Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGoldbond
Stranger
Male
Loc: UK Flag
Got a grow kit but no intructions
    #11360773 - 11/01/09 01:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi,
I recently received a growkit for cubenis,not the ones with the spore kits etc just an easy grow one with the cake,mycellium(?)all made up in a plastic container,the only thing is theres no instructions and i cant remember exactly what to do?
I have grown these in the past but it was a few years back,if i remember correctly i got a bucket/washing up bowl(could use an aquarium etc)with a small amount of water in the bottom,placed the cake into it but still in its container,then covered the top with cling film leaving a very small gap aprrox half inch making sure not to get any water on the kit.
I think after that i placed it near a heater,im sure it said keep out of direct sunlight??And basically just waited a couple of weeks till they popped up,easy yeah?The thing is this kit is slightly different,i cant remember if i took the lid off the other ones or left it on??But this kit has got a kind of 'zipper' on the lid and God knows what im supposed to do with that?Open it?Take the lid off,leave it on?? Theres also a large,thick,plastic bag included with some more of these 'zipper' things on it,their like white zippers?I dont know if the bag is for growing the kit in or what?
Has anyone got any experience with these kits and can tell me what to do,i know its the lazy mans way by not using spore prints etc but i just wanted some asap,i will be getting another kit with the spore prints and learning from scratch but for now could anyone help me with this please?The last time i had one they grew in 2-3weeks and gave me 3 good flushes and for around £40:stoned:
Any help would be much appreciated cheers:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZed
Certified Insane
Re: Got a grow kit but no intructions [Re: Goldbond]
    #11360942 - 11/01/09 03:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Im guessing you take the lid off and somehow attach that large plastic bag on the top, to create a humidity tent. be sure to exchange air in the bag 4 times a day or so (assuming the bag has no breathable patches?). keep the bag out of direct sunlight but not in darkness.

Dont bother with a heater  unless your room is very cold (under 60F)

Im guessing the kit came with no instructions because its illegal to grow in the uk.

Hope this helps.

Offlinemckeeclyde
Stranger

#11360964 - 11/01/09 04:20 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I was going to say that if the kit is basically the same as the ones you got before apart from the bag and zipper things then maybe you should just go ahead and do it the same way as before,plastic bowl,some water in the bottom and cover with cling film making sure to leave a gap like before.The water will create moisture with the heat due to the cling film thus saving you having to spray the cake,if it worked before it should again..
If you got the kit from Amsterdam??Im sure it's the same one i got a few years back but there were no zippers lol.
Or use the bag like this other guy says,you say its got the zippers on so open em a bit and it'll save you having to fill it with fresh air.
Hope it helps and tell us if it works..

--------------------
Fanous saying:'ohhhhh,i think we took too many'lol

OfflineGoldbond
Stranger
Male

Loc: UK Flag
    #11365972 - 11/01/09 10:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks a lot for that,i would never of thought of using the plastic bag as a humidity tent,i was all set to do it the old way(place in bowl,water on bottom but NONE on cake,cover with cling film and wait)bu that made me think.Anyway iv'e trawled through youtube and found a vid from a shop that sells theses kits(at least im hoping its the same)its got the same white zipper thing on the lid,two paper clips and plasic bag,even thats in my kit.On this video though it shows em opening the lid slightly and filling the platic container holding the cake up with water and the replacing the lid?? The old ones said NEVER get water on em and they look exactly the same,anyone got any ideas why??
So it's filled up with water,leave twelve hours then drain out the water that hasn't soaked into the cake,wash your hands and then put the container minus lid in the bag and fold the top down with the paper clips.THEN WAIT LOL...
Fuckin rip off really,40 euros for that,shit man,the last one i bought(years ago)someone on here told me how to take spore prints from them when they'd grown which i did but seein as iv'e moved since then iv'e lost em.
Hope it works anyway,just a bit worried about adding water to it when i DEFO didnt do it before.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds