Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Amada tapas and tasting
    #11360346 - 11/01/09 12:44 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Amada Restaurant is the flagship restaurant for Jose Garces, known as one of the premiere Spanish and latin chefs in the country.

He's best known for taking on and beating Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America, and he's currently the frontrunner to win the Next Iron Chef.

Anyways, I've always wanted to try this restaurant, as I've loved spanish fair for a while now, and appreciate Tapas since it taps into my Korean appeal for Pan-Chan.

So here it is, the Chef's selected tasting of tapas, which came out in 3 "waves" so to speak, each wave had a certain theme of flavor and a matching beer to go with it.

Wave 1:

I forgot the name of the beer, but it's an imported Peruvian blonde.

Ensalada Jamone.  Roasted figs, spiced toasted almonds, cabrales, baby spinache wrapped in serrano ham.

On the Left, from top to bottom.

Aged Manchego with Truffle Lavender Honey,  Spannish Aragones with golden raisin jam, Cadi Urgelia with Chocolate hazlenut puree.

Next to that is crunchy flat bread with a tuna horseradish parmesian dip.

On the top are the bread and apples for the cheeses and assorted spread.  Below that is kumamoto oysters in a blueberry gelee.  Really interesting and actually pretty delicious but strange to eat.

Wave 2:

Dishes served with a Belgian IPA

Best dish of the night IMO.  Calamari a la Plancha, with little grilled fingerling potato scallops.  Tender, fatty, spicey, smokey.

Crab stuffed huajillo peppers.  The crab meat was fresh, which was very nice.

Grilled flat bread "alcachofas y setas"  Marinaded artichoke, wild creminis, black truffle, and manchego cheese.  Topped with microgreens.

Wave 3:

Served with a traditional lager house brewed.

Grilled skewered scallops a la plancha.  Tender, juicy, delicious.  The green sauce is your traditional pistou. 

Grilled Asparagus a la plancha, black truffle cream sauce, poached egg, sesame crisp.

Grilled seasonal wild mushrooms a la plancha.  I actually thoroughly enjoyed the simplicity behind this dish, although I wish there was somewhat of a more exotic variety of mushroom.  It was more of a side dish for the other plates...

Grilled lamb chops a la plancha.  More pistou underneath.

Prime Sirloine with Catalan toasted pine nuts, spinach, membrillo and goat cheese mousse.

Deserts:

Hot chocolate flam, rasberry sorbet, assorted blackberrys, strawberriys,

Uh, fucking AMAZING desert.  One of the best deserts i've ever had.

This is deep fried vanilla custard fritters, chocolate hazlenut ice cream, capuccino mousse, all on a bed of hot fudge spread.

This meal was definitely another favorite.  Thoroughly enjoyable.  Not overly fancy but the execution of every dish was fantastic.  The matchings and structure of the meal were pretty creative and original, as the waves went from mild and raw dishes, to the spicier and saltier wave, then to the rich and earthiest wave, heavy use of truffles and herbs, etc.

Great meal, and as with any good tasting menu, the diversity of dishes was impressive.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

Re: Amada tapas and tasting [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #11360425 - 11/01/09 01:07 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Mucho grilled i see :smile: Some very nice looking meals, looks like the restaurant i would love to visit :yesnod:
Was there any VERY spicy meal?
Thanks for sharing as usual =]

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: Amada tapas and tasting [Re: dstark]
    #11360463 - 11/01/09 01:17 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

nah nothing too spicey

the second wave of dishes had a decent heat to them  the calimari and the peppers had some spice, but nothing super strong.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

Re: Amada tapas and tasting [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #11361630 - 11/01/09 11:33 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah the meal actually looks little hot :smile: i love spicy food...
Just finished my meal, that desert you have there would fit perfectly :lol:

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

General Interest >> Culinary Arts, Gardening and Brewing