Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshredder
shreddingoftheaxe
how often to trip?
    #11359729 - 10/31/09 07:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So far i have done mushies twice and have heard many peeps talk about it frying your brain. This i don't believe but am also wondering what is a safe time distance in between trips? Last time i tripped was about three weeks to a month ago. I wouldn't be so concerned but i have suffered from paranoia and depression for about four years. This is the only thing that worries me, but i do enjoy tripping and my paranoia does not seem to increase but insted subside, so? I love doing psychadelics but they also scare the shit out of me in a way b/c every time you do them there is a possibility of triggering a mental illness. So far it hasn't happened though, i just don't want to push it and end up with a debilitating illness that i have to deal with the rest of my life. Yeah, sounds extremely dramatic and prolly way off base to most of you, yet we all know this shit can happen!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineThisfire
Chiller
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: how often to trip? [Re: shredder]
    #11359740 - 10/31/09 08:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Id say 3 days to a week minimum for the wait time.
So you wont build up a tolerance.

If a mental illness hasn't been triggered yet from 2 times, it probably wont.
You are most likely safe.

--------------------

Let your imagination fill in the blanks.
Weed, Salvia, DXM, MDMA, Speed, Azures, Cubes, Nitrous, DMT, LSD /, Peyote, Ayahuasca

Edited by Thisfire (10/31/09 08:04 PM)

Offlineblackstatis
sycoknot

#11359751 - 10/31/09 08:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

the "insanity induced by mushrooms or acid" is what we call urban legend.  everybody's heard about the kid that tripped way to much or had a vile spill in his pocket and now he's perma-fried.  its the same style story i'm sure you heard about the girl at school who had to go to the ER to get the hot dog out of her vagina. 

just know your body, know your substance and if it feels like too much, then slow down.  i think you'll be fine.  some people trip once a week, once a month, or once a year.  just know what you're doing and what it does to your body.

OfflineMorningrise
Electric Wizard
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: how often to trip? [Re: blackstatis]
    #11359771 - 10/31/09 08:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's really an individual thing. Obviously if you're tripping often enough to build up physical tolerance (ie. more than once a week) I would say that's too much. But aside from that, it all depends on how it affects you personally. For some people, more than once every two or three months is too much, for others tripping twice a month is fine.

InvisibleJanamil

Re: how often to trip? [Re: Thisfire]
    #11359772 - 10/31/09 08:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Thisfire said:

Quote:

Thisfire said:

Actually I wouldnt say that, just dont be scared. That will probably give you a bad trip. I dont believe mental inless is exactly "triggerd" like, it was dormant in you, I believe it just happens with a bad trip, well I guess I lied I believe sometimes it is triggered, like Ive heard of people looking in the mirror and having guilt overpower them and then they had depression and shit for years after.

But I believe damage is just done when your mind cannot handle the complexities of a strong trip, your mind just gets damaged. I dont believe a genetic illness is triggered most of the time.

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

Re: how often to trip? [Re: Janamil]
    #11359866 - 10/31/09 08:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

1) Tolerance goes away after 3 days or so as has been said already.
2)I wouldnt recommend tripping frequently. Youll find that your trips will start losing their "magic".

Mushrooms dont harm you physically, but it is possible to have a traumatic experience while tripping that could make your anxiety and depression.

OfflineZenGarden
Blues Power
Male

Loc: Fl
Re: how often to trip? [Re: TTT]
    #11359967 - 10/31/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Just trip when you feel like you want to and don't be afraid of possible triggering a mental illness, just don't abuse it and it won't abuse you.

--------------------
.................. I'm as firm as red clay and as constant as... Drinkin. I'm constantly drinkin

"It's better to burn out than it is to rust"

InvisibleKnobby Tops
Psychonaut

Re: how often to trip? [Re: ZenGarden]
    #11359984 - 10/31/09 09:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I like tripping HARD but infrequently....

So I take between 3 - 6 grams of cracker dry shrooms about 2 - 4 times a year.

I always need a few weeks to assimilate the things I learn during my trip, and then I don't really have the urge to trip again for a long time...

I usually try for special occasions... my birthday, new years and then once or twice more through the year, but always about 3 - 4 months apart.

Offlineshredder
shreddingoftheaxe
Re: how often to trip? [Re: TTT]
    #11359992 - 10/31/09 09:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hey guys thanks for you'alls views, most the stuff i guess i expected, but nontheless good insight. Mainly i asked this question b/c for the past 3 years or so i have had pretty bad depression but would never go as far as saying it's schizo b/c thats a whole nother deal. Iv done much research in all areas of mental illnesses and realize that they are all interconnected more than we really realize. For instance, you could have bi-polar tendancies and  someone may say that your schizo so basically who is anyone else to say what you actually are, only you know. As far as people using the word "trigger" as in mushies and mental illness, hahaha thats a joke b/c really what that means is that you had a bad trip, and you continue to allow those thoughts that you had disturb your every day functioning. With that said happy tripping you'all and don't take yourself to seriously

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
    #11360029 - 10/31/09 09:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

try to space them apart as much as possible if you can. this can be kind of difficult, because psychedelic drugs tend to be quite seasonal and are only around for a short time. for example mushroom season here is in winter, and i cram as many trips as i can into a short amount of time and burn myself out. i tripped 7 weeks in a row last year... like level 4+ trips... that just ran me ragged.

try to trip approx once a month, maybe less. try for about 8-12 trips a year. know your body, know your mind, know your limits. know when enoughs enough.:heart:

--------------------

Invisiblespectralis
 User Gallery

Re: how often to trip? [Re: Lucas89]
    #11360764 - 11/01/09 01:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you inherit a Schizophrenia gene then intense anxiety from a bad trip or bereavement etc can trigger it.
Shrooms are an extremely sophisticated way of altering your psychological state (unlike poisoning your brain with solvents/ethanol) the chemicals 4HO,DMT psilocybin/psilocin etc resemble neurotransmitter chemicals already in your brain, it's like putting a few of those natural chemicals in slightly different parts of the brain, which is un-natural but not as bad as what the people who claim it fries your brain prefer to do (drink alcohol/do coke)
Dr Alexander Shulgin said the Neurotransmitter receptor sites in the brain take a certain amount of time to normalize, I think you can have 2-3 great trips 5 days after each other but then it's best to leave it about a month or you'l be wasting shrooms having to take high doses.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag