Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGreegus
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Eastern Missouri
Within the last couple of days. Forest/pasture NE Missouri Priority low
    #11359605 - 10/31/09 09:31 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I was extremely busy the last couple of weeks but would stop while checking fences to shoot photos with some forest as well as out in the pasture.  NE Missouri cold and rainy.  Around 50 degrees. 

I apologize for not grabbing the spore prints on these.  I did not plan on consuming them.  (But I rolled the dice and did!!  Kidding btw.  Not that ballsy.)  Sorry for no description on these various mushrooms upon drying.  If you feel like guessing then go for it.  The few specimens that I did pick were left behind.  lol Don't worry, I was not ripping everything up I came across.  Just curious so I might know what to expect if I take them in and dry/print them in the future.

Mushroom 1

Forest floor, scattered, measurements in pictures. 

Mushroom 2

Scattered on forest floor.  Sorry for lack of measurements.  I seem to recall it being much the same size as mushroom 1. 

Mushroom 3

Only found one of these on the forest floor.  Did spore print this one a couple of days ago.  Did not keep it.  Recall it was very tan-brown in spore color with a heavy deposit. 

Mushroom 4

These looked old.  Found them in small clumps on the forest floor.  No spore print of these.  Sorry.

Mushroom 5

Found one of these on a log.  The rest of the photos were way too blurry on showing under the apical stem or gills.

Mushroom 6

Large mushroom scattered to clumped amongst wet fescue/clover grass.  Never extended above the grass.  Were all partially covered by various rotting grass. 

Cap 6-15cm incurved-decurved, wavy margin, Dorsally pink-tan color, thick rubbery skin , cracking horizontally displaying pallid flesh thickening toward the stem.  Overall broadly convex-campanulate? 
Gills Uncinate-sinuate, close, tan thickening toward center (3-5mm).  Very easy to separate from the cap.  Abaxial side of cap after separation is bright white with a soft cottony texture.  (I am sure that sounds dumb) 

Spore Print On white paper no spore print has been made after 3 hours.  Guessing white.  Still printing. 

Stipe Bent to straight. 3-5cm long, 1-3cm thick darker tan basally, apically white with slight pubescence varying in length down the stem, partial veil remnants? Fibrous. 

--------------------
Slowly learning from you, David Arora, and Paul Stamets

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Loc: NY
Trusted Identifier
Re: Within the last couple of days. Forest/pasture NE Missouri Priority low [Re: Greegus]
    #11359644 - 10/31/09 09:38 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

1 and 2 are Mycena
3 is a Cortinarius
4 maybe Gymnopus or Marasmius
5 is interesting...like to see more pics
6 looks like Blewits to me get a second opinion if you intend to cook them up...

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

OfflineGreegus
Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Eastern Missouri
Re: Within the last couple of days. Forest/pasture NE Missouri Priority low [Re: Bobzimmer]
    #11359660 - 10/31/09 09:40 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I wish I had some decent pictures of 5.  I know where I took it at.  Since it has been extremely rainy around here lately, I might trek back to see if I can get any better shots of it.  There were some others about to emerge from that small stick of wood.

--------------------
Slowly learning from you, David Arora, and Paul Stamets

Invisiblevjp
Canowicakte
 User Gallery

Loc: Ste-ye-hah' mah
Trusted Identifier
Re: Within the last couple of days. Forest/pasture NE Missouri Priority low [Re: Greegus]
    #11359696 - 10/31/09 09:48 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

#1 reminds me of Xerula species.

Invisiblevjp
Canowicakte
 User Gallery

Loc: Ste-ye-hah' mah
Trusted Identifier
Re: Within the last couple of days. Forest/pasture NE Missouri Priority low [Re: vjp]
    #11359711 - 10/31/09 09:54 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i think #2 is Mycena oregonensis

nvm

Edited by vjp (10/31/09 09:56 PM)

InvisibleBobzimmer
Crawlin' Kingsnake
 User Gallery

Loc: NY
Trusted Identifier
Re: Within the last couple of days. Forest/pasture NE Missouri Priority low [Re: vjp]
    #11359760 - 10/31/09 10:05 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

#1 reminds me of Xerula species.

Looks kinda small for that. I was thinking something like Mycena murina.

--------------------
Mr. Mushrooms said:
I will confess something that should be quite obvious, CC.  I love mushrooms, i.e. fungi.  I really do.  I am talking about a strong feeling, i.e. emotion, for them.  I think they are beautiful.  I even dream of them.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification