Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Excellent day with mescaline
    #11359155 - 10/31/09 08:07 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

First ever "full" trip report given online, though I have intermittently documented a journey or two in the past.  Usually the first times I ingest a substance I like to write about it to give myself a chance to think fully and completely about what it is I experienced and how I felt.

And today I felt (and still feel) absolutely amazing.  It's 7:27pm and I dosed this morning at around 10:08 so we're at T+9:30 and things are still much the same as they have been all day.  This is my second experience with mescaline and this trip feels much more like a "trip" than my first experience.  Though I think I ingested about the same dose (350-400 mg) as last time, this time I didn't vomit (both good and bad, parts of me feel like if it didn't happen maybe I didn't need it, parts of me feel like mescaline is all about vomiting evil thoughts and feelings as well as negative energy from your body).  I'm pretty sure keeping it all in as opposed to vomiting early period is the reason for the "more active presentation" this time around.

This experience has, as such, been  a lot more like a low dose of LSD, but as many people remark "without the mindfuck".  A better way I've seen it described (but perhaps harder to grasp?) is that it is indeed more mentally clear.  The mystery that is whatever is going on still pops up, the phenomena, the thoughts, the visuals but instead of being thrown on a playground merry-go-round and being required to hold on no matter where you land (that being easier if you land closer toward the center, or progressively harder the further from it you go), it's like ending up right in the middle every time.  The ride is a bit slower, like say an older adult pulling it along rather than an excited, hurried teenager or younger adult, but it also lasts longer, and it feels like I've gained more understanding and like I'm doing what I really got into *this* to be doing.

In some ways, after having experienced and after beginning to understand mescaline, acid has connotations of revelry and excess to me.  Perhaps moderation should be moderated though?  Certainly nothing wrong with acid, don't get me wrong I'm not going there.  I feel the most important aspect to a substance is whether or not, how harshly, and in what manner it will reprimand you for abusing it, and acid does that well enough (to the extent that I see it as a very VERY neutral tool, whereas mescaline seems to have seriously positive, and indeed serious connotations.  It will hurt you exactly as much as you *need*, whatever that means, whereas acid oftentimes goes a bit overboard I feel.  We'll see.)

Something I've seen mentioned very sparsely is how much of a "drain" this is.  I don't see this as something you'd want to do every day for a number of reasons, the inherent nausea, the longer experience time and most importantly the facial strain that I've felt both times I've ingested. (mesc dissolved in water)  Within an hour or two of taking the substance I swear I can FEEL my pupils dilating.  There is moderate ocular strain as I type this that has been present throughout the day and presented exactly the same today as it did the previous time I did mescaline.  There was some jaw clenching, which is a terrible phrase I usually equate with amphetamines like adderall, but it is, or at least for me was phenomenologically there and should be noted.

I just can't type anymore.  We desperately need more, and especially more detailed trip reports on mescaline.  I found a serious dearth of information here at the shroomery and erowid regarding this substance relative to others and IMO it has treated me far better than the alternatives.  Whether for better or worse remains to be seen, that will only come with time.

Best to all :smile:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports