Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Grow Light, HPS

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemango man
crazed!
Male

Loc: north CUNTry Flag
Cannabis LED grow lights for mushies?
    #11359052 - 10/31/09 07:53 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Has anyone tried to use LED lights like the UFO for shrooms before?
I was wondering if the blue and red bulbs will stimulate growth in fungus like it does for plants?

--------------------
Always interested in trading with trusted Shroomerites!
I'm looking for edibles and prints from woodlovers.
:pm: me

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: Cannabis LED grow lights for mushies? [Re: mango man]
    #11359465 - 10/31/09 09:08 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i thought about that, but thats a lot of money to spend when CFLs work the best (apparently)

i was just reading a post by RR i think it was... talking about 6500k is the perfect lighting to use.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Offlinecloudsaregathering
pasturbater
Male

Loc: ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
Re: Cannabis LED grow lights for mushies? [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #11359479 - 10/31/09 09:11 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

dude i was going to try a strobe light once that would have to have some kind of crazy result...

--------------------

"the root of the problem has been isolated"

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: Cannabis LED grow lights for mushies? [Re: cloudsaregathering]
    #11359541 - 10/31/09 09:21 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
There's at least ten answers in this thread that are flat out wrong.

Light does play a major role in the size of the mushrooms.  Mushrooms derive 'energy' from light, and bright high frequency light will grow larger mushrooms with more finish weight.  Commercial mushroom farms have proved this fact beyond debate.

HPS has a very low color temperature and is not the best frequency of light to use.  Most are around 2700 Kelvin, while mycelium pins and produces the largest mushrooms when given light at around 6500 Kelvin.

Light does not tell mushrooms which way to grow.  They grow opposite gravity in the absence of light.  Mushrooms turn towards light because they are benefiting from it.

Light is a pinning trigger, increases growth and vigor of mushrooms after pinning, and helps to coordinate the circadian rhythm when run in a normal day/night routine that includes warmer daytime and cooler night time temperatures.

The lights that are proved to work best are 'natural daylight' fluorescent in the 6500 Kelvin range.  I'm running tests on LEDs and will report back the results once I've confirmed them though multiple grows.

Lighting requirements of mushrooms.
RR

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Grow Light, HPS

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation