Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrumpyorc
Ghost

Possible Contamination Brf Jar Stalled Mycelium PICS
    #11357465 - 10/31/09 03:02 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Ok hi and happy Halloween. I knocked up 5 brf jars on October 13th and within a few days there was a nasty yellow tint from the inoculation points. ALL the inoculation points had it so if its a contam it was from the syringe. this pic isnt my batch but its EXACTLY what it looked it its from some other dudes post

Ok so after 2 weeks 2 jars show no growth but the rest of the jars have grown like MAD!!! iv been very satisfied thinking that this yellow junk wasn't a contam and just not thinking about the 2 other jars which are now isolated.  BUT!! (dramatic music) one of the jars is starting to worry me. heres a pic of the troubled jar, on the right, and the prize pony of my herd on the left.

The one on the left was the size of a pinhead when the one on the right was the size of a quarter. the one on the left shows MAD rhizormorphic growth and the one on the right has none whatsoever. Its just fuzzy. The one on the right i think has stopped growing or at least slowed CONSIDERABLY.  so whats up with this? anyone know? any suggestions? should i at least isolate the questionable jar? duh right? lol  anyway if anyone has any input that would be great im sweating bullets lol.  just listing details here umm  theres also no odor. not a bad one anyway. just smelled like rice. i cracked one of the ones that showed no germination open.  i have all the jars flipped with the tape off. too ok thats every single last detail i can think of. ^^

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleprismism

Re: Possible Contamination Brf Jar Stalled Mycelium PICS [Re: Grumpyorc]
    #11357524 - 10/31/09 03:14 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i dont get it. what are you asking? you present us with contamination photos that are not even yours and then ask if they look contaminated?
your two jars in the bottom photo look fine.

--------------------
ephemeral anomalous

OfflineGrumpyorc
Ghost

Re: Possible Contamination Brf Jar Stalled Mycelium PICS [Re: prismism]
    #11357643 - 10/31/09 03:33 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

im sorry i meant to be more clear with the question. Im saying that my jars looked like the top photo after inoculation and now they look like the bottom ones but that one on the right has stalled out and im just wondering if its linked. because if so then i have 5 jars of myc and some bacteria duking it out and need to know how to behave appropriately. sorry bout that heh

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation