Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

Extraction
    #11357171 - 10/31/09 02:09 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, so ordered some Lab Grade Sodium Hydroxide last week, should be here soon.
Also purchased some V,M & P Naphtha.

So according to previous calculation... having 32 grams of Root Bark
Plans are to use 450 ml of purified water based with 45g of Sodium Hydroxide (3 tablespoons).
Allow root bark to base in solution for 24 hours.
Then extract with 450 ml (?) of Naphtha. Need help with this... is that a sufficient amount... or would that just be overkill?
Agitate for 3-4 times throughout the day before extracting the Naphtha that night.
Collect the naphtha in a sealed jar and put into my freezer for crystallization.
Repeat the process the next few days with clean naphtha until yields become significantly smaller.
Or reuse the old Naphtha? What would produce better results?

For recrystallization, just going to slightly warm the Naphtha, taking care of course, and add it to the powdered crystals and re-precipitate them through the same process.

Know that the slower the precipitation the cleaner the product... but just a little too excited.

Could someone look over Tek and see any flaws or give any ideas to better refine it?
Are the measurements sufficient? This will be the first time extracting.

And Root Bark being 1%... at 32g... calculating 320mg of product?
Of course, expect loss of product...

--------------------
Disclaimer : Anything posting by this internet alias should be considered completely fiction and, for the most part, bullshit. :evil:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male

Loc: Samsara
Re: Extraction [Re: I 3nj0y Pi3]
    #11357364 - 10/31/09 02:44 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I 3nj0y Pi3 said:

Then extract with 450 ml (?) of Naphtha. Need help with this... is that a sufficient amount... or would that just be overkill?

That's ridiculous.  Use no more than 100 ml naptha, maybe less.

Quote:

Or reuse the old Naphtha? What would produce better results?

Reuse the old naptha.

Quote:

For recrystallization, just going to slightly warm the Naphtha, taking care of course, and add it to the powdered crystals and re-precipitate them through the same process.

Do this only if you are unhappy with the quality of your freeze-precipitated product.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

OfflineI 3nj0y Pi3
Male

Re: Extraction [Re: Nature Boy]
    #11357392 - 10/31/09 02:49 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, reuse the old 100 ml of Naphtha, but the rest of the Tek sounds pretty good?

--------------------
Disclaimer : Anything posting by this internet alias should be considered completely fiction and, for the most part, bullshit. :evil:

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male

Loc: Samsara
Re: Extraction [Re: I 3nj0y Pi3]
    #11357416 - 10/31/09 02:53 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Arrrgggh.  The search function would undoubtedly bring you here:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10089233

I assure you, all your questions have been asked and answered.

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Extraction [Re: Nature Boy]
    #11357421 - 10/31/09 02:54 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Nature Boy, what would you recommend to people using more then the amount you specified in your tech? Just do it multiple times?

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: Extraction [Re: pfxtc]
    #11357459 - 10/31/09 03:01 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
Nature Boy, what would you recommend to people using more then the amount you specified in your tech? Just do it multiple times?

I know I'm not NB but past like 250g's the extraction starts to get less and less effective and has more and more waste just due to the amount of bark and the fact that DMT can become trapped in the bark, this is why A/B extractions are better for larger amounts and STB is good for small amounts up to 250g's. I do 250gram extractions every time doing a STB extraction and have no problems with yield but have had problems when doing 500 grams in a much bigger pot, idealy 100-150 grams of bark max should be used for a STB so you can get every little bit of DMT out of the bark but it's fine to go up to 250.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience