Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinexxfirearmedxx
Stranger
A Concerned Trip "Partner"
    #11352566 - 10/30/09 05:12 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hello everyone. My name is Max.

I want to post here in an attempt to post my concerns and worries prior to an event that is planned to happen tomorrow (Halloween) while not coming across prudish.

A little background: I have only been drunk once in my short life, I've never used drugs. My upbringing both in my household and at school has strongly advised me against the use of drugs and alcohol, and as such, I've always found myself avoiding the substances.

My girlfriend of three years, however, has used drugs for several years (Mind you, we are only freshmen in college) but has never used Mushrooms before. Whenever she mentions a plan to use drugs with her friends, I get a sinking feeling in my stomach, I feel anxious and nauseous. I generally feel better when I'm there with her, but the event always makes me worried.

She has planned with her friends to take mushrooms tomorrow, Halloween. It will be her first time using the substance, but she wants me there with her, though she does not expect me to partake in the experience, because she trusts me more than anyone else, and I will most likely be the only sober one there.

My question to you all then, is: what should I expect?

So far, I feel alienated from her choice of friends because they all partake in drugs and drinking, and often express not only their dis-interest in me, but their desire to keep me away from their activities (Though when I'm there with them, I stay quiet)

I don't know whether her use of Mushrooms will be one that encourages her further to take them. I don't know whether the profound insight connected with the drug will cause her to grow distant from me. Or whether the alienation between her and I will grow even more. I also don't know what the signs are, when she is tripping, of when I should become involved, either to help her out of a potentially bad trip, or what I should do.

Also, she planned to go outside with her friends on Halloween during her trip. I heard it is generally inadvisable to do so on your first trip on Mushrooms, what should I do or say in regards to this where I don't come off negatively toward her friends, while still protecting her?

How do I know the batch is safe? Though the number of bad batches may be small, I care about her desperately, and do not want her to be hurt. I'm trying to be supportive (Though the usage goes against everything I've ever been taught) but I don't know what to do, and what to be cautious of. Thank you for your help everyone.

I hope to hear from you all soon.

Thank you in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegab1159
Conventional weirdo...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, Québec Flag
Re: A Concerned Trip "Partner" [Re: xxfirearmedxx]
    #11352631 - 10/30/09 05:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm I'm kind of disapointed just reading that. I'm gonna try to make this short:

First of all, I'd tell you to convince them to stay INSIDE if it's their first time and that they are really tripping. Will be easier for you. Honestly, you're going to have a bad time if they go outside and go out of control. If I were you I'd even show you this post I'm writting.

As for the "will she be more distant" thing, well, it shouldn't. I do not think mushrooms can make people more distant. She may start loving you more as I always do. The feelings always stayed present in my mind so it's not just "in the moment".

"Will she take more magical mushrooms?". Depends! The first time I did them, it was clear in my mind, if I like them, I'm gonna do them again. If I don't, I'll never do them again. Fortunetly I liked them.

Being the only sober guy for I-don't-know-how-much-people tripping on shrooms seems kind of hard, especially because you're against drugs and everything. Try to bring someone with you you're gonna be more comfortable.

If someone starts to badtrip, you'll know. When they'll start to trip, you'll know. It's noticeable, they're gonna act strange but it's their first time, so they'll probably be like "OMG! What is that! Oh that is so weird!" or "Well I'm starting to feel 'em! That's cool! (probably due to a placebo if it's their first time ehe, happened to me)".

The only thing I could tell you, do not interact to much with them if they do not want to.

Mushrooms aren't dangerous so your girlfriend's health is not at risk. The chances they get a passed out batch is  quite low. They're most likely to have a good time.

If you have ANY questions ask them or PM me if you want :wink:

"Everything's gonna be alright" - Bob Marley ehe

--------------------

"This is a call of arms to live and love and sleep together. We could flood the streets with love or light or heat whatever..." - MGMT

"I have three words for you: Take some drugs!" -Simon Posford

OfflineKlingon
Lurker of the deepest woods

#11352681 - 10/30/09 05:33 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I don't know whether the profound insight connected with the drug will cause her to grow distant from me

It most likely will.

Quote:

I also don't know what the signs are, when she is tripping, of when I should become involved, either to help her out of a potentially bad trip, or what I should do.

Make sure as little as possible scares her when she's tripping. You'll know when it's starting; she's probably gonna laugh like mad. There is no need to get involved in her trip unless she freaks out. Try to calm her down if she does.

I know how you feel dude, I was really worried when my girlfriend of 5 years tripped for the first time too. Luckily, I understood what she was talking about while tripping since I had already tripped myself before that. The conversation we had that night is one of the strongest moment we've had together, so my best advice would probably be: if you're suited for mushrooms, try them.

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

DMT: The Spirit Molecule documentary

There is pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes, 
By the deep sea, and music in its roar:
I love not man the less, but Nature more.

-Lord Byron

Offlinexxfirearmedxx
Stranger
Re: A Concerned Trip "Partner" [Re: gab1159]
    #11352694 - 10/30/09 05:35 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

It's reassuring to hear from you. I suppose I've been told one too many times that I worry too much about these things, but I've always been someone who's overly cautious about this activity. I'm somewhat upset that my Halloween has to be spent inside watching them, I don't know who I'd bring with, as I have very few mutual friends that know both her and her friends.

Her reason for taking Mushrooms is "just to try them" and when I protested, she told me to let her "do her own thing" which is a little depressing to hear from your own girlfriend.

I don't trust her friends, however, they are seniors in high school trying to live up their last year together. They've done a lot of stupid things, and my girlfriend is very encouragable. I don't know whether this falls under the category of "reasons you should take Mushrooms"

Also, if they do insist on going outside, what are the risks, and what should I look out for? there will probably be at least three of them, though i don't know whether all three will partake. Also, if I cave in the day of, is it generally inadvisable to have two or three first-time Mushroom users together? Does the drug impair your thought process in a way that threatens your safety?

I suppose my preconceptions of Mushrooms is that you lose touch of reality. As if you're put in another dimension. Say, if there is a tree in front of you, on a trip, will you see that tree?

Thanks.

Offlinexxfirearmedxx
Stranger
    #11352711 - 10/30/09 05:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'm also afraid that if I DO try mushrooms, I won't be in the right mental state going in. I've always been one keen on controlling his mental/emotional state. I hate knowing that I'm not in control of my own life, which is one of the reasons, I suppose, that I have stayed away from drugs.

Given the overwhelming, negative feeling I get when talking about drugs, and knowing that she's taking them, this anxious, somewhat upset feeling may not be the best when partaking in Mushrooms, correct?

OfflineKlingon

Re: A Concerned Trip "Partner" [Re: Klingon]
    #11352718 - 10/30/09 05:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I suppose my preconceptions of Mushrooms is that you lose touch of reality. As if you're put in another dimension. Say, if there is a tree in front of you, on a trip, will you see that tree?

You'll see the tree, talk to it, and it will talk back :grin:. But seriously, all senses are sharpened on mushrooms. She will most likely see, hear and smell a lot better than you will.

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

-Lord Byron

Offlinexxfirearmedxx
Stranger
    #11352728 - 10/30/09 05:40 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Klingon said:
Quote:

You'll see the tree, talk to it, and it will talk back :grin:. But seriously, all senses are sharpened on mushrooms. She will most likely see, hear and smell a lot better than you will.

So the tree, then, doesn't turn into, say, a bear, or a flower? It's still a tree, with the same physical dimensions and properties as a tree would have.

Offlinegab1159
Conventional weirdo...
Male User Gallery

#11352746 - 10/30/09 05:44 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yes it can threaten your safety. That's why I'm saying you're better inside.

The reason I said you were better this way is that if they are tripping really hard and start seeing creepy costumes they might start to freak out. As soon as you start to, you're doomed for the rest of the trip, if it's your first time. For 'em it's gonna be a foreign feeling they might not be able to control. Please. PLEASE! Do all you can to stay inside. This is best for you. Because you don,t want to be trying to keep them under control if they start to panic on the streets with all the kids around and well, catch my drift?

Maybe you should talk to her about it, about your concerns. It's the best.

Good luck my friend

--------------------

"This is a call of arms to live and love and sleep together. We could flood the streets with love or light or heat whatever..." - MGMT

Offlinegab1159
Conventional weirdo...
Male User Gallery

#11352765 - 10/30/09 05:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

xxfirearmedxx said:
Quote:

Klingon said:
Quote:

So the tree, then, doesn't turn into, say, a bear, or a flower? It's still a tree, with the same physical dimensions and properties as a tree would have.

Depends on the dosage. The tree CAN become a bear and therefor give you a badtrip if you are too astonished or scared of bears or whatever.

As for yourself, DON'T! Don't take them. You've been drunk once, you are not used to be out of control, as you said, on shrooms YOU'LL BE OUT OF CONTROL and you'll be scared of it because you're simply not ready for it. If there's a little voice in your inside telling you not to do them, listen.

--------------------

OfflineKlingon

#11352837 - 10/30/09 05:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

The "going outside on Halloween while tripping on mushrooms" idea is just hilarious. Please follow gab1159's advice and stay inside :grin:
I think mushrooms became illegal in the Netherlands some months ago because a girl did something similar, and jumped of a roof-top. A blank white wall can sometimes be more than enough to handle. Imagine the costumes, kids and all that.

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

-Lord Byron

Offlinegab1159
Conventional weirdo...
Male User Gallery

#11352863 - 10/30/09 06:00 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'm probably gonna go outside tomorrow but don't follow me aha. I know it's risky so don't.

--------------------

OfflineKlingon

#11352870 - 10/30/09 06:02 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

As for yourself, DON'T! Don't take them. You've been drunk once, you are not used to be out of control, as you said, on shrooms YOU'LL BE OUT OF CONTROL and you'll be scared of it because you're simply not ready for it. If there's a little voice in your inside telling you not to do them, listen

When I said you should consider trying them I didnt mean this weekend. It took me 7 months to read into and prepare before I dared to try. And I grew them myself too to be on the safe side.

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

-Lord Byron

Offlinesinkingbeach
beachbum
 User Gallery

#11352878 - 10/30/09 06:03 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I really don't like this entire set-up, first off your girlfriend is going to feel your negative vibes towards her trip(I feel it) which in turn will create a bad trip. If your not real close to her friends I'm concerned they to will feel that negativity. I would seriously ask her to find a different sitter tomorrow night, one with a more open mind and possibly some experience. Please don't take this as a put down as I'm sure your concern for your girlfriend is real, but reading your verbage I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable tripping around you.

--------------------
"Psilocybin and psilocin are noteworthy in that their molecular structures are very similar to chemicals present in the human brain. Psilocin, for example, differs from the human neurotransmitter serotonin (designated 5-hydroxytryptamine) by only one hydroxy molecule. In this respect, the mushrooms are mirror images of the human brain."

Offlinegab1159
Conventional weirdo...
Male User Gallery

Re: A Concerned Trip "Partner" [Re: sinkingbeach]
    #11352902 - 10/30/09 06:07 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sinkingbeach said:
I really don't like this entire set-up, first off your girlfriend is going to feel your negative vibes towards her trip(I feel it) which in turn will create a bad trip. If your not real close to her friends I'm concerned they to will feel that negativity. I would seriously ask her to find a different sitter tomorrow night, one with a more open mind and possibly some experience. Please don't take this as a put down as I'm sure your concern for your girlfriend is real, but reading your verbage I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable tripping around you.

That's the best. Seriously.

--------------------

OfflineKlingon

#11352903 - 10/30/09 06:07 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I'm probably gonna go outside tomorrow but don't follow me aha. I know it's risky so don't.

You seem to be experienced though, so your chance of survival is higher :grin: I went outside once tripping with my girlfriend. When we realized our cat (which walked with us the whole time) was gone and probably wouldnt find its way home alone, the lights of a passing car alone scared my girlfriend so much she puked. It doesnt take much if the mindset is right. When we got back to our apartment after walking outside in the cold for 3 hours we noticed we had lost our keys and couldnt get back in :grin:.

--------------------
consciousobserver.net

-Lord Byron

Offlinegab1159
Conventional weirdo...
Male User Gallery

#11352910 - 10/30/09 06:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Klingon said:
Quote:

You seem to be experienced though, so your chance of survival is higher :grin: I went outside once tripping with my girlfriend. When we realized our cat (which walked with us the whole time) was gone and probably wouldnt find its way home alone, the lights of a passing car alone scared my girlfriend so much she puked. It doesnt take much if the mindset is right. When we got back to our apartment after walking outside in the cold for 3 hours we noticed we had lost our keys and couldnt get back in :grin:.

Epic!

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11352933 - 10/30/09 06:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I went outside on mushrooms during Halloween last year and had a blast.

I dont think I woulda done so well if I hadnt a few trips under my belt.

Offlineswitchy85
Man, somethin ain't right here.
Male

Re: A Concerned Trip "Partner" [Re: sinkingbeach]
    #11353012 - 10/30/09 06:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

sinkingbeach said:

My exact thoughts on the matter. She wants you around because she has feelings for you and you probably make her feel safe. The reason why it would be a bad idea are pretty much the same reasons she wants you around. Not only are your physical senses enhanced by mushrooms, but also the ability to pick up on other's moods and feelings. They will instantly feel your disdain towards their activities (and by proxy, them) and that in itself will cause bad things to happen. If you were open to the ideas of drugs and other such activities then it wouldn't be an issue, but from the sound of it there isn't much that will undo the brainwashing that decades of DARE has caused you. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just stating the truth.
And as for the tree/bear thing: you really shouldn't worry about that as long as their dose is within reason. A tree is still a tree; it just happens to dance, talk, and look really awesome. :eek:

--------------------
Penguins are so cool... laid back and relaxed.
Really, when was the last time you seen a mad penguin?

Free Stuff Thread

OfflineFreedom
Will swim for food
Male User Gallery

#11353190 - 10/30/09 06:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

my thoughts are unorganized about this so Im just gonna make some points

1. WATCH THE VIDEO ON THIS PAGE VIDEO. It will help you understand some things that are important, and also help you have confidence. It has advice from a Harvard doctor. 

2. Be honest with yourself about how you judge her taking the drug. If you don't like it, she will probably pick up on this while she is tripping and that could cause conflict - even lead to panic if she is not too experienced which it sounds like she is not.

3. Things can get psychological on mushrooms. A recent poster here had a very intense trip that was heavan and hell and then came to these conclusions:

Quote:

I have to refrain from alcohol immediately.
I have to start eating right.
I have to start meditating regularly again.
I have to start exercising.
Basically I have to take care of myself better.

are you prepared to support her through an intense experience like this, without judgement, without being pushy or controling in any way?

4. I don't think it's absolutely important that she be inside - but you should have some kind of safe space you can go where she can be alone if things get psychological.

5. The dose is important. The larger the dose, the more I would suggest a controlled environment.

6. drugs that change consciousness are neither good nor bad. They are tools - like any tool they can be used to harm or to help.

7. Using psychedelics is a skill, just like shooting guns is a skill. You can kill yourself shooting guns or taking psychedelics, but you would have to be either really stupid or really unlucky to kill yourself doing either. It takes skill or luck to shoot guns or take psychedelics in a productive way.

8. Shooting guns while tripping is only for Ninjas.

--------------------

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: A Concerned Trip "Partner" [Re: Freedom]
    #11353469 - 10/30/09 07:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

A couple things in your post caught my eye, And I figure I will comment.

"will she 'grow' MORE(?) distant from me"

Dont blame the shrooms maaaan, sounds like something is going on besides the drugs.

"help her out of a bad trip"

Honestly, you will probably just make it worse...... In a nutshell, If she is freaking out, "its ok, you ate mushrooms and are now trippin, everything is fine, everything is ok, you are ok, I am ok, you will be just fine in about 6 hours"

Beyond that the idea of "talking someone out of a bad trip" is fairly ridiculous from the standpoint of someone who has never experienced shrooms.

I am with the already voiced opinion that they should all just trip together..... without you. I mean, if they are that close, and this is a blow out for ending highschool..... How are you welcome again? Beyond which, you will just be the "sober guy" who will freak everyone out a bit........:tongue2:

I dont really have much more to add.....

Unless you want to talk about your relationship and whats going on..... the feelings between you and stuff........ :heart:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience