Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: Dynoo]
    #11351907 - 10/30/09 01:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Fighting fire with fire I guess.

Quote:

Dynoo said:
Smart people try to out-smart each other and go grammar nazi on each other when they feel angry.

I wasn't trying to out-smart anyone, just simply stating a quote I read in a book at one point. :shrug: These clowns misinterpreted what I said as me claiming to be intelligent or whatever, when all I was doing was reverberating something. :shrug:

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: pfxtc]
    #11351920 - 10/30/09 01:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, I think there is a large group of people so ignorant they can barely get dressed in the morning.
Id say about 8/10 of people I have trouble conversing with due to their lack of intelligence, and the other 2/10 due to my lack of intelligence.

InvisibleDynoo
-
 User Gallery

Loc: - Flag
Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: pfxtc]
    #11351925 - 10/30/09 01:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I wasn't attacking you or being personal. It's just an observation of mine.  :ashamed:

--------------------
-

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11351950 - 10/30/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Yes, I think there is a large group of people so ignorant they can barely get dressed in the morning.
Id say about 8/10 of people I have trouble conversing with due to their lack of intelligence, and the other 2/10 due to my lack of intelligence.

In my senior year of High School I had a hard time maintaining friendship with most of my close friends because of some reason, either the heroin they all started doing or something but I couldn't have a god damned conversation with any of them and most our conversations ended up with me being so frustrated by their ignorance that I left. Moving on afterwords was pretty easy because I found myself in the "Stoner" crowd and didn't experience any of those "leaving all my friends behind" feelings because I pretty much got bored of sitting around watching them fuck themselves up all the time.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: alternatereality]
    #11351954 - 10/30/09 01:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This thread will become a basis for many a scientific journal on ego-mania.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: Wasteland]
    #11351959 - 10/30/09 01:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wasteland said:
Douche sign #2: He makes assumptions and generalizations basing grammar skills on recreational drug use.

a) I saw that edit
b) What are you trying to say with this? I think you have me confused with someone else (you don't know how to quick reply).

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (10/30/09 01:24 PM)

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: Dynoo]
    #11351961 - 10/30/09 01:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dynoo said:
I wasn't attacking you or being personal. It's just an observation of mine.  :ashamed:

I wasn't attacking you either, just expanding upon what you said :tongue2:

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: alternatereality]
    #11351972 - 10/30/09 01:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
Quote:

Wasteland said:
Douche sign #2: He makes assumptions and generalizations basing grammar skills on recreational drug use.

a) I saw that edit
b) What are you trying to say with this? I think you have me confused with someone else (you don't know how to quick reply).

Just doing my part to mangle this thread.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #11351975 - 10/30/09 01:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Amazing how many people in this thread think they're smarter than everyone else. Shroomery hosts a higher intelligence than normal, or the majority of people think they are smarter then everyone else while just being average. Probably the latter. I can't remember the last time I met someone who thought they were dumb or had a lot to learn on the internet. I meet geniuses all the time though.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: John]
    #11351987 - 10/30/09 01:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Most people who fall under the "true idiots" category dont know how to work a computer.
The ones who do learn how to work a computer and do manage to get on the shroomery usually dont become very popular.

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11352006 - 10/30/09 01:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Most people who fall under the "true idiots" category dont know how to work a computer.

The majority of computer users don't know how to use a computer.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:

InvisibleDynoo
-
 User Gallery

Loc: - Flag
Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: Wasteland]
    #11352039 - 10/30/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wasteland said:
Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:

The majority of computer users don't know how to use a computer.

--------------------
-

OfflineAlphaFalfa
imagine

Loc: 3 Seconds Ago. Flag
    #11352044 - 10/30/09 01:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Talk about intelligence!

--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...

Offlinebatheinthefountain
ॐ ॐ ॐ
Male

Loc: Germany
    #11352046 - 10/30/09 01:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

alternatereality said:
Lately I really feel like being smart is a disadvantage. Maybe it's because I haven't met the right people, but to be honest...all of my friends right now are your typical stoners. I feel like I have to dumb things down for them all the time. I'm constantly revising what I say so that they'll understand. I always find myself searching for smaller words for things or just deciding not to bother telling them something at all because I know they won't get it.

Sometimes it's kind of nice to know that you're the most intelligent in a group of people.
The person who I hang out with most these days always introduces me to his friends as the smartest girl he knows, or his little drug encyclopedia haha. And that's really flattering and everything, but I don't know, I feel isolated in some ways. I don't have anyone that I can really talk to about the sort of things I think about. I don't want to always have to explain everything. I wish I could have someone around that would just...get it.

Anyone else feel like that?

i know that feeling bro.
I really have a few very inteligent people i can have fun with,
but if i hang out with some others they simply dont get what i'm saying / making a joke about.

you get the WTF-looks, and feel akward for saying something inteligent.

tough situations

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: John]
    #11352052 - 10/30/09 01:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

John said:
Amazing how many people in this thread think they're smarter than everyone else. Shroomery hosts a higher intelligence than normal, or the majority of people think they are smarter then everyone else while just being average. Probably the latter. I can't remember the last time I met someone who thought they were dumb or had a lot to learn on the internet. I meet geniuses all the time though.

I think it's mostly a matter of the fact that most people know others who are dumber than they are.

Anyway, I used to be more modest about my intelligence, but after being told so many times by others how intelligent I am, I figure I might as well not insult their intelligence by pretending otherwise.

--------------------

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you ever feel like your intelligence separates you from others? [Re: AlphaFalfa]
    #11352057 - 10/30/09 01:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

AlphaFalfa said:
Talk about intelligence!

That joke was funny when I saw it in the movie Cheaters.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #11352154 - 10/30/09 01:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

These threads make me LOL

(Check out cannabischarlie's 'really really intelligent' thread below)

:laugh:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]