Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Problems Using Encryption?
    #11350938 - 10/30/09 12:16 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys (and Gals), I've noticed that there seems to be a ton of users that are having a hard time using the site's encryption feature. I was also stymied for awhile. I figured it out and thought that I would sound off for those of you who have yet to do so.

The encryption feature is way cool, but it only works when both people can use it and I'm tired of re-typing PM's because the people who are trying to communicate with me haven't figured it out yet.

When you set up the encryption feature you first create a pass code. Write this down somewhere because you will need it every time you use the feature. (Or, even better, create a pass code that you can easily remember!)

After creating the pass code, the site will give you an apparently meaningless, long assed string of characters that you must save in a file on your computer! I copied and pasted mine onto my desktop for easy use.

Now for the part that confuses people.

In order to use the feature, when you encrypt, you just have to click the encrypt message "button".

When you receive an encrypted message:

The FIRST box that you need to fill in, is the pass code that you created. This has been written down and sticky noted to your monitor, or memorized by faithful repetition as you drift off to sleep.

The SECOND box that you are prompted to fill in, is that long list of characters that you have saved to your files as a document and copied to your desktop for easy retrieval.

Go to this document and control C it. Then return to the prompt and control V to fill in the box. It's just like adding a picture to your post, with the exception that it's not auto copied. That's it!

I'm hoping that this helps those of you who have had problems to overcome them. :goodluck:

Peace Bruddas, (and Sistas)!

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemilkman59
milkman
Male User Gallery
Re: Problems Using Encryption? [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #11351160 - 10/30/09 01:15 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i feel the same way

--------------------
milkman does wikidzons... fresh start 10/26/09
prints sent out today sorry for delay.....10/27/09

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
Re: Problems Using Encryption? [Re: milkman59]
    #11351394 - 10/30/09 02:02 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

For a noob that's been mostly lurking here, how do I actually get to the encryption page?

EDIT:  Found it, disregard!

Edited by abltsandwich (10/30/09 03:21 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation