Home | Community | Message Board


Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Registered: 01/21/08
Posts: 6,840
Loc: off the wall
When two people experience the same hallucination
    #11350809 - 10/30/09 11:44 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

For example hearing a loud humming, which the sober people in the room cannot hear, only the trippers.

What is happening?


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Registered: 12/10/99
Posts: 13,185
Loc: South Florida Flag
Last seen: 6 hours, 8 minutes
Re: When two people experience the same hallucination [Re: deranger]
    #11351943 - 10/30/09 03:21 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Simple telepathy of the same psychically-generated source. Group-mind was a fairly common event in the early days of tripping, where people would lie in a circle, sometimes with heads close together. A group phenomenon sometimes occurred. Telepathy happened MOST of the times for me while under the influence of LSD.
BTW, the word "hallucination" is a medical term, and it is used perjoratively when speaking about psychological events which are not understood, taxonomized or valued by those who hold exclusively to the medical model. In India, for example, where the science of sound (including inner sounds called sabda) has long been known and utilized as mantras, these events are well known. Often, they are referred to as deities, gods and goddesses, as well as labelled states of mind.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGrapefruit
Still Busy Going Mad
 User Gallery


Registered: 05/09/08
Posts: 5,260
Last seen: 3 months, 23 days
Re: When two people experience the same hallucination [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #11352243 - 10/30/09 04:14 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I discovered what i though to be the meaning of life and forgot it at the exact same time as another tripper, it was pretty cool. We weren't talking about the meaning of life or anything like that at the time it was just bam, i knew he did aswell just looked up at him and asked, sure enough. Could be some telepathic phenomena, I don't see how environmental circumstance could cause something that specific to occur but what the hell do i know. :shrug:



--------------------
"Some are born to sweet delight, others to the endless night."


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleChronic7
 User Gallery
Registered: 05/08/04
Posts: 13,677
Re: When two people experience the same hallucination [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #11352275 - 10/30/09 04:18 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Simple telepathy of the same psychically-generated source. Group-mind was a fairly common event in the early days of tripping, where people would lie in a circle, sometimes with heads close together. A group phenomenon sometimes occurred. Telepathy happened MOST of the times for me while under the influence of LSD.
BTW, the word "hallucination" is a medical term, and it is used perjoratively when speaking about psychological events which are not understood, taxonomized or valued by those who hold exclusively to the medical model. In India, for example, where the science of sound (including inner sounds called sabda) has long been known and utilized as mantras, these events are well known. Often, they are referred to as deities, gods and goddesses, as well as labelled states of mind.





I like that :thumbup:

If you know what it is, its not a hallucenation anymore
To me hallucenation has always implied a kind of hypnosis factor, being fascinated by an apparent reality

If you question to whom this reality appears... it is possible to come to understand that the vision seen is of the same level of the one who is visualizing, that only as long as we take something to be real & become hypnotized by its apprent reality, can it influence the amount of joy we experience or joy we previously beleived to have derived from the phenomena

:peace:


--------------------
________________________________


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSprezzatura
Virtuoso
Male

Registered: 10/01/09
Posts: 2,637
Loc: On the Atlantic Ocean
Last seen: 5 years, 28 days
Re: When two people experience the same hallucination [Re: deranger]
    #11352436 - 10/30/09 04:49 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

deranger said:
For example hearing a loud humming, which the sober people in the room cannot hear, only the trippers.

What is happening?




Two trippers getting one over on the sober guy :smile: aka Bullshit.


--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet





:mushroom2: :beer:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSprezzatura
Virtuoso
Male

Registered: 10/01/09
Posts: 2,637
Loc: On the Atlantic Ocean
Last seen: 5 years, 28 days
Re: When two people experience the same hallucination [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #11352445 - 10/30/09 04:51 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Simple telepathy of the same psychically-generated source. Group-mind was a fairly common event in the early days of tripping, where people would lie in a circle, sometimes with heads close together. A group phenomenon sometimes occurred. Telepathy happened MOST of the times for me while under the influence of LSD.
BTW, the word "hallucination" is a medical term, and it is used perjoratively when speaking about psychological events which are not understood, taxonomized or valued by those who hold exclusively to the medical model. In India, for example, where the science of sound (including inner sounds called sabda) has long been known and utilized as mantras, these events are well known. Often, they are referred to as deities, gods and goddesses, as well as labelled states of mind.




Good stuff :thumbup:


--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet





:mushroom2: :beer:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Registered: 01/21/08
Posts: 6,840
Loc: off the wall
Re: When two people experience the same hallucination [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #11352519 - 10/30/09 05:04 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Two trippers getting one over on the sober guy

sense this does not make.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSprezzatura
Virtuoso
Male

Registered: 10/01/09
Posts: 2,637
Loc: On the Atlantic Ocean
Last seen: 5 years, 28 days
Re: When two people experience the same hallucination [Re: deranger]
    #11352549 - 10/30/09 05:10 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

they could be fucking with the sober guy?


--------------------
Spectaculorum procedere debet





:mushroom2: :beer:


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Registered: 01/21/08
Posts: 6,840
Loc: off the wall
Re: When two people experience the same hallucination [Re: Sprezzatura]
    #11352579 - 10/30/09 05:14 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

no, we weren't fucking with the sober guy.


Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* True experience/hallucinations. Droz 493 8 07/09/05 08:57 AM
by Icelander
* Stripping Away Outside Influences
( 1 2 all )
Veritas 2,306 31 04/16/07 08:29 PM
by leery11
* The "God" Experience
( 1 2 3 all )
Synesthetic 3,469 57 03/29/09 04:54 PM
by Synesthetic
* Experience vs. Interpretation OrgoneConclusion 800 8 10/06/07 05:33 PM
by Icelander
* Out of Body experiences - It is possible because...
( 1 2 3 all )
mikeyboy 2,908 41 08/27/05 04:10 AM
by Locus
* Peyote Experience ~ Guys broken Ankle healed in seconds
( 1 2 all )
CreatorMatrix14 2,568 24 04/08/04 01:13 PM
by Jim
* Theory to explain the manifestation of visual hallucinations
( 1 2 all )
OmEgAx1 2,450 32 06/08/05 05:23 AM
by OmEgAx1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, CosmicJoke, Jokeshopbeard, DividedQuantum
481 topic views. 1 members, 6 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Toggle Favorite | Print Topic | Stats ]
Search this thread:
Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2017 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 19 queries.