Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShazbuckle
Stranger
Lib hunting...there must be something I'm overlooking
    #11350198 - 10/30/09 05:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok so I'm just back from my third hunting trip. Didn't find a single mushroom in the 3 hours I was out.

I found some perfect fields for libs, one field was grazed by horses (i left because they started running towards me and i got scared :P) another was grazed by sheep (the grass was very long here) and the last was grazed by cows(the grass wasn't too long at all, I thought it was the perfect location..)

For the past few days in Dublin/Wicklow there's been quite a lot of rain, and it was raining a lot today during my hunt. Could there be too much water? The cow field was waterlogged in a few places but there were areas where you could walk fine. Also we haven't seen much sun in the past week.

It's so frustrating because I would have thought these would be the perfect locations but alas, nothing.

Could the lib season be over? We haven't had any frost yet so I'm not sure..I'm in ireland btw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLobsterSauceDiscord
 User Gallery

Re: Lib hunting...there must be something I'm overlooking [Re: Shazbuckle]
    #11350207 - 10/30/09 05:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Libs are all over the shop.

It has to be nice fertile grass,not overgrazed and the ground should feel nice and soft under your feet. Not hard and too compact.

Do you drive? Go and search the fields. Don't stop where you are. Sheep nearby is a very good sign.

Me and someone else from here found a new set of fields recently. We were driving along,saw a sheep field and pulled up. We checked that particular field but it was rough ground so we checked across the road.

Hey presto. The were quite a few rabbits in these set of fields too. Hope that helps.

--------------------

OfflineShazbuckle
Stranger
Re: Lib hunting...there must be something I'm overlooking [Re: LobsterSauce]
    #11350221 - 10/30/09 05:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I do drive yea.

That could be my problem that the ground might have been a bit rough. I would have stayed longer and looked at more fields but the rain really picked up.

Do you ever find the grass might be too long to look for libs? In one of them I don't think I could even see the soil. :smile:

User Gallery

#11350227 - 10/30/09 05:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You want to find the grass that's just right.

Also,we were wearing wellies and that's how we noticed the texture of the ground. 15 euro. Solid investment :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineShazbuckle
Stranger
    #11350238 - 10/30/09 05:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jimtown said:

Also,we were wearing wellies and that's how we noticed the texture of the ground. 15 euro. Solid investment :thumbup:

haha, mine got stolen at oxegen :frown:

User Gallery

#11350270 - 10/30/09 06:24 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Buy more!

--------------------

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
    #11350449 - 10/30/09 08:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

honestly i have found them in many different types of grasses.some really short , like 4 inches tall to super super tall grass thats like 4- 5 feet tall!  the easiest is shorter grass obviously especially if there are clumps of the dry yellow tall grass mixxed in.

my favortite fields are ones that have had livestock at one time but are empty now. i got chased by a group of cows he other day too and it reminded me how much easier it is if they are not around!:wink:

--------------------

InvisibleLibertycapper
Doctor Banner
 User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia Flag
Re: Lib hunting...there must be something I'm overlooking [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #11350574 - 10/30/09 08:41 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

hey psylo...where are you? a couple of years ago i got chased by cows too and being the city boy i ran....lol. until the next time i met up with a guy who showed me the cows are just curious and they hang around you for a while and just keep doing what youre doing and when they see you are not the farmer to feed them they just happily eat and shit again.

OfflineJonasQuim
Psychopscilocybin
 User Gallery

Re: Lib hunting...there must be something I'm overlooking [Re: Libertycapper]
    #11350718 - 10/30/09 09:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Stare at your feet and walk around slowly stick to the damper areas of the feild?

--------------------
"The weekend has landed...
All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world, man. I'm gonna blow steam out my head like a screaming kettle, I'm gonna talk cod shit to strangers all night, I'm gonna lose the plot on the dancefloor. The free radicals inside me are freakin', man! Tonight I'm Jip Travolta, I'm Peter Popper, I'm going to never-never land with my chosen family, man. We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did..."

Offlinem-d-m-a
cyan spreader
Male

Loc: Midlands U.K
Re: Lib hunting...there must be something I'm overlooking [Re: JonasQuim]
    #11351066 - 10/30/09 10:45 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i find the longer grass to be better enviroment for them to fruit. seem to more abundant in the longer grass

--------------------

OfflineBeege
gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Germany Flag
    #11351107 - 10/30/09 10:59 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shazbuckle said:
Ok so I'm just back from my third hunting trip. Didn't find a single mushroom in the 3 hours I was out.

I found some perfect fields for libs, one field was grazed by horses (i left because they started running towards me and i got scared :P) another was grazed by sheep (the grass was very long here) and the last was grazed by cows(the grass wasn't too long at all, I thought it was the perfect location..)

For the past few days in Dublin/Wicklow there's been quite a lot of rain, and it was raining a lot today during my hunt. Could there be too much water? The cow field was waterlogged in a few places but there were areas where you could walk fine. Also we haven't seen much sun in the past week.

It's so frustrating because I would have thought these would be the perfect locations but alas, nothing.

Could the lib season be over? We haven't had any frost yet so I'm not sure..I'm in ireland btw

don't overthink it.  Mushroom hunting is easy, don't make it hard.
Are you walking and hoping to see something? I bet if you squat down and just study the ground in a few different small areas you'll find something interesting if not libs.
Stick with it, you're bound to find something if you continue.

--------------------

Offlinerexwayne
1.21 Jiggawatts

Loc: Norfolk , va - lame
Re: Lib hunting...there must be something I'm overlooking [Re: Beege]
    #11351339 - 10/30/09 11:53 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

this is why i love cube hunting...so easy.(in texas anyways)

--------------------
:dj:

Offlineliquidpoop
novice shroomer
Male

Loc: uk
Re: Lib hunting...there must be something I'm overlooking [Re: rexwayne]
    #11351774 - 10/30/09 12:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

unlucky mate... i was in the same place as you last week ive never found them before and wasnt too sure what they looked like either. few tips that helped me:

*i dont know if you have found them before but i was always looking for much bigger mushrooms, libs are tiny even the mature ones usually arent very big

*dont just scour one field just find a couple close together with cattle etc. nearby and just have a quick walk over each having a good scan as you go... then you will waste less time in fields with none, then if you find one or 2 you can go through it for a while to find more.

*if there are no mushrooms in the fields at all you probably wont find just libs alone look for all sorts and you might be on the right track.

*take a trusted friend 2 heads are better than one, i was going out alone coming back empty handed (3 times) then me and 2 other friends went out and we came back with well over 100 libs but i think the field had already been hammered

... im no expert as i said but these are just a few things that helped me and now ive found one it seems like i can stand in one place and look around and i can spot a lib from like 30 yards.... its insane! they just jump out at ya.

good luck anyway mate

lp

--------------------
I saw it was and it wasnt, i thought i had but i hadnt. i felt i could... but i couldnt... holy shiii man these are f*kin strong, i think ill just sit here till its over!

Offlinedicky21
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Lib hunting...there must be something I'm overlooking [Re: liquidpoop]
    #11351852 - 10/30/09 01:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yea keep at it... you'll find the little guys soon enough. As it goes I only started hunted Libs this season and found my first few the other day and that was just outside of London.  Exactly what liquidpoop said actually..... I found a random field with a huge amount of different shrooms growing in it and so when i studied harder and looked longer I found them. Your first find is an amazing feeling!

Good luck and happy hunting... :thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract