Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethrowinsamoan
Stranger

first timer, yes i used the search but still have questions
    #11349019 - 10/29/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So first and foremost this site is amazing.  soooooo much info its literally taken me several weeks of researching to come up with a gameplan (or at least what i think is a plan).  most of my questions were answered through the search function but still have a few since i'm a noob.  anyway so i have decided that i'm going to use roadkill's (or whoever originally came up with it) horse poo tek. 

first question is for sterilizing the substrate, i think i read somewhere that you could boil the jars instead of using a pressure cooker (i don't have one readily available and the less money spent the better) but i couldn't find it again.

next question is does my TiT incubator need air flow?  i was going to put it in a closet but wasn't sure if it needs to get fresh air all the time like a fruiting chamber.

next question is whether i should case the cakes once the pan is completely colonized.  and if i should, what should i use if i'm doing the horse poop tek?  i'm still kinda in the dark about casing, i've tried reading a bunch of different posts but still doesnt quite make sense to me about what the casing layer is, is it just a layer of the non nutritive substance, or is it like the horse poop?

next question is if the syle of fruiting chamber has any impact on grow time?  i was going to use a shotgun fc that i saw from rr.  is this the most practical?  from what i gathered it needs very little maintenence.  just the occasional misting to keep the humidity up.  also will it hurt if theres an fan running in the room the fc will be in?  i often have a fan running in my room but it would be pointed away from where the fc would be.

also what are some reliable sites people have gotten spores from?  i was going to use spores101.

aside from that everything seems pretty straight forward.  if anyone has any further suggestions to help a new guy that would be much appreciated as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: first timer, yes i used the search but still have questions [Re: throwinsamoan]
    #11349070 - 10/29/09 10:30 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

throwinsamoan said:
So first and foremost this site is amazing.  soooooo much info its literally taken me several weeks of researching to come up with a gameplan (or at least what i think is a plan).  most of my questions were answered through the search function but still have a few since i'm a noob.  anyway so i have decided that i'm going to use roadkill's (or whoever originally came up with it) horse poo tek. 

first question is for sterilizing the substrate, i think i read somewhere that you could boil the jars instead of using a pressure cooker (i don't have one readily available and the less money spent the better) but i couldn't find it again.

next question is does my TiT incubator need air flow?  i was going to put it in a closet but wasn't sure if it needs to get fresh air all the time like a fruiting chamber.

next question is whether i should case the cakes once the pan is completely colonized.  and if i should, what should i use if i'm doing the horse poop tek?  i'm still kinda in the dark about casing, i've tried reading a bunch of different posts but still doesnt quite make sense to me about what the casing layer is, is it just a layer of the non nutritive substance, or is it like the horse poop?

next question is if the syle of fruiting chamber has any impact on grow time?  i was going to use a shotgun fc that i saw from rr.  is this the most practical?  from what i gathered it needs very little maintenence.  just the occasional misting to keep the humidity up.  also will it hurt if theres an fan running in the room the fc will be in?  i often have a fan running in my room but it would be pointed away from where the fc would be.

also what are some reliable sites people have gotten spores from?  i was going to use spores101.

aside from that everything seems pretty straight forward.  if anyone has any further suggestions to help a new guy that would be much appreciated as well.

if you are using th PF tek you dont need a PC.

you really dont need a incubator. leave the jars sitting out at room temp is perfect. best temp is 73-81, 83 being the optimal temp, but anything above 83 will cause the mycl to produce at a slower rate and you get a bigger chance of contaminations at hight temps. so leave them at room temp. mine stay in my bedroom wich is in the low 70's/

after the cakes are 100% you can crumble and case if you want, really wont help out in the long run. most use grains for spawning to bulk. a casing layer is simply a non nutritious layer on top that helps provide a moisture barrier for your mushrooms.

shotgun fc will work best for cakes.

DONT USE SPORES101!!!!  here is a link to the vendors. i use sporeworks.  http://www.shroomery.org/8689/Mycology

for more help check out the link in my sig. it has all RR's notes and up to date teks that work.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

InvisibleCH HELL
Brain Sturgeon
Male User Gallery

Loc: mars Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: first timer, yes i used the search but still have questions [Re: throwinsamoan]
    #11349103 - 10/29/09 10:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Stick with PF Tek your first grow seeing you don't have a PC this is your only option.  After your first grow then you could try spawning the cakes to horse manure.
A TIT is not needed room temperature is fine(69-75).
A shot gun fc is good low maintenance and the fan should be fine just make sure it is not directly in front of it.
Don't buy your first spores from 101 try Ralphsters or sporeworks any of the shroomery sponsors are good but I like those two.
CH

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: first timer, yes i used the search but still have questions [Re: CH HELL]
    #11349116 - 10/29/09 10:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

tell sporeworks your a shroomery member and they will send you a free spore syringe.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offlinethrowinsamoan
Stranger

Re: first timer, yes i used the search but still have questions [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11349173 - 10/29/09 10:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yea i did plan on using the pf tek to make my cakes, how do i sterilize the brf jars if i'm not using a pressure cooker?

as far as the incubator, i do not plan to incubate my jars, but in this tek on horse poop he says to incubate after you mix the substrate and horse poop.  i plan on leaving my jars in r

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11349183 - 10/29/09 10:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinethrowinsamoan
Stranger

#11349230 - 10/29/09 10:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

ok cool, just watched the first vid, exactly what i needed, thanks.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11349239 - 10/29/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:super:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules