Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTriptopinkFloyd
No Hassles orBad Attitudes

Loc: nowhere I want to be
Hidden terrariums
    #1133866 - 12/11/02 10:32 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone got any tips on hidden and discrete setups? Maybe a terrarium that doesn't look like a terrarium :confused:

--------------------
I do not partake in illegal acts of any kind, what i say is in pure interest for the science of mycology.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTriptopinkFloyd
No Hassles orBad Attitudes

Loc: nowhere I want to be
Re: Hidden terrariums [Re: TriptopinkFloyd]
    #1133881 - 12/11/02 10:46 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I was only looking for more input seeing as yours was the only suggestion

--------------------
I do not partake in illegal acts of any kind, what i say is in pure interest for the science of mycology.

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
    #1133987 - 12/12/02 01:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i got mine in a rubbermaid thing on the floor, i didnt cut any windows or holes in it so it just looks like i'm keeping clothes or something in there

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

OfflineGhosty
journeyman
Re: Hidden terrariums [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1133990 - 12/12/02 01:57 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

rubbermaid container... stash in closet.. and use perlite so you have no sound or anything of an airpump/bubbler...

Enjoy

--------------------
-weird

Offlinec0ma
the pimp

Re: Hidden terrariums [Re: Ghosty]
    #1134021 - 12/12/02 02:23 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Ghosty is it you? it's me oua2ooo!!!!

Yeah rubbermaid with perlite should work very well, thats what i use :laugh:

OfflineComa of Souls
kunt whore

Loc: Vancouver island, British...
Re: Hidden terrariums [Re: c0ma]
    #1134133 - 12/12/02 03:20 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

maybye you should go and change your name BACK to 000u0m20m02 or watever... fukin name theif penis gobbler..

--------------------
im a weeeeezel look at me *weeze* *weeze*

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta
Re: Hidden terrariums [Re: Coma of Souls]
    #1134235 - 12/12/02 04:06 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I use a big ole' igloo cooler. for light, i run a strand of white christmas lights thru the top. works great, and since it rarely gets abouve 69 deg. in my house, the cooler insulates the heat from the lights and im at 73 pretty much all the time. 98% rh.

--------------------

Offlinec0ma
the pimp

Re: Hidden terrariums [Re: Coma of Souls]
    #1134310 - 12/12/02 04:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Coma shut the fuck allready, no im not gonna change my name, why do you care so much? just change your name if you want i won't!!!!

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #1134330 - 12/12/02 04:39 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

all you kids should stop growing in your parents house's Shrooms are for grown-ups... not to "Get high"

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta
Re: Hidden terrariums [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #1134839 - 12/12/02 07:48 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

im not even going to respond to such a stupid fucking statement. wops i just did

--------------------

Offlineajg2425
farmer

#1134849 - 12/12/02 07:54 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

fuck y ou

--------------------
http://www.erowid.org

OfflineMister Black
smokes pot

#1134918 - 12/12/02 08:39 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you Loop. It seems people have to be reminded of that from time to time.

I have a setup in one of my many closets. It is on a giant shelf in three large tubs and two small ones. It is not inconspicuous. This said, I can understand that in certain apartment situations a 'hidden' setup would have advantages. If closet space was tight, or you have regular visitors that you don't want messing with/knowing about your setup, for example.

A regular rubbermaid tub is of course an excellent solution to this problem. They can be used to store anything, and they don't make people think "mushrooms".

If you're like me, you have boxes from computer shit all over the place. The box my iMac came in would be perfect for a incubating/fruiting chamber with just a vertical divider in the middle.

If you have big speakers, you can take the woofer off the front of the speaker and you have a nice big storage area out of view of anyone. I don't know about the effects of bass vibes on developing mycos however..

If you want to do something bigger/fancier, go to a used furniture store and get a dresser. Take out the drawers and remove their fronts. Attach the drawer fronts to a piece of plywood, and put hinges on the whole thing. Big ass chamber with hinged doors that looks like it has clothes in it. Very hidden, but right there.

One of the advantages of shrooms over, say, mj, is that it's a fairly inconspicuous setup. You don't have big bushes or giant bright ass lights running your power meter. This said, mj growers are an excellent source of hidden-grobox ideas. I saw a setup on the internet (forget the address..) where a guy had modded a cardboard TV box. He gave it a wooden frame, and divided it into two chambers: vegetative and fruiting. It was powered and you could pull the chambers out on drawers i think.. very slick, and it was just in his garage under some shit. It looked like regular garage rubble, totally hidden.

Anyway, all i'm saying is, there are a million ways you can disguise a mush setup, it just depends on the space you have and the materials you're willing to work with.

OfflineMdubya
pussy control

Loc: im at a gay rave.
Re: Hidden terrariums [Re: Mister Black]
    #1134964 - 12/12/02 09:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

WOW ! My That was the most useful thread of Hidding Ive Heard Of.
(and i ve read 60 pages of post at work) ha..

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1134971 - 12/12/02 09:05 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

all you kids should stop growing in your parents house's Shrooms are for grown-ups... not to "Get high"

Loop, I completely agree.  And it shows by the warm reception you got :grin:

Quote:

Anyone got any tips on hidden and discrete setups? Maybe a terrarium that doesn't look like a terrarium 

Yeah, out in your backyard underneath a bush.  Its simple, easy, and effective.    Plus, the cops can't really arrest you for having shrooms grow in your back yard.   

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: Hidden terrariums [Re: Skikid16]
    #1135153 - 12/12/02 10:00 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Just cause someone wants to go stealth doesnt mean they live with their parents. Maybe, like in my case, its because GROWING CUBENSIS IS ILLEGAL!!!!! I'm doing pretty good at keeping mine hidden, except for when the false top is on and the light in the closet is on. I dont tell my friends what Ive been up to for fear of big mouths, but the other day I got a "You left your closet light on" which was a little awkward, good thing the light switch is outside the closet  :grin:  I personally didnt grow when I lived with my parents, but if someone can pull it off successfully, props to them on their stealth. They are gonna be good growers when they grow up  :smile:  I dont know whats up with you guys and not caring what it looks like on the outside. I'm always throwing ideas around in my head. I guess its more important to me cause I live apartment life and know the super has a key, and is nosey. I tried to get him to fix my toilet for a month, and one day he just let himself in when I was at work. Good thing I didnt leave anything out, and that everything was "closed up". Let me just say, cops can get search warrants without you even knowing you did anything wrong. You can get in a lot of trouble growing shrooms. They will weigh them wet, actually, intent statutes dont even matter if you are growing, because thats manufactre, and thats a whole other ball game. You big drug kingpins you  :tongue: 

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: Hidden terrariums [Re: iloveraving]
    #1135249 - 12/12/02 10:21 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Computer tower.

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
    #1135265 - 12/12/02 10:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

werd!

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #1135266 - 12/12/02 10:25 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

it's Illegal here too, and I live in an apartment with a PhD in microbiology living down stairs... stand up for what you belive in...

and to all those who backed me.. you my brothers in arms..

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

OfflineNWShroomer
Stranger
    #1135446 - 12/12/02 11:31 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I believe both parties are right. I quit growing weed cause my GIRLFRIEND busted me so I'm trying to take this up as a hobby now. Some peoples partners object to growing CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES. But, on the other hand kids shouldn't be doing this shit and face it... no one should, at least in the US. Some folks need to hide it from their girlfriend and thats a ligit excuse, not cause mommy checks your closet.

But hey if we didn't do this kinda shit when we were kids, we wouldn't be doing it now so don't act totally self-rightueos.

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: Hidden terrariums [Re: NWShroomer]
    #1135472 - 12/12/02 11:44 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Just use your imagination's, every one's alway's trying to do it by some tek, obvioulsy those tek's have been made by someone else, just adapt them to best suit your own needs..

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates