Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleP-O
#AnyoneButHarper
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Kratom + percocets
    #11348086 - 10/29/09 10:32 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Im tryin to find some info if this is a bad mix.  I drank a tea with 7grams few hours ago.  Im comming down now, a bit.  Do you think popping a percy will hurt me?  a 1/2?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

Re: Kratom + percocets [Re: P-O]
    #11348148 - 10/29/09 10:39 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

just sleep it down, and save the percocet for tomorrow, i have told this to a million people.

learn to recognize the compulsive "gotta take more to stay in this goodness"

with those kind of drugs your not gonna really get the high back in the same day, so just save it. that kind of compulsion to take more is what leads to addiction.

and don't be fooled kratom is definitely just as addictive as any of the other similar drugs

OfflineSkryllz
Resident lurker
Re: Kratom + percocets [Re: dkamp18]
    #11348457 - 10/29/09 11:13 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

OP - You'll be fine, 7 grams of kratom isn't that much, and neither is one percoset. 
however just like dkamp18 said you could always just save the percoset for tomorrow you'll probably enjoy it more, but won't hurt you if you do take it. Generally speaking a medium dose opioid + low dose opiate = fine

dkamp18 - Kratom can be addictive, however if your not taking high doses of extracts on a daily basis you'll more than likely not suffer any withdrawals, even after daily use for an extended period of time.  I usually take 4-20 grams (sometimes 2-3 doses at 4-8g each) of the regular leaf everyday for as long as a year, then I'll take a break for a month or two to let my tolerance go back down, and i've never had any withdrawals.  I also visit kratom specific forums and the general consenus is extracts = addiction; regular leaf = possibly a slight addiction, but with little to no withdrawals.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Yarry's Apprentice
 User Gallery

Re: Kratom + percocets [Re: Skryllz]
    #11348507 - 10/29/09 11:18 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

do you think they would ever try and make kratom illegal?

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Offlinedkamp18
The Real World

Re: Kratom + percocets [Re: Skryllz]
    #11348537 - 10/29/09 11:22 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Skryllz said:
OP - You'll be fine, 7 grams of kratom isn't that much, and neither is one percoset. 
however just like dkamp18 said you could always just save the percoset for tomorrow you'll probably enjoy it more, but won't hurt you if you do take it. Generally speaking a medium dose opioid + low dose opiate = fine

dkamp18 - Kratom can be addictive, however if your not taking high doses of extracts on a daily basis you'll more than likely not suffer any withdrawals, even after daily use for an extended period of time.  I usually take 4-20 grams (sometimes 2-3 doses at 4-8g each) of the regular leaf everyday for as long as a year, then I'll take a break for a month or two to let my tolerance go back down, and i've never had any withdrawals.  I also visit kratom specific forums and the general consenus is extracts = addiction; regular leaf = possibly a slight addiction, but with little to no withdrawals.

ya, i wasn't really worried about much withdrawals or anything to that effect. i was just stating in general to recognize that compulsion to take more when he could just save the perc for tomorrow and get more out of it.

that compulsive behavior is what leads to addictions in the long run, and it is recognizing it very early on that keeps it from taking over and getting out of hand.

hate to see another good life lost to the throws of opiate addiction.

OfflineSkryllz
Resident lurker
Re: Kratom + percocets [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #11348686 - 10/29/09 11:37 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

It's time may come, but it's really not that intoxicating.  Being that it's not a powerful drug that has kids taking videos of eachother freaking out on youtube, and people aren't dropping dead from overdoses, I just don't see too many people being concerned over it.  I think other drugs like the various RCs, especially the cannibinoids, will be what law makers will be trying to outlaw next.  It won't be until some ethnochemist comes up with a stronger, more intoxicating extract, that people take notice of it.  The DEA has had it on there chemicals of concern list for years, but they don't seem to intent on trying to get rid of it.  Also as the American culture slowly gets more accepting of recreational drug use I think we will see a reduction in law makers pushing bills trying to outlaw obscure substances, unless these substances are popular with teenagers or killing young people.

EDIT: WOOOO my 300th post! Only took me 7 years and 7 months to rack up this massive post count!

Edited by Skryllz (10/29/09 11:39 PM)

OfflineSkryllz
Resident lurker
Re: Kratom + percocets [Re: dkamp18]
    #11348729 - 10/29/09 11:42 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah I agree with you, I just wanted to state that kratom isn't that bad when it comes to addiction, but yeah if your chasing you kratom buzz with oxycodone things could get nasty.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub