Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Is the Modus Operandi of global social dynamics evolving at a fast pace?
    #11347827 - 10/29/09 09:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Or is this just another one of my delusions? :crazy2:
Is the Modus Operandi of global societal social dynamics evolving at a fast pace?
You may choose only one
Yes
No

Votes accepted from (10/29/09 09:52 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Edited by Poid (10/30/09 03:22 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

Re: Is the Modus Operandi of global societal social dynamics evolving at a fast pace? [Re: Poid]
    #11349899 - 10/30/09 03:34 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I say no - it's changing as fast as we as individuals are changing, which is really fucking slow, especially if you're talking norms or "modus operandi" as you put it, instead of just *tendancies*.

btw you should omit "societal" in your title; it sounds redundant.

Invisiblec0sm0nauttM
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY
Re: Is the Modus Operandi of global societal social dynamics evolving at a fast pace? [Re: fazdazzle]
    #11350209 - 10/30/09 07:36 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Can you put that question in laymen terms?

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is the Modus Operandi of global societal social dynamics evolving at a fast pace? [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11351965 - 10/30/09 03:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fazdazzle said:
I say no - it's changing as fast as we as individuals are changing, which is really fucking slow, especially if you're talking norms or "modus operandi" as you put it, instead of just *tendancies*.

So you agree with my premise that the modus operandi of global societal social dynamics is evolving, but you disagree that this is occurring at a fast pace?

Quote:

fazdazzle said:
btw you should omit "societal" in your title; it sounds redundant.

Will do, thanks! :mushroom2:

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:

Is the way that humans operate socially changing (i.e.- evolving) at a fast pace?

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Invisiblec0sm0nauttM
Male User Gallery

Re: Is the Modus Operandi of global societal social dynamics evolving at a fast pace? [Re: Poid]
    #11352388 - 10/30/09 04:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Poid said:

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:

Is the way that humans operate socially changing (i.e.- evolving) at a fast pace?

Most definitely - the internet is a prime example.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is the Modus Operandi of global societal social dynamics evolving at a fast pace? [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11352433 - 10/30/09 04:49 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Most definitely - the internet is a prime example.

Why is the internet a prime example, IYO?

I think it would be interesting to hear all M&Pers' ideas regarding what this evolutionary process will eventually turn out to be in, say 10-20 years...:egyptian:

Invisiblec0sm0nauttM
Male User Gallery

#11353187 - 10/30/09 06:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

How do you spend a significant portion of your day?

Networking potential. Imagine when everyone around the world all has a handheld PC. Now that's some crazy shit. Ideas will go viral instantaneously.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11353194 - 10/30/09 06:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
Networking potential. Imagine when everyone around the world all has a handheld PC. Now that's some crazy shit. Ideas will go viral instantaneously.

Yup. :thumbup:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Edited by Poid (11/13/09 07:29 PM)

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#11355440 - 10/31/09 02:32 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

One would be hard pressed to find an argument against the ever-so-quickly evolving modus operandi.

EDIT*

May I also add, Poid, that the chick in the "Jailbait" pic you have in your sig. has some terribly underdeveloped legs/hamstrings.  It just looks so off.  It upsets me.  I want to break her legs because of how weak they are.  That'll learn her to have underdeveloped hamstrings.

Edited by Ginseng1 (10/31/09 03:13 AM)

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is the Modus Operandi of global societal social dynamics evolving at a fast pace? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #11357043 - 10/31/09 01:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ginseng1 said:
One would be hard pressed to find an argument against the ever-so-quickly evolving modus operandi.

So you're saying it is unnecessary to develop a logically sound argument to back up the assertion that "the modus operandi of global social dynamics is evolving at a fast pace?

Quote:

Ginseng1 said:
May I also add, Poid, that the chick in the "Jailbait" pic you have in your sig. has some terribly underdeveloped legs/hamstrings.  It just looks so off.  It upsets me.  I want to break her legs because of how weak they are.  That'll learn her to have underdeveloped hamstrings.

Our sexuality may be a bit off-topic in this thread, but that jailbait chick is the one I'm personally most attracted to!

:jailbait:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Edited by Poid (11/13/09 07:28 PM)

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#11357419 - 10/31/09 02:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Man, that'd be like having sex with a cheese-string.  Or gumbo. 

Oh, and the need to develop an argument to support that assertion is only relative to what scene/field/peer group one is subject to.

Relative to my world it's a complete waste of time, for it is an absolute basic truth at this point and time.  Over all, it doesn't really matter because everything always changes at all kinds of paces.  Some slow, some fast.  Some are eternal.  Some day our Sun will explode.  And some day this universe will pass, and another universe born anew...  But I digress...

My opinion as to the relevance in supporting the assertion is moot.  However, relative to essay writing, then you better support that with some facts, right? I'm sure it wouldn't take much more than a couple of days to gather an over-whelming amount of supporting data.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (10/31/09 02:55 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism