Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprozak812
PeruvianEnthusiast?
Male

Loc: Flag
New Grower - Looking to see if I'm on the right track...
    #11347087 - 10/29/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Greetings Shroomery Extraordinaires,

This past weekend I birthed two of my cakes, dunked them for 12 hours, and moved them to a duel-chambered terrarium.  Below, I have the pictures of the two, but I'm not sure what I need to be looking for for the pinning.  I didn't roll them in dry vermiculite like I should have I just forgot.  The next two cakes will be ready to be birthed tonight--I'll remember to roll after I dunk those.  I just got a few questions;

1)  Do these look like they're gonna do something soon? 

2)  I feel like the humidity isn't quite where it needs to be-- I have a terrarium like the duel-chamber in the PF-Tek v2.  I spray it 3 times a day, but the humidity seems to stay in the side of the duel-chamber where the cakes are not.  What should I do?

3)  (Unrelated to the terrarium)  I have a food dehydrator-- but it also uses heat, not just a fan.  I have read that this type of dehydrator lowers the potency of the shrooms-- but by how much?  Are shrooms dried this way useless?  Or would I just need to eat more?  What if I just let the shrooms dry on the rack, without turning it on...  What do you guys think?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegkipz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Queens New york
Re: New Grower - Looking to see if I'm on the right track... [Re: prozak812]
    #11347204 - 10/29/09 06:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That s a fish tank right?
Do u have holes on the cover? u should,, and also fan
every time u spray

It looks like u need more F.A.E

Offlineprozak812
PeruvianEnthusiast?
Male

Re: New Grower - Looking to see if I'm on the right track... [Re: gkipz]
    #11347240 - 10/29/09 06:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yes,it is a fish tank. I do not have holes in the lid. And I am not sure what you mean to by FAE.  But I do fan it every time I spray it.

--------------------

Offlinegkipz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Queens New york
    #11347266 - 10/29/09 06:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

fresh air exchange  ,, yea u need some holes on top man

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
    #11347284 - 10/29/09 06:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

check out this video
watch the third one:thumbup:
http://www.mushroomvideos.com/

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Invisiblecyantific
Trusted Masturbator

Loc: Shakashuri Island
    #11347344 - 10/29/09 06:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

wheres youre humidity boost ? you got any perlite in there ?

also on the dehydrator , heat is never good for mushies in-growth or picked but i havent ever really lost a noticeable amount of potency with one ... and you could always disable the heating element ... that said though you could accomplish the same thing pointing a box fan down into a big box with the mush in the bottom and achieve the same results ... about 24 hours till dry maybe a bit longer

Offlineprozak812
PeruvianEnthusiast?
Male

Re: New Grower - Looking to see if I'm on the right track... [Re: cyantific]
    #11347405 - 10/29/09 06:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

no, I don't have any perlite in the chamber. I was under the impression that if you hand sprayed, you didn't need to use perlite also. Is it wise to do both? I'm sorry my responses are so delayed, but I am having some issues with my Internet connection. It seems to come and go.

--------------------

Offlineprozak812
PeruvianEnthusiast?
Male

Re: New Grower - Looking to see if I'm on the right track... [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #11347435 - 10/29/09 07:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have watched this video, but I was trying to go along with the things in the PF Tek. The problem is, there are so many ways to do the same thing, it is difficult to find one particular way. Or to find the best way. And since I have only done it one way, I'm having some problems trying to figure out which way is best.

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11347446 - 10/29/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yes you need to do both, rh level needs to be as high as possible. And FAE is the number 1 pinning trigger. If you dont have a plastic container to place them in use a 1 or 2 lt bottle.  poke alot of holes in it including the bottom, place an inch or 2 of perlite, then put in the cake. on top of a lid or foil ofcourse. make sure to cut the bottle in half so you will have better access to your mushrooms.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11347450 - 10/29/09 07:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

prozak812 said:
I have watched this video, but I was trying to go along with the things in the PF Tek. The problem is, there are so many ways to do the same thing, it is difficult to find one particular way. Or to find the best way. And since I have only done it one way, I'm having some problems trying to figure out which way is best.

he wants you to watch how RR made the shotgun FC. and the vid is about PF tek...

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offlineprozak812
PeruvianEnthusiast?
Male

Re: New Grower - Looking to see if I'm on the right track... [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11347501 - 10/29/09 07:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well, shit.  Is there not any way that I can use the fish tank that I already have? Is it okay to spray in the area that will be in contact directly with the cakes?  The Tek I read said that the mist from the spray would be too much for the mycelium cake.  I'm beginning to feel that my tek was bull shit.  If I remove the partition in my fish tank, put holes in my lid, and spray and fan regularly,  will this get the job done?

it seems that I am sure whom stupid, who is RR and what is the shotgun FC?

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11347524 - 10/29/09 07:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:facepalm:
looks like you didnt do enough research before you started...
seems all the teks you read are outdated. RR is the man who can do anything. go watch the vids to find out and check out my link for up to date teks and links  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385

PF TEK

part 1: http://www.iplayerhd.com/player/eddabfdc-97f8-4201-853a-1203531bb169.aspx
part 2: http://www.iplayerhd.com/player/7a69a26c-3274-462e-b2a7-0d010f2856d8.aspx
part 3: http://www.iplayerhd.com/player/4668b8fe-7c51-44cd-ac3d-1cb71528184f.aspx
part 4: http://www.iplayerhd.com/player/5ef65f4c-423c-41fe-9ae2-32e3236d6e96.aspx

--------------------

Offlineprozak812
PeruvianEnthusiast?
Male

#11347599 - 10/29/09 07:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

the problem is, I have read a lot of stuff and wasn't sure which stuff is outdated. I had read somewhere that most people don't use perlite anymore. I had read someplace else the dual chamber with the best route to go. And I also read that you could use the Tropic air humidifier air exchanger and that works just great too. Unfortunately, I'm really not sure which way is the best way to go I had watched all of the videos with the guy on YouTube from where the guy posted above, but I wasn't sure if that was the older wonder if that was the newer one. Dammit, I really just want to do shrooms. I'm almost ready to just cut the cake in half and eat the mycelium!

I have some perlite, and I have a plastic container that I can use. I just need a definite resource, a definite, reliable source of information that is consistent with itself. I came to the Shroomery to find the consistent reliable information-- but all I did was confuse myself a whole bunch, and find good information mixed with bad information mixed with outdated information.

If I go along with the videos that one person posted above, is this going to be the best way for me to get results?

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11347626 - 10/29/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

all the correct info you need is right there in my sig. Whoever said to not use perlite should be shot for being so stupid. yes sir. that tek has been proven to work time and time again.

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11347647 - 10/29/09 07:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

nothing will really suppliment fae, you will always need to mist your cakes and fan atleast 4 times a day. the more fae w/o loosing too much rh will give you best results. make sure to keep the temp under 75 degrees at that stage. anything over 83 will allow for contams to take ahold of your grow.

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11347657 - 10/29/09 07:29 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

prozak812 said:

I have some perlite, and I have a plastic container that I can use. I just need a definite resource, a definite, reliable source of information that is consistent with itself.
If I go along with the videos that one person posted above, is this going to be the best way for me to get results?

yes
watch the video again and follow it to a T
your cakes look good so far
give them the proper home and they will love you for it
http://www.mushroomvideos.com/
like i said before
watch the third video

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: New Grower - Looking to see if I'm on the right track... [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #11347687 - 10/29/09 07:33 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

o and they guy wearing the PINK shirt is RR(Roger Rabbit)

he grows on bibles, getting something usefull out of the pile of papers  for once...

--------------------

Offlineprozak812
PeruvianEnthusiast?
Male

#11347710 - 10/29/09 07:36 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

not to sound like a baby needing his hand held ( though, that's kind of what I am), if I go along with the videos that RR has on http://www.mushroomvideos.com/ will this be okay?  I found his videos early on, but I wasn't sure if these are what I needed to use.  If these will work, and are accepted as standard protocol, then I will alter or my current progress to fit this guy's instruction.

One thing though, he said to make sure that the cakes stayed in the jars for a week after colonization, but mine are just now fully colonized, and are kind of bruising themselves and are a little bluish in places.  Should I go ahead and birth them?

Again, I wanted to thank everyone for the help and advice.

I most likely won't be able to keep them at 75, ( is rh relative humidity?) my apartment stays between 65 and 70 most of the time.

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11347739 - 10/29/09 07:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yes he is the master at cultivation, anything he says to do you should listen...

if they are blueing then that means they are drying out.  waiting a week allows the mycl to take astrong hold and consume enough nutrients to produce nice healthy mushrroms. if they are bruising i would go ahead and Dunk & Roll. if you dont know what that means, its taking the cakes out of the jar, dunking them in water for 24 hours to re-dydrate them. then roll the cakes in vermiculite. place in fc and mist verm layer to help provide a moiture barrier around the cake to help it from drying out.

--------------------

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11347766 - 10/29/09 07:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

75 is the temperature of the air they will
be fruiting in
RH is how much moisture the air inside your
fruiting chamber is holding

if your cakes are already out of the jars you
have birthed them

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:

Citric said:

Thank you mycochef

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies