Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFleshCap
FleshCap
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali Underground Flag
U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD"
    #11341983 - 10/28/09 09:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

MSN NEWS U.K.

Government's chief drug adviser claimed LSD was less dangerous than alcohol.

The Government's chief drug adviser has sparked controversy by claiming ecstasy, LSD and cannabis are less dangerous than both alcohol and cigarettes.

Professor David Nutt, chairman of the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, attacked the decision to make cannabis a class B drug.He accused former home secretary Jacqui Smith, who reclassified the drug, of "distorting and devaluing" scientific research.

Prof Nutt said smoking cannabis created only a "relatively small risk" of psychotic illness. And he claimed advocates of moving ecstasy into class B from class A had "won the intellectual argument".

All drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, should be ranked by a "harm" index, he said, with alcohol coming fifth behind cocaine, heroin, barbiturates, and methadone.

Tobacco should rank ninth, ahead of cannabis, LSD and ecstasy.
Prof Nutt said: "No one is suggesting that drugs are not harmful. The critical question is one of scale and degree. We need a full and open discussion of the evidence and a mature debate about what the drug laws are for - and whether they are doing their job."

In a lecture and briefing paper for the Centre for Crime and Justice Studies at King's College, London, Prof Nutt attacked what he called the "artificial" separation of alcohol and tobacco from other, illegal, drugs. He also repeated his claim that the risks of taking ecstasy are no worse than riding a horse.

A Home Office spokesman said: "Prof Nutt's views are his own and do not reflect the views of Government. The Government is clear - we are determined to crack down on all illegal substances and minimise their harm to health and society as a whole."

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: FleshCap]
    #11342017 - 10/28/09 09:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:awebig:

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: learningtofly]
    #11342056 - 10/28/09 09:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

He also repeated his claim that the risks of taking ecstasy are no worse than riding a horse.

if I recall thats actually pretty dangerous

OfflineRevolutionine
number9..number9..num
Male

Loc: Everywhere
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: learningtofly]
    #11342060 - 10/28/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I wonder how long it will be before this is common knowledge. As long as alcohol is legal and LSD is illegal things won't change though

--------------------
All I ever wanted was to be free,

and in the end that's how it turned out to be...

InvisibleThat Cenex Guy
The Dark Defender
Male

Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: Revolutionine]
    #11342295 - 10/28/09 10:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I really like this guy :smile:

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: FleshCap]
    #11342653 - 10/28/09 11:16 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FleshCap said:
A Home Office spokesman said: "Prof Nutt's views are his own and do not reflect the views of Government. The Government is clear - we are determined to crack down on all illegal substances and minimise their harm to health and society as a whole."

:facepalm:

So close to progress... yet still so far.

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #11342714 - 10/28/09 11:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Prof Nutt, its pretty funny

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Invisiblebuddhabadger
Evil Overlord

Loc: The Forest
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #11342763 - 10/28/09 11:32 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

pwnasaurus said:
Quote:

FleshCap said:

:facepalm:

So close to progress... yet still so far.

Sad, isn't it? That the answer may have something to do with re-examining the legality of these substances never seems to occur to them, it's just easier to repeat that tired old mantra.

--------------------
- I don't abuse drugs; in fact, I think I treat them quite nicely. -

Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Loc: Land of the Ice and Snow Flag
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: buddhabadger]
    #11343161 - 10/29/09 01:06 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:rail2: > :faded:

:highfive:

--------------------
14:31

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: smack]
    #11343180 - 10/29/09 01:12 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

old news? I think I saw this a while back, I totally remember prof. nutt.

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #11343254 - 10/29/09 01:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

someone with at least half a neuron!

--------------------

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
Moon Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: Lucas89]
    #11344044 - 10/29/09 08:42 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I hate alcohol rock on LDS..

--------------------

OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: Polk_Audio3]
    #11344063 - 10/29/09 08:51 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PolkAudio2 said:

HELL YEAH I LOVE ME SOME LATTER DAY SAINTS BRAHHH :awesome:

--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #11344187 - 10/29/09 09:35 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

There are much more alcohol dependent in the world than cannabis... also it does much more harm.

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

OfflineHumility
Working on it
 User Gallery

Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: GetTheFuckOut]
    #11344265 - 10/29/09 09:55 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GTFO said:
Quote:

PolkAudio2 said:

:thumbup:

--------------------

Offlineshah
Alchemist

Loc: Goa, India
Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: "Alcohol More Dangerous than LSD" [Re: Humility]
    #11344767 - 10/29/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

a couple of jehovah witnesses stopped by house and gave me a couple hits of LDS. They then instructed to me to place them on my tongue and started to rant about how their god is far superior to the typical supplier of lysergic. I've never felt holier.

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11345866 - 10/29/09 02:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

This is unusual. Someone else is making sense! That's progress!

OfflineLucas89
lysergicmescalcybin
Male User Gallery

Loc: USSR
    #11346935 - 10/29/09 05:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

GTFO said:
Quote:

PolkAudio2 said:

LOL

--------------------

OfflineRovastar
Visualist....
Male User Gallery

Re: U.K. Chief Drug Adviser Claims: [Re: Lucas89]
    #11351428 - 10/30/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

The government have now sacked him for criticising their policies.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8334774.stm

"The UK's chief drugs adviser has been sacked by Home Secretary Alan Johnson after criticising government policies.
Professor David Nutt, head of the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, criticised the decision to reclassify cannabis to Class B from C.
He accused ministers of devaluing and distorting evidence and said drugs classification was being politicised.
The home secretary said he had "lost confidence" in his advice and asked him to step down."

Edited by Rovastar2 (10/30/09 12:09 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds