Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinethatonedude
The Dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Pacific Coast
Rh vs. Potency
    #11346676 - 10/29/09 07:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have shrooms that did not have enough humidity in later stages. They cracked and look ugly now. Is this going to effect my potency in the long run?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

Re: Rh vs. Potency [Re: thatonedude]
    #11346879 - 10/29/09 07:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Nope

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: Rh vs. Potency [Re: Nuzzle]
    #11347020 - 10/29/09 08:00 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nuzzle said:
Nope

:thumbup:

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

OfflinePfffffff
I am sofa king we todd ed

Loc: Somewhere that is fiction...
Re: Rh vs. Potency [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #11347060 - 10/29/09 08:05 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

WTF *does* affect potency?  It can't just be random. What triggers the magic?

--------------------
I am part of this community as a role playing
character.  All information is gathered on the
internet.  In no way, shape, or form is any of what
I say truthful or real life experience.  Any advice
given or received is purely for entertainment value
and not intended for any kind of illegal activity.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Rh vs. Potency [Re: Pfffffff]
    #11347086 - 10/29/09 08:08 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

nothing triggers it.. its an active chemical that is found naturally in the mushroom.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Rh vs. Potency [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11347095 - 10/29/09 08:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

potency should always be the same, but if you get nice healthy mushrooms you will have more weight.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

OfflinePfffffff
I am sofa king we todd ed

Loc: Somewhere that is fiction...
    #11347126 - 10/29/09 08:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Thc occurs naturally as well and there are numerous things that increase the content of it. Perhaps it's my ignorance but I would think it would be similar.  For instance the alleged randomness of B+ in potency.  Why would it vary?

--------------------
I am part of this community as a role playing
character.  All information is gathered on the
internet.  In no way, shape, or form is any of what
I say truthful or real life experience.  Any advice
given or received is purely for entertainment value
and not intended for any kind of illegal activity.

Offlinemushroommaan
Stranger
Male
    #11347177 - 10/29/09 08:22 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TacoHerder said:
nothing triggers it.. its an active chemical that is found naturally in the mushroom.

Quote:

TacoHerder said:
potency should always be the same, but if you get nice healthy mushrooms you will have more weight.

I disagree with both of these statements. Genetics effects the potency of each mushroom, the dna codes for proteins and since the dna of each substrain varies (and there can be multiple substrains within a single fruting body, unless working with an isolate) then the amount of psycoactive compounds will also vary. I have had different potency shrooms off of different flushed in the same monotub before.

--------------------
Welcome to mushroom land,
Home of the Mushroommaan,
Who lives on Shroomery way.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Rh vs. Potency [Re: mushroommaan]
    #11347196 - 10/29/09 08:25 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mushroommaan said:
Quote:

TacoHerder said:

Quote:

TacoHerder said:

I disagree with both of these statements. Genetics effects the potency of each mushroom, the dna codes for proteins and since the dna of each substrain varies (and there can be multiple substrains within a single fruting body, unless working with an isolate) then the amount of psycoactive compounds will also vary. I have had different potency shrooms off of different flushed in the same monotub before.

but nothing "triggered" the active chemical to form... It accured "naturally" as the mushroom formed.

--------------------

Offlinemushroommaan
Stranger
Male
    #11347257 - 10/29/09 08:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

sry i read wrong then i do agree with that, but it is not always the same

--------------------
Welcome to mushroom land,
Home of the Mushroommaan,
Who lives on Shroomery way.

OfflineFlorida
Soul Rebel

Loc: Florida
    #11347265 - 10/29/09 08:36 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TacoHerder said:
Quote:

mushroommaan said:
Quote:

TacoHerder said:

Quote:

TacoHerder said:

but nothing "triggered" the active chemical to form... It accured "naturally" as the mushroom formed.

What triggers shrooms to produce more psilocybin/psilocin than others

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Rh vs. Potency [Re: Florida]
    #11347294 - 10/29/09 08:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

genetics

--------------------

OfflineTLW
Stranger
Male

Loc: Why?
    #11347971 - 10/29/09 10:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

It seems to me that it is an easy way out to just say genetics. We can say that about everything. Genetics is almost always coupled with environment.

So if you can come with proof that genetics is the sole factor in active content in specimen, then great, but if not, then there is no reason to post just to post.

I myself, do not know.

--------------------
...Because pirates always win!

None of the pictures that are in my gallery, are mine. They were found using google image.

This is all fake.

OfflineBreakfast Crew
Cheerios
Male

Re: Rh vs. Potency [Re: TLW]
    #11348005 - 10/29/09 10:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

What allows us to be alive? Well, air and stuff like that. YOUR MISSING THE POINT. Proof is facts not vise-versa.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11348022 - 10/29/09 10:22 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

only genetics can determine how something is going to accur naturally. the enviroment plays a key part on the fruit body and mycl. genetics determine the chemical makeup, nothing else can determine that. thats why i say genetics determine how much of the active chemical will be available. all other factors determine how fast/strong the mycl will grow and how well your mushrooms grow.

--------------------

OfflineTLW
Stranger
Male

#11348081 - 10/29/09 10:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, but in that case lets take for example:

I have genetics that say i'm going to be really big and powerful.

but I'm from Ethiopia so I am consistently malnourished,

am I going to be really big and powerful just because my genetics say so?

I understand that you established that environment plays a role in growth and etc. but are you sure environment has no play on chemical make up? The foods that we eat determine what kind of chemicals and in what abundance are in our system.

I'm just saying without proof, you are just expecting people to take your word for truth.

Also, genetics say how much hormones a chicken will have, but farmers (environmental factor) can pump up a chicken with MORE hormones changing the amount of hormones in said chicken.

Quote:

TacoHerder said:
genetics determine the chemical makeup, nothing else can determine that. .

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Working on a B.S. in microbiology (doesn't mean much at all), I can tell you that it is a common misconception that genetics is the end all, be all. People give genetics too much credit for a lot of things, and it has been proven wrong over and over in even psychology in studies with separated twins, they try and determine the environmental impact on certain diseases.

--------------------

None of the pictures that are in my gallery, are mine. They were found using google image.

This is all fake.

Edited by TLW (10/29/09 10:44 PM)

Invisiblecyantific
Trusted Masturbator

Loc: Shakashuri Island
    #11348094 - 10/29/09 10:32 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm leaning towards about an 85 % genetic factor and a 7.5 environmental and 7.5 substrate/additives factors ( crackpot estimates through my own experience ) to put it in easier terms ...

say RR grows a tub against a normal ( not cruddy ) tub job by an amateur (same culture)... which tubs mushies do you think will be better ?

due to RRs expertise in environmental and chemical/sub/additive factor his grow would likely plateau out a bit higher than the comparative grow ... he would max out their potential ... if everyone grew like RR then all cubensis grows would max out on potential and these potency talks would likely become moot ...

but because of our varied skills we have varied potency's , not major ones , but noticeable yes ...

:2cents:

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

Re: Rh vs. Potency [Re: cyantific]
    #11348163 - 10/29/09 10:42 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

So your saying that RR has the most potent cubensis on the planet?? If that were the case then I'm sure there would be teks out there to reproduce his exact methods.

There is nothing special you can do to make my shrooms stronger then yours. You CAN make yours larger and bigger which would of course have more actives in it due to weight...

If you search you'll see that RR has shut people up numerous times about "grow affecting potency"

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

#11348194 - 10/29/09 10:47 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TLW said:
Ok, but in that case lets take for example:

I have genetics that say i'm going to be really big and powerful.

but I'm from Ethiopia so I am consistently malnourished,

am I going to be really big and powerful just because my genetics say so?

I understand that you established that environment plays a role in growth and etc. but are you sure environment has no play on chemical make up? The foods that we eat determine what kind of chemicals and in what abundance are in our system.

I'm just saying without proof, you are just expecting people to take your word for truth.

Also, genetics say how much hormones a chicken will have, but farmers (environmental factor) can pump up a chicken with MORE hormones changing the amount of hormones in said chicken.

Quote:

TacoHerder said:
genetics determine the chemical makeup, nothing else can determine that. .

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. Working on a B.S. in microbiology (doesn't mean much at all) it is a common misconception that genetics is the end all, be all.

did you even read my post? cause i clearly stated the enviroment will determine how strong/fast your grow will be...
like how you said having a poor diet will cause you to not achieve your full potential. Genetics determine the chemical makeup, but genetics cant help you achieve perfect conditions, thats the enviroments job...

let me try to say this clearly. even though genetics makes up what the shit is going to be, its still up to nature to give optimal conditions in order for mushrooms to live up. Its nature vs nuture. nature creates while nuture determines its path in the end...

--------------------

OfflineTLW
Stranger
Male

Re: Rh vs. Potency [Re: Nuzzle]
    #11348215 - 10/29/09 10:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

The truth is, RR isn't a geneticist, not even a mycologist(or at least from what I know, which is not very much). He is a very talented mushroom cultivator and definitely knows his stuff and has researched a lot about the field of mycology.

All I'm saying is, just because it is not apparent or easily encountered (it being potency of shrooms affected by environmental factors) doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If you have the time, look it up and research it, because nobody posting in this thread has, including myself.

Its a mistake to discredit an idea just because it isn't readily visible.

--------------------

This is all fake.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation