Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
Re: Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua announced [Re: MrSinister]
    #10564541 - 06/24/09 12:23 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If you read through my long ass ramblings or not it's fine

There's just one major point i want to get across....

Lyoto Machida has never fought a fighter with the accomplishments, success, skill level, or track record of Mauricio Rua.  If Rua comes in with conditioning, as he showed in his most recent fight, Machida will be encountering a specific set of skills that he has yet to face.

But I'm not taking anything away from Machida, as he's really had to run the gauntlet to win the title.  And obviously, he may be the very best fighter Shogun's ever faced.

It really is the best light heavy matchup i've seen in a long time.  And i was never impressed with the hype machine of the Couture-Liddell trilogy that tantilized all the nooby fans.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMrSinister
Uncle T
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outworld
Re: Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua announced [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #10565108 - 06/24/09 02:08 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think we  both agree Shogun is dangerous. I will not even try and say at his best he is not a great fight for Machida, and a true test.  It's getting to his best , without breathing out his mouth hard after the second round that makes me wonder about him.  And that's where i think we will differ on him  Maybe i am just seeing something different then you here.

As for some of the newer fans on TV I say fuck em. :rotfl:

--------------------

"They look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em. I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

"Eric Stratton.. Rush chairman.. Damn glad to meet you.."

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua announced [Re: MrSinister]
    #10565299 - 06/24/09 02:53 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i'm sorry if i sound condescending at times, i'm just used to arguing with a bunch of mindless MMA noobs who believe everything Joe Rogan tells them.

And i also realize i have a HUGE HUGE nutthugging for Shogun.  I realize this.

Just man....back in 2005....such a beautiful fight style i've never seen honestly.

It's the small things.  He's so fluid and dynamic. 

Examples being....how he dive-KOed overeem at Pride 33, how he transitioned from the back to a leglock on Liddell, his flying jump kicks against Arona, his brutal stomps and soccer kicks on Kanehara and Diabate....not to mention his beautiful gaurd-passing skills.  He made Arona's gaurd look like butter.

He has by far, the most beautiful, fluid, naturally flowing fight style i've ever seen.  Both him AND Machida are guys who are just purely natural fighters.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #10569045 - 06/25/09 03:39 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm somewhere in the middle of the elitist and the bandwagon point of views I'm seeing here.  I think Shogun will be the biggest challenge to Machida yet in the UFC.  I actually think this fight will be a huge let down of what it really *could* be, and will be more or less what everyone thought Rashad vs Machida would be (5 rounds of dancing)

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflineBeefWatson
Beefmaster

#10596058 - 06/30/09 02:41 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Machida, though its going to be a great fight.

Offlinejc_smith
Stranger

#10671258 - 07/13/09 07:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

can't wait to see this fight!!!!

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
Re: Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua announced [Re: Jadian]
    #11340590 - 10/28/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Jadian said:
I'm somewhere in the middle of the elitist and the bandwagon point of views I'm seeing here.  I think Shogun will be the biggest challenge to Machida yet in the UFC.  I actually think this fight will be a huge let down of what it really *could* be, and will be more or less what everyone thought Rashad vs Machida would be (5 rounds of dancing)

Well it's scary how accurate my predictions and your ramblings were... huh LS? :tongue:

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Lyoto Machida vs Mauricio Rua announced [Re: Jadian]
    #11340813 - 10/28/09 06:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

well we both see eye to eye.

I mean it's what happens whenever u have two guys who are really really at the pinnacle of their sport.

Honestly I thought the fight was fucking entertaining from beginning to end. 

It's more because a) I love Shogun  and  b) I am a martial arts purist when it comes to what i enjoy watching in this sport.

What was so great about this fight to me was all the mental games and human chess involved.  In fact these are the kinds of fights I love watching the MOST.

Fights like these remind me of Fedor-Nogueira I, Parisyan-Sanchez, Shogun-Rogerio, where to the casual eye it looks like a stalemate, but to the more trained viewers, the levels of strategy and mental attrition are profound.

I loved watching the contrast of styles in the cage, not only in their stances but the strikes and how they both put together combinations, counter strikes, footwork, etc.

Shogun's been one of my favorite fighters for a long time now, because he fights with no fear.  Not once did the pressure of the bout get to him, and not once was he close to being tentative or intimidated by Machida's standup.  While guys like Rich Franklin, Tito Ortiz, Thiago Silva, and Rashad were hesitant standing with him throughout their fights.

--------------------

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11345029 - 10/29/09 12:42 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Honestly I thought the fight was fucking entertaining from beginning to end.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom