Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Humidity Meter, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavik
New room, changed enviornment.. opinions wanted, and my thoughts
    #11345023 - 10/29/09 02:41 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Okay.. so, I have this spare room. It is attached to the belly of the house (downstairs, but the house did not originally have a down stairs, it was on stilts and this was later closed in.. no a/c). Since there is no a/c and its usually 90 outside, no one stays in there.

I was set up in my bedroom, 73 f at all times. its great, but family finds my 2 gh's and shelving a little "funny" when they visit. So, after deciding I am not going to mass produce oysters as planned, temps can get higher again. I grow outdoors at 90 plus with great results, so this new room at a steady 81.5 f should be of little difference..

Here's the set up:

The room is fresh wall paint and white tile, bleached, and sterile.. no traffic. Those are plus's.

The room itself is at a steady 81.5 as said.. the original RH was at 57%. My GH has many open ports, and with my humidification system running for 24 hours now.. the room has gotten to +/- 85% rh.

I know I just showed a digi humidity gauge, but that thing has always been within a few %'s of the analogs. So, I trust it for a general.

My GH after this 24 hours has settled at 95-98%.

As you can see, i have a dual head fan going. One side aimed at the roof, and one side aimed at the electrical.

The room gets cleaned and the door to it opened during the day.

So, that is the set up..

My questions..

1.) Is it dumb to use the still air box in there? given the high humidity and temps...

2.) Should the WBS spawn bags not incubate in there?

3.) Should my LC's that are growing come out?

When I went to take pics.. I found this:

That, I will be fixing.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebw86
Noob Slayer
Male

Loc: eL Ii eN. whY.
Re: New room, changed enviornment.. opinions wanted, and my thoughts [Re: Herbal_Elixer]
    #11345053 - 10/29/09 02:45 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Herbal_Elixer said:

My questions..

1.) Is it dumb to use the still air box in there? given the high humidity and temps...

1) ifyou dont have a flowhood use a stillair box
2) i wouldnt leave sealed spawn bags in the gh because its pointless
3) no one can know if your lcs will come out.

--------------------
Convert to Grains Pf tek killed Jesus
...................................................AMU feel free to :pm:Agar to grain/ g2g transfer=unlimited mushrooms:hypnotoad:

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Re: New room, changed enviornment.. opinions wanted, and my thoughts [Re: bw86]
    #11346144 - 10/29/09 05:43 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bw86 said:

1) ifyou dont have a flowhood use a stillair box
2) i wouldnt leave sealed spawn bags in the gh because its pointless
3) no one can know if your lcs will come out.

1.) right.. wasn't the question
2.) the GH is wide open and is nothing but a shelf right now.. wasn't the question
3.) right... wasn't the question

Now.. applying what my concerns stated in my original post.. about these thing being in a high heat/high humidity environment
... should they be in there? The reason I bring up each individual thing is because I am not sure if it would affect all of them or not. The more I can leave in there the better. It may not mean shit to any of them.. if no one knows.. cool.. if someone has experience in these particular conditions with these particular items, please let me know how it went.

--------------------

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: New room, changed enviornment.. opinions wanted, and my thoughts [Re: Herbal_Elixer]
    #11346205 - 10/29/09 05:53 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

That temperature is to high for fruiting if you ask me.  Sure, you can grow them outside in 90 degree weather, when mother nature is looking over them.  But indoors, this is not the case.  We want everything as clean and controlled as can be.

Incubation you wont have a single problem.  You're quart jars will fully colonize in a week.  However, when you start spawning / fruiting, you are exposing your substrate to open air.  Now this normally isn't a problem because we fruit in lower 70's.  However at those temps, bacteria is going to love you during fruiting.  Fruiting will take longer, which will give more time for baddies to set in.

If you can set up some sort of circulation where you can cool the air down to at least mid 70s, then you should be fine.  But fruiting 80+ worries me.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Re: New room, changed enviornment.. opinions wanted, and my thoughts [Re: Citric]
    #11346300 - 10/29/09 06:06 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

really..? lol.. so the opposite of what I was thinking is true.. thanks for the feedback!

I guess then.. I will go ahead and use it for the next few months.. the temp will be dropping into the 70's around fruiting time, just that time of year.. maybe I will just grow outdoors instead.. I don't know. I guess as long as I can work everything else in there, then it will be fine as a clean room. I'll fruit outdoors in the summer.. maybe do a few test runs in the mean time. I have oysters in there right now.. I'll see how they do in a week or so. I hear what your saying, the temp is just over the comfortable hump. My bedroom was perfect temps - Damn it! .. but they had to move.

Thanks again.

--------------------

InvisibleCitricM
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #11346536 - 10/29/09 06:46 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

You may still be able to get away with it, I know a lot of people that fruit higher then normal temps.  You just need to be more careful with being clean.  Those higher temps will stunt the grow a bit.

--------------------
Self Healing lid tek ** Update 10.17.17 **
Fast, easy, fool proof inoculation
Mini casing pictures: Pins to harvest
Cup O' Shrooms
Magash:  I noticed my contams were in the shape of fingers :whack:
Hyphae:  Yes  "Loss of moisture from the substrate"  is not a casing trigger.  :cuckoo:

My final Grow!

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Re: New room, changed enviornment.. opinions wanted, and my thoughts [Re: Citric]
    #11346696 - 10/29/09 07:08 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

cool

--------------------

Offlinebw86
Noob Slayer
Male

Loc: eL Ii eN. whY.
    #11346743 - 10/29/09 07:14 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Herbal_Elixer said:

My questions..

why ask that if all you want to know is, is 81 deegrees is to hot?

--------------------
Convert to Grains Pf tek killed Jesus
...................................................AMU feel free to :pm:Agar to grain/ g2g transfer=unlimited mushrooms:hypnotoad:

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Re: New room, changed enviornment.. opinions wanted, and my thoughts [Re: bw86]
    #11346779 - 10/29/09 07:21 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bw86 said:
Quote:

Herbal_Elixer said:

My questions..

why ask that if all you want to know is, is 81 deegrees is to hot?(and if the humidity is too high)

Quote:

Herbal_Elixer said:
The reason I bring up each individual thing is because I am not sure if it would affect all of them or not.

I also think we aren't viewing my questions the same way.. its all good.. thanks.

--------------------

Edited by Herbal_Elixer (10/29/09 07:22 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Humidity Meter, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation