Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineliquidpoop
novice shroomer
Male

Loc: uk
Edible Id request
    #11344781 - 10/29/09 01:52 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

out walkin the dogs went back to my original field where i found nadda the first 3 times besides a load of inactives. this time after finding some libs last week in another field, i found a handful of libs again (they just jump out at me now) but i also stumbled across a couple of intresting finds.

My thoughts are a white chantrelle but hey im no expert so please help to ID these

Habitat:
found in midlands uk in grass on a hill on a cow field growing with libs, pans and mycenas (SP??) excuse me if either of those dont grow in fields... im trying my best :smile:

Gills:
Gills are white, spaced apart, attached and they partially run down the stem

Stem:
again white, 5mm diameter, smooth texture, solid and quite chunky

Cap:
20 - 35mm, white turning creamish as dries, cap shape is like a wavy shield almost cloud like etc.

Spore print color:
white

Bruising:
dont know if turning a dark cream is a bruising some of the caps have gone a bit black (these will be thrown) and one or 2 of the caps have gone sort of funnel shaped.

Other information:
i would say these smell a little anise like a bit like fennel...

Now for what i think my find of the week
Is this a boleteus(sp?) mushroom it looks rather tasty only found 2 in the whole field and the other one was destroyed by bugs etc

Habitat:
found on the same hill side as the above

Gills:
a pale peach coloured gill , closely margined join the cap at the very top of the stem.

Stem:
54mm long, 15mm diameter, white when picked with a light brown skin present at the base to the middle (after picking the whole thing has gone light brown), texture is smooth but slightly bubbly on close inspection. skin easily peels to show creamy white flesh, solid stem very chunky

Cap:
30-35mm Diameter,brown with peelable skin, patches of white show underneath sort of wavy rough texture, conical shaped cap curved under to stem gills not visible untill seperated

Spore print color:
brown

smells just like a normal mushroom to me...

will update as soon as i get back from hospital spore prints should be done by then.... sorry still not got any prints from these little buggers.

thanks guys

Lp

--------------------
I saw it was and it wasnt, i thought i had but i hadnt. i felt i could... but i couldnt... holy shiii man these are f*kin strong, i think ill just sit here till its over!

Edited by liquidpoop (10/30/09 03:42 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheShroomanizer
Stranger-Danger

Loc: The Swamp
Re: Edible Id request [Re: liquidpoop]
    #11344809 - 10/29/09 01:58 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Your first one looks really cool. now im not gona attempt to ID it, but my first impression was Oysters growing out of the ground. But thats just what they remind me of. Probably not what they really are.

--------------------
Trading Prints

-Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could listen twice as much as we speak-

OfflineFahkface
Over-Fiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: In your Mind, Pedro! In y...
    #11344821 - 10/29/09 02:00 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

First one could be Camarophyllus virgineus

It looks like it, but since you want and ID on edibility I'd wouldn't count on it! Though Camarophyllus virgineus is edible...

Second one isn't a bolte, since it has gills!

Offlineliquidpoop
novice shroomer
Male

Re: Edible Id request [Re: Fahkface]
    #11346488 - 10/29/09 06:37 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

its funny you say oysters cause i found one of these and asked if it was an oyster but as i learned they only grow on trees but still got no ID.... the 2nd one is the one im most please with looks tasty... but... so do alot of the poisonous ones hehe...

anyway back to the drawing board.... think ill have a look round a book store on saturday after the morning mission with the mutts.

thanks anyway hopefully somebody will recognise one..OH forget to mention these were found in midlands uk..

Lp

--------------------
I saw it was and it wasnt, i thought i had but i hadnt. i felt i could... but i couldnt... holy shiii man these are f*kin strong, i think ill just sit here till its over!

Offlineliquidpoop
novice shroomer
Male

#11346633 - 10/29/09 06:58 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Camarophyllus virgineus looks a pretty good ID to me cant get any spores from these so i dont think ill be taking the risk. they do look alot like the white chantrelle and i think they are supposed to smell of aniseed(or is that the lookalike(ill read more)) its a damn shame to id like to cook up some of my finds eventually... i need to be looking for more obvious edible mushrooms i find liberty caps all over the place round here... but never anything obvious to me as edible

funny actually i saw a farmer chasin a load of youths out of his field earlier obviously picking shrooms.... to be fair there was a gang of lads who climbed over a barbed wire fence to look for em when there is millions of mushies in the fields which have stiles and allow public access, so there is no excuse for tresassing round here. little buggers keep clearing the whole field out tho... makes life a nightmare, always have the dogs with me so it never looks too dodgy when im scouting for hours tho

Any clues on mushroom number 2???

Lp

--------------------

Offlineshroomguyali
Pothead
Male

#11347391 - 10/29/09 08:54 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

Portobello

Offlineliquidpoop
novice shroomer
Male

Re: Edible Id request [Re: shroomguyali]
    #11352047 - 10/30/09 03:38 PM (8 years, 23 days ago)

wicked ive heard of that before aswell (only been shrooming for like 3 weeks) and that sounds familiar

Thank you BTW i didnt think id ever get an ID on that one but hey... im just impatient, looking at the recipies they look pretty tasty but i will double check just to be 100% unless you definatley sure
BTW spore prints came back finally, best thing is i know where they grow and im gonna go hunting!!!! .... if i can find anymore :frown:

1st mushroom is white spore (could have guessed really)

2nd is a rich brown colour spore

ive just had a look for some ID and descriptions and i cant find anything at all except recipies... you dont know the proper name for a portabello mushroom do you..?

THANKS

Lp

--------------------

Invisiblelandsnorkler

Loc: Montana
Trusted Identifier
    #11352158 - 10/30/09 03:59 PM (8 years, 22 days ago)

"Portabella" mushrooms are in the Agaricus genus.  That second one might be an Agaricus species, but you'll want to go grab some more mature specimens, and snap some more pics for a positive ID.  It's just not possible to accurately ID a small, immature mushroom in a blurry pic.

--------------------

Offlineshroomguyali
Pothead
Male

Re: Edible Id request [Re: landsnorkler]
    #11353283 - 10/30/09 07:02 PM (8 years, 22 days ago)

I was joking when I said that, Portobello mushrooms are like one of the most commonly cultivated mushrooms.

But that's crazy I was even close 0_o

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification