Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
To Keep or not to Keep the Philosophy, Sociology, & Psychology's forum Rule #5
    #11331525 - 10/27/09 12:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
5) Long-time forum regulars will generally get a littler more discretion from the moderators than noobs. This is in recognition of their many contributions to the nature and character of this forum, and the many times they've had to deal with the noob who shows up with a new, mind-blowing concept that's actually an old rag we've deconstructed here a hundred times over the years. If you're new here, keep that in mind. Stick around and become a regular yourself!

Do you want to leave PS&P's Rule #5 as it is?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (10/27/09 12:57 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To Keep or not to Keep the Philosophy, Sociology, & Psychology's forum Rule #5 [Re: Poid]
    #11332587 - 10/27/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Bump. :bump:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: To Keep or not to Keep the Philosophy, Sociology, & Psychology's forum Rule #5 [Re: Poid]
    #11332617 - 10/27/09 04:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure why it matters at all...

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To Keep or not to Keep the Philosophy, Sociology, & Psychology's forum Rule #5 [Re: andrewss]
    #11332679 - 10/27/09 04:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If that's the way you feel, then don't vote. :shrug:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #11343317 - 10/29/09 01:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The rule is bullshit and needs to be discarded.  Whatever good purpose it once served is over.  Now it's just a clever way for injustice to rule.  Whatever will happen know this: the dweebs will win.

Cheeseburger, over and outtie.

--------------------

Offlinedstark
Manifesting Minds
Male User Gallery

Re: To Keep or not to Keep the Philosophy, Sociology, & Psychology's forum Rule #5 [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11344314 - 10/29/09 10:08 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

What the changes that could be made to the rule?

--------------------
What is a mind, if not something to be messed with? What is consciousness, if not a state to be altered?

~I Feel
:mushroom2:
at Home~

Offlinelaserpig
Weedmaster_P

#11344717 - 10/29/09 11:37 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

WHY IS THERE NO STAL :crankey:

seriously this is a bad poll and a dumb question
that "rule" is barely even a rule -- it's basically just the formal recognition of a fact

because pretty much no matter what, more "net respect" will be paid to the older and more experienced PS&Pers than the newbies

this is A: a good thing, and B: totally unavoidable
unless you want to somehow enforce a lowered standard of respect for old members

--------------------
Weedmaster P knows the truth.

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Re: To Keep or not to Keep the Philosophy, Sociology, & Psychology's forum Rule #5 [Re: dstark]
    #11347448 - 10/29/09 07:02 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

dstark said:
What the changes that could be made to the rule?

Discretion equates to favoritism, or inequality and unfairness.  It's like rewriting the speed laws.  "If you've had a driver's license for over 25 years, you can go 20 miles over the speed limit without getting a ticket."  I'm sorry.  That's fucked up.  :thumbdown:

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: To Keep or not to Keep the Philosophy, Sociology, & Psychology's forum Rule #5 [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11347471 - 10/29/09 07:05 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So what's your stance? Would you like rule #5 to be repealed? :undecided:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

#11349150 - 10/29/09 10:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Obviously.  Why should someone get special privileges because they found the Shroomery first?

--------------------

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #11349240 - 10/29/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I like it. It could be watered down, though.

I think posters should prove their worth. :shrug:

What's so bad about that?

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder