Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshrooming4fun
mushroom eater
Loc: mitten
adding more casing?
    #1133683 - 12/11/02 08:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i just read that with peurto ricans you need a thicker casing layer, mine have not yet started pinning and i have a reletivly thin oone on my peurto ricans, can i add another 1/4-1/2 inch on top of what i have now, the top is already colonized and i have initiated pinning, but have not seen any action....yet.

--------------------
You thought you brought your best lines but they couldn't touch mine
I rocked you in your knot hope you have better luck next time

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: adding more casing? [Re: shrooming4fun]
    #1133695 - 12/11/02 08:34 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

if the top is completely colonized thats not a good thing :frown: overlay might become a problem but u can add more casing material if its completely colonized on top.  i'd prolly add more if that makes ya feel any better :/  how thick is substrate level and grains or brf?

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1133713 - 12/11/02 08:46 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If the casing layer is completely colonized, like socrates said, you may have overlay, but this is somewhat uncommon for cubensis, though not out of the question, especially with Peurto Ricans. If so, a deep scratch may be in order, followed by a thin re-casing. How long has it been in the fruiting chamber?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlineshrooming4fun
mushroom eater
Re: adding more casing? [Re: Skikid16]
    #1134348 - 12/12/02 04:46 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i guessi shouldnt say its COMPLETLY colonized, i guess what i meant by that is i figured it was colonized enough to iniate pinnig, there is a good amount of rhizmorphic growth throughout the top layer, but its no completly colonized, i would say its evenly colonized and there are small patches all over where the colonization is just under the dirt, its about 60% or so of mycelium that has breached the casing layer and is spread out evenly, as for the other 40 % of my top layer it has mycleium just under the top.....the substrait layer is probably around 1/4 inch, maybe a little more, and one of the casing layers is 1/4 inch the other is closer to 1/2 inch. this is my first time growing so i really dont know the proper process for pinning, and what to look for.

thanks for the help

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1134462 - 12/12/02 05:20 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yikes, first time and you're growing out PR, brave man.  :grin:  Well usually when growing PR, it is recommended puting them in the fruiting chamber earlier than other strains.  If you do not get pins within a 1 1/2 to 2 weeks, you may want to scratch and recase.  Good Luck.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
    #1134478 - 12/12/02 05:26 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

it takes 14 days after initiate pinning for my friends dog to see pins with PR.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Re: adding more casing? [Re: socratesmind]
    #1134494 - 12/12/02 05:32 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I was going on the assumption that it has been in there for a while, my bad, I'm sorry.    :smirk:

Shrooming4fun, HOW long has it beein in the fruitng chamber?  When you ask a question, it is necessary for you to give all the information relevant to the question.      :wink:

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlineshrooming4fun
mushroom eater
    #1134524 - 12/12/02 05:41 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

about 4 days ago i took it out of the incubator, threw on some saran wrap, and stuck it in my closet, its not in a chamber, just in the case itself, and the light in my closet makes the heat at about 73 inside the saran wrap, because of the greenhouse effect. i am aslo groing equadors, and tried to start some pesa, but the spore syrnig was bad casue lal the pesa contaminated.

--------------------

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

#1134543 - 12/12/02 05:47 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Well if you don't see pins in 10-14 days, then think about scratching. But until then, to keep up proper humidity, if you are using seran wrap, you may need to mist your casing every so often.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order