Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

Gaming pet peeve ! proobs
    #11342702 - 10/28/09 11:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok for the last time I can not stand proobs. They piss me the fuck off.

Im sure someone will share the same view as me.

Urban dictionary - proob added by mwah because i needed a way to describe the phenomenon.

Stems from the word pro + noob = proob.

1. The state in which an individual feels he is an expert at a certain skill or craft, but in all reality he is inefficiant and lacking in any sort of skill.

2. A person who feels he is all knowing or knowledgable when it comes to video games, or a person who feels that he is the god of gaming info and eliteness yet the lack any history/origin of the game or gaming in general.

3. Someone who is unexcepting of a particular genre or artwork of a video game.
eg. A friend who plays warcraft 3 all the time yet when you ask. "Hey wanna play defense of the ages?" They respond with what the heck is that!

Or someone who sees a game that implements the use of experience, and says "Oh that game is copying WoW." Yet the game is 10 years before the release World of warcaft.

"Check out this new game I got its an rpg."
"Fallout 3?"
"Does it have multiplayer?"
"Um no its a single player rpg."
"What! this is garbage!"
"Why?"
"Because single player sucks."
"... your a proob."

"The graphics look like crap im not playing that!"
"What ever proob."

Yes now just recently I had some kid tell me borderlands is quote "gay" because it looks like call of duty. "rambling about iron rails"

WTF!:mad2: K first off im tired of this crap man. It makes me tired when people just dont know anything. If your not a proob you'd know the game is not made with the same game engine.. UNREAL 3 engine. So hows it looks like COD. And if im not mistaken.. Shader model 2 vs. 3. But not sure.

But come on COD didnt invent aiming down a site. Nor does that makes all games which have this feature make it look like COD. This aggravates me as a gamer guys..!

Anyone else experience proob like activity? Iv even had someone tell me once because they saw a cel shaded game it was a WOW clone(copying blizzard)?!:mad2:

I just walk away and say fuck you!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemyco_mikey_mo
Mycologist For Hire
Male User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: Enthrall]
    #11342753 - 10/28/09 11:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i like it. proob. gonna have to use it in my vocabulary everyday now:smile:

--------------------
-Give a man some mushies, He'll trip for a day...Teach a man to cultivate, He'll trip for a lifetime-
:thumbup:Self healing Tyvek and Silcone lids for Trade... PM :pm: me:thumbup:
:syringe:Looking for anybody with extra spawn bags for trade... PM:pm: me:syringe:

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #11343049 - 10/29/09 12:33 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

lol, I would suggest taking video games a little less seriously. If someone disagrees with your taste, just let it go. games: they're are supposed to be fun.

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: lukeboots]
    #11343088 - 10/29/09 12:43 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yes but I cant stand when someones being stupid. Just me. I take it seriously. Im a gamer therefore i have no life. If you knew someone who compared every game to WoW saying the gameplay and graphics is just like it. Anyone would go crazy.

" If someone disagrees with your taste, just let it go."

Taste IDK iv had people tell me WoW and diablo are the same game. Simply because of loot.

And for the mud players out there. "Believing that blizzard invented the mmo."

I dont think thats taste but just straight up stupidity. And if someone who has played WoW for 8 years tells me that and still believes there a hardcore gamer.  :facepalm:

--------------------

Edited by Enthrall (10/29/09 12:45 AM)

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery

#11343109 - 10/29/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

haha, well if those are the kind of things you just can't let go (and by that I mean just walk away from these people, knowing they're wrong), then so be it.

It's kinda funny to me that being a "hardcore gamer" is a concern of anyone at all, but whatever floats your boat.

BTW, blizzard invented the MMO. FACT! :wink:

--------------------

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#11343133 - 10/29/09 12:57 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

lukeboots said:
haha, well if those are the kind of things you just can't let go (and by that I mean just walk away from these people, knowing they're wrong), then so be it.

It's kinda funny to me that being a "hardcore gamer" is a concern of anyone at all, but whatever floats your boat.

BTW, blizzard invented the MMO. FACT! :wink:

I no longer acknowledge these people btw. I wouldnt call myself hardcore. Just a veteran I guess.

Something to think about if someone thought you could smoke mushrooms to get high or believed government propaganda about MJ being a gateway drug.

What would you or any body else on this forum think? Or do? Would you correct them? Or are they just to stupid to understand? This is my situation.

--------------------

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery

#11343149 - 10/29/09 01:02 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

People are free to have any dumb ideas they want, and if they won't listen to calm reason at first, let them do what they want. I wouldn't stop someone from smoking their mushrooms, but I would hope they'd pay attention to facts first.

I see what you're saying, but unless harm will come to either you or them because of what they believe (like the case with marijuana propaganda leading to jailed innocents), there is no reason to get upset. I'm glad to hear that you don't pay these people any mind, I just wanted you to think about the silliness of getting worked up over things like this. I understand its serious business to some people. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineEnthrall
Mr ?
 User Gallery

#11343172 - 10/29/09 01:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Lol I had a great laugh. Whats really funny is that recently I stoped correcting people on this kind of stuff is that I know someone who, no matter how much evidence i provide to prove there facts are wrong they refuse the truth still. So alrighty then. I let them believe that WoW has better graphics then Call of duty 4.:lol:

Im not one to bring up the subject but I might say something like "Im going to go play XX ttyl." And they start with the "That game sucks because of the graphics, clone of some other game which it is clearly not,etc.

Lets just say I know some annoying douche bags. I typically end the conversation right there stating. "Ill talk to you next week." Each time. They never learn. I dont care If you think diablo is a clone of pokemon or whatever magical thing you have to make up. So it = sux.(well I do if you never stfu about it)

Someone has to know someone like this?

--------------------

Edited by Enthrall (10/29/09 01:14 AM)

InvisibleFleadh
Eh No....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
    #11343430 - 10/29/09 03:17 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

TBH I prefer Proobs to Elitists (LOL completly at 'veteran') who take gaming WAY to seriously.

Its a game and TBH if you take it super seriously then its YOU who have the issues and not the guys who just play it for fun, talk up their shit and dont really care who invented ironsights in FPS's.

--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang

I just dont really care what you think

OfflineWilde Beast
Stranger

#11347084 - 10/29/09 06:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Rage quitting hosts.

Invisibleshroom360
Freak of Nature
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Sound
Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: Wilde Beast]
    #11347437 - 10/29/09 07:00 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I hate geeks on cod 4, with their high pitched voices talking shit like they're tough.  Some of the shit they say is so stupid, here are some of my favs...  "get turned on" "BK random" "30 year old virgin in your moms basement" "whats your GB rank?" "I fucked your mom" "get on my level" "get scraped [or] get beasted on" "got turtle beach?" "im sponsored" "you're bad" "nub" "really kid?" "1v1 me then" etc...

I'm sure anyone who plays a FPS online hears this shit all the time.  It's kinda funny at first, but it gets old real quick because these little nerds are serious...

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: shroom360]
    #11347484 - 10/29/09 07:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i hate people who play fighters and talk shit as if theyre good, as they repeat the same power move 8 times in a row.

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #11348481 - 10/29/09 09:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Olympus Mons said:
i hate people who play fighters and talk shit as if theyre good, as they repeat the same power move 8 times in a row.

Ha are you one of those guys who call 'spamming' on people. I get that all the time in SF4, 'hey man you suck you just spam fireballs' :facepalm: Jesus christ its just a fireball learn to get around or through them.

And in fact if I see that some move works all the time because the other person refuses to block it or thinks they can beat it then Ill do it all day :shrug:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: shroom360]
    #11350052 - 10/30/09 03:05 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

shroom360 said:
I hate geeks on cod 4, with their high pitched voices talking shit like they're tough.  Some of the shit they say is so stupid, here are some of my favs...  "get turned on" "BK random" "30 year old virgin in your moms basement" "whats your GB rank?" "I fucked your mom" "get on my level" "get scraped [or] get beasted on" "got turtle beach?" "im sponsored" "you're bad" "nub" "really kid?" "1v1 me then" etc...

I'm sure anyone who plays a FPS online hears this shit all the time.  It's kinda funny at first, but it gets old real quick because these little nerds are serious...

No because I don't use (or even have access to anymore) a mic and I run music through my stereo when I'm playing games. Why the fuck would I want to listen to any of that shit??

--------------------
!

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: Chespirito]
    #11350312 - 10/30/09 06:58 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Chespirito said:
Quote:

Olympus Mons said:

Ha are you one of those guys who call 'spamming' on people. I get that all the time in SF4, 'hey man you suck you just spam fireballs' :facepalm: Jesus christ its just a fireball learn to get around or through them.

And in fact if I see that some move works all the time because the other person refuses to block it or thinks they can beat it then Ill do it all day :shrug:

well that's pretty lame considering the plethora of moves each character has. I just dont understand why people bother playing games if youre not gonna learn how to play it properly.

--------------------

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
    #11350386 - 10/30/09 07:32 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Enthrall said:
Lets just say I know some annoying douche bags.

Pretty much :shrug:

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11351111 - 10/30/09 11:00 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That is learning how to play it properly. Fireballs are a huge aspect of the game, its known as zoning, keeping the opponent away from you. Hell If Im playing as Balrog or Rufus who dont have fireballs I never get butthurt by saying some shit about fireballs.  I know how to get around them and frankly its easy as hell

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11352110 - 10/30/09 01:49 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

repeating the same move over and over is not learning the game. it's learning one move, and doing it over and over. a chimp could do that.

--------------------

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11359220 - 10/31/09 06:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So then block it and punish me for doing it :shrug: 

Thats what I never understand about people like you.  'Oh you're just doing that jumping kick thing all the time you suck'  Whereas I'm like 'Man just learn how to punish that move and Ill stop doing it'  There are answers to all moves in fighting games, generally the only people that complain about spamming moves are people who dont know the game so they get frustrated.  I personally enjoy frustrating people, oh well

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11361164 - 11/01/09 06:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

you dont get people like me who play fighting games to have good matches? well i dont understand people like you who pay 60 bucks for a game just so they can do the same move over and over, or at least get your money's worth and explore other moves. No one like to sit there and block someones bullshit attacks over and over, it sucks the fun out of it. enjoying frustrating people is pretty lame, as well. it doesnt surprise me that you would do some stupid shit like that.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies