Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: Ascending Lotus]
    #11377050 - 11/03/09 01:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

your mother

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Loc: ∞
Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: Chespirito]
    #11377698 - 11/03/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Chespirito said:
Ive never seen it argued otherwise, the Tekken guys will tell you they just like the play mechanics of Tekken. I can see you are just trolling though, so good job I usually dont fall for it

im not trolling at all, youre just slow. tekken is a 3d fighter, it has an entire dimension on streetfighter. that's how i know youre not worth talking to about this subject.

--------------------
I close my eyes and seize it
I clench my fists and beat it
I light my torch and burn it
I am the beast I worship....

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: Olympus Mons]
    #11378954 - 11/03/09 06:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Haha thats your argument?  Jesus man.  Why do you think that the main competition fighter right now is SF4?  Maybe they dont realize that they are 'Teh M1ss1ng out on the 3rd d1m3nsion!'  Nobody plays Tekken worth a damn

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11379093 - 11/03/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

that's the biggest lie ive heard in a while.
http://www.arcadeboss.com/arcade-thread2352.html

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=193576

as i said before you have no clue what youre saying

--------------------

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11380124 - 11/03/09 09:11 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I play SF4 in competitions, Id destroy you at that game or Blazblue :shrug: 

Your post is misleading for a number of reasons.  The first is that the posts reference Japanese data and not US data. 

The second is that SF4 machines are not all over the US because of their extreme cost.  They cost between 20-30k and Capcom wants you to buy multiple machines.  That was when they came out, maybe theyve come down in price Im not certain.  Tekken on the other hand costs 10-20k for the normal unit depending on options, less even if you want.

Tekken hasn't been out for very long but already most people I know think its only OK.  Theres been arcades in the US that have had Tekken for a long time now though, and its just not garnered that much attention.  Hell I went to the Tekken 6 launch party man and even there most people in the fighting game community weren't that impressed.  The game has a number of faults though its not as blatant as the previous games.  However theres still a randomness to it so if you get hit because of the random nature of the game have fun enjoying being juggled for the next many seconds and your health bar gone. 

The competition scene in the US is dominated by SF4, hell many people still play Third Strike and even SF2.  I dont know what they do in Japan (dont really care), however in the US go to local fighting game competitions, SF4 is the big match.

http://evo2k.com/

And in general a lot of competitions are played on home console machines.  People bring their own sticks, or the tournament provides you with sticks, but generally people don't play on the arcade machines that much.  Like I said the reason is the money

Edited by Chespirito (11/03/09 10:03 PM)

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11380167 - 11/03/09 09:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Its just such a clunky game.  Heres Tekken: Get hit->Juggled->knocked down->hit while on ground->wakeup hopefully do something->repeat.  Ill admit its not the travesty that was the last few Tekken games, they did improve it a lot.  That said I enjoyed Tekken Tag for many a hour. 

Also the online play in the new Tekken is pretty bad, Blazblue has by far the best online play with SF4 well behind it but ahead of Tekken

Edited by Chespirito (11/03/09 09:30 PM)

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11381862 - 11/04/09 06:16 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Chespirito said:
I play SF4 in competitions, Id destroy you at that game or Blazblue :shrug: 

Your post is misleading for a number of reasons.  The first is that the posts reference Japanese data and not US data. 

The second is that SF4 machines are not all over the US because of their extreme cost.  They cost between 20-30k and Capcom wants you to buy multiple machines.  That was when they came out, maybe theyve come down in price Im not certain.  Tekken on the other hand costs 10-20k for the normal unit depending on options, less even if you want.

Tekken hasn't been out for very long but already most people I know think its only OK.  Theres been arcades in the US that have had Tekken for a long time now though, and its just not garnered that much attention.  Hell I went to the Tekken 6 launch party man and even there most people in the fighting game community weren't that impressed.  The game has a number of faults though its not as blatant as the previous games.  However theres still a randomness to it so if you get hit because of the random nature of the game have fun enjoying being juggled for the next many seconds and your health bar gone. 

The competition scene in the US is dominated by SF4, hell many people still play Third Strike and even SF2.  I dont know what they do in Japan (dont really care), however in the US go to local fighting game competitions, SF4 is the big match.

http://evo2k.com/

And in general a lot of competitions are played on home console machines.  People bring their own sticks, or the tournament provides you with sticks, but generally people don't play on the arcade machines that much.  Like I said the reason is the money

dude youre so full of shit, you know nothing about competition gaming clearly, the us market is bullshit for for fighting games, japan and korea are hands down the best tournament players on earth, regardless of the game. Youre making claims that are really more of your opinion than fact. you said that it was the main competition game, which is complete horse shit, even if you had specified that you were only talking about the us, it's still bullshit. good job providing me with one link to a site that specializes in streetfighter tournaments, nowhere on that site does it state that it's the "main" competition fighter. You have no proof of how much attention tekken gets in arcades, b/c it's your opinion and not fact. when's the last time you went to an arcade? i assure you no one is playing that stupid ass streetfighter game, that btw isnt event that good! How do you make a fourth installment of a game that isnt better than any of the ones who came out in the 90's. The general consensus that ive gotten from people that played the new sf is that it was garbage and not worth purchasing. Also i love to play you in blazblue, you complain about combos?i'd destroy you. i'd probably destroy your noob ass in sf4 also, b/c you suck and have no idea what youre talking about when it comes to fighting games. america is not the hub for the fighting genre, but im glad you feel like you know what the fighting community likes and dislikes :lol: also you suck at fighters, im not sure if i told you that already.

--------------------

Offlinexeallos
Sore wa himitsudesu!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Woods of a Thousand Y...
    #11382066 - 11/04/09 07:44 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like you both need to boot up Blaz and throw the fuck down or :stfu:

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: xeallos]
    #11382282 - 11/04/09 08:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

seriously. i almost wish i had streetfighter bore so i could embarrass him.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ohio Flag
    #11382975 - 11/04/09 11:13 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Gamers are hilarious.
The biggest egomaniacs in the world.

--------------------
!

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11383478 - 11/04/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ha I live in LA, we have several arcades here with SF which are packed every night.  Do you have an Xbox?  I'm uncomfortable giving you my main username on xbox, so maybe Ill create a new one or something, or see if I can find someone around here with an xbox (I recently moved).  I also need to rent the game from a store as my brother has it currently.  As for SF4, you would have no chance of winning against me.  There are plenty of youtube videos of me playing in local LA tournamets, however there is no chance I will tell you which those are.  Im not a national player by any means, however I do OK in the LA tournaments though Ive never won.  LA has a few of the top players in the country so the talent here is far beyond the number of hours Im willing to put into the game

And I know that the Japanese are fiends in their tournaments, thats fine I never debated that.  I merely said I could care less what they do in Japan :shrug:  Diago came out from Japan for Evo last time and narrowly beat Justin Wong of the US.  I think Diago is better, but hes not that much better.  Anyways Im not interested in arguing US vs other countries bullshit.

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11383486 - 11/04/09 12:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Olympus Mons said:
seriously. i almost wish i had streetfighter bore so i could embarrass him.

Ah man I might buy you a copy of Street Fighter just so I can enjoy the satisfaction of beating you with only Dan

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Gaming pet peeve ! proobs [Re: jewunit]
    #11383530 - 11/04/09 12:26 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
Gamers are hilarious.
The biggest egomaniacs in the world.

Ahh yea I agree, I try and not get sucked into this kind of bullshit.  Trolls are hard to fight off sometimes.  How about this, if this cat is ever in the LA area he can give me a holler and we can go to an arcade to play SF4 and Blazblue.  I live in SD currently though but I could drive up or Ill be back this Winter.  However he sounds like an angry person, but eh if he promises to play nice Id be down

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11383613 - 11/04/09 12:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeah im such a troll. and lol@xbox gtfo of here with that trash. and this has nothing to do with ego, it has everything to do with you claiming things that arent true. i knew i shouldve stopped talking to you when i said i was going to. anyway have fun being repetitive, or skillful as you call it. btw im not an angry person at all, i just have a strong dislike for noobs.

--------------------

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11383635 - 11/04/09 12:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have SF on PS3, we could play that.  See I lived with my brother for a period of time, he had an Xbox and i had a ps3.  So we own two copies of SF4, and one of Blazblue and we kind of share the systems.  Not a very functional system at the moment though.

Where do you live?  Ill play you SF4 in LA any time man.  Hell I might head down there today

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11383655 - 11/04/09 12:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

yeah meet me there :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11383669 - 11/04/09 12:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

And to get back to the original topic, here is Justin Wong arguably the best SF4, SF3, and Marvel vs Capcom player in the US on the subject of spamming fireballs.

"Simon Question
2. When i play online it feels as though i use LP Hadoken too much and im too hasty using the LP Shoryuken to catch an aerial opponent to combo into the Ultra. I know that Ryu’s whole style of gameplay basically revolves around the Hadoken since it barely has any recovery time at all, but in the same sense it feels as though i abuse it. Is there a such thing as using the Hadoken too much?

JWonggg Answer
No. Ryu fireballs are meant to be abused.  He was always a character that was meant to throw fireballs."
http://jwonggg.com/Index.php?paged=2

My main point in arguing with you is that if you have a move, do it if it fucking works.  notice that medium kick for some reason works all the time?  Fucking do it all day until the other pussy stops losing to it.  I am sick of this pussy playing in fighting games, 'oh well lordy lordy I do think Isa done the fireball enough, dont want to make ma'sa angry'.

You are dead wrong on this point, just watch any tournament video of any fighting game

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11383673 - 11/04/09 12:45 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Olympus Mons said:
yeah meet me there :rolleyes:

Alright so I can assume either you dont live near LA or dont want to meet me in general?

InvisibleOlympus Mons
esprit de l'univers

#11383728 - 11/04/09 12:53 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Chespirito said:
And to get back to the original topic, here is Justin Wong arguably the best SF4, SF3, and Marvel vs Capcom player in the US on the subject of spamming fireballs.

"Simon Question
2. When i play online it feels as though i use LP Hadoken too much and im too hasty using the LP Shoryuken to catch an aerial opponent to combo into the Ultra. I know that Ryu�s whole style of gameplay basically revolves around the Hadoken since it barely has any recovery time at all, but in the same sense it feels as though i abuse it. Is there a such thing as using the Hadoken too much?

JWonggg Answer
No. Ryu fireballs are meant to be abused.  He was always a character that was meant to throw fireballs."
http://jwonggg.com/Index.php?paged=2

My main point in arguing with you is that if you have a move, do it if it fucking works.  notice that medium kick for some reason works all the time?  Fucking do it all day until the other pussy stops losing to it.  I am sick of this pussy playing in fighting games, 'oh well lordy lordy I do think Isa done the fireball enough, dont want to make ma'sa angry'.

You are dead wrong on this point, just watch any tournament video of any fighting game

how is something meant to be abused? that dude sounds as dumb as you. if this were the original streetfighter that would make sense, but theres a reason they add additional moves to the set list over the years. B/c the original moves list didnt have enough depth. for example, in the new tekken the majority of the characters have 80+ moves and some nearly 200. If fireballs were meant to be abused there wouldnt be many other commands aside from that. and no, i live in georgia. it's cool everyone is entitled to play however they want, but that doesnt make them good players, it means they have the ability to manipulate the flaws in whatever game it is. i wouldnt consider that playing the game as it was intended to be played.

--------------------

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11383752 - 11/04/09 12:57 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

In SF4 characters have 5-10 special moves.  Ryu has fireball, shoryuken, and his spinning kick thing as his special moves.  The point is that if the other character is far away, you can either a.) move towards him which makes you vulnerable b.) stay there and fireball the motherfucker until he gets over.  Then once hes in a non-safe range stop fireballing.  Thats it.  Ill fireball you all day if you want to for some reason stay far from me.  Well if you get SF4 let me know, Ill teach you some things. And I dont mean that in a sarcastic way, Ill show you the ropes unless you still feel you can beat me :rofl2: 

Also I might get the new Tekken at some point as I cant control myself when near a new fighting game.  If that happens Ill train a bit then hit you up (though the online mode is real bad)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals