Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCuriousDude88
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Holy Liquid Culture Batman
    #11335898 - 10/28/09 12:07 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So I have two half pint jars with about 250 ml of water/ 3% karo corn syrup mix....I inoculated one jar with 2cc's of Penis Envy spores and the other with 2cc's of cambodian spores...Its been a week or two now and although there are little strands of mycelium, i've failed to see a really really developed culture.  The jar resembles a snow globe when I shake it around but thats about it.

Can I still swirl the cultures up and make syringes out of them for use?  I've spent awhile waiting on these and this is my first attempt at liquid culture so I don't have much experience on this.

Also the jars are fairly clear, possibly due to using the light karo corn syrup but then again i'm a noob at this, anyone with experience wanna enlighten me with some knowledge?  I appreciate this

--------------------
Anything I say is creatively and totally fictional.  :laugh: :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNsomnia
Stranger

Re: Holy Liquid Culture Batman [Re: CuriousDude88]
    #11335939 - 10/28/09 12:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry to threar hijack but will a light malt extract or carmaized sugars make the mycellium look brown/yellow? I have the same snowglobe symdrome after 1.5 weeks but i used lme and its a light bornw color growth and lightbrown liquid.

Invisiblecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11335947 - 10/28/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I would give it more time. :shrug:

I know with karo it sticks to whatever I used to measure it with, so that lessens the amount, and you went with 3% which is probably ok, but 4% is the norm I think.

shake the jars daily, just be careful of it leaking out of the lid if you are using the plastic lids, or an upside down metal one.

--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

OfflinePsychedelicious
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: Holy Liquid Culture Batman [Re: Nsomnia]
    #11335952 - 10/28/09 12:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

To OP:

Your solution will look lighter than a honey LC due to the nature of the additive. However, it sounds about right - mine also took a while, but I'm starting to believe that batch of spores from the vendor I used was just a weak/slow germinating/colonizing bunch of the same strain. However, stick with it. You'll start to see it take off and if you don't agitate it often, it will form puff-balls of mycellium colonies, drifting about.

Broken up it should resemble a snow globe as you said. Let it thicken more until it becomes a lazy cloud of strands and whisps.

It should lighten up more as it continues to consume nutrients from the solution.

--------------------
<metatron> i dont think the surface area of a mushroom is quite ideal to administer psychoactive compounds anally

OfflineCuriousDude88
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Holy Liquid Culture Batman [Re: Psychedelicious]
    #11335981 - 10/28/09 12:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the tips you guys...i'm definitely seeing the puffballs of mycelium in the two jars.  I agitate them several times a day when I get the chance.  My only fault is I didn't put an agitator like a marble or glass in the jar before sterilizing. 

Can I make syringes and use them now?  Or do I need to let more mycelium develop?  Does the amount of mycelium make the difference in how fast a jar inoculated with LC colonizes?

--------------------
Anything I say is creatively and totally fictional.  :laugh: :mushroom2:

OfflineNsomnia
Stranger

#11409389 - 11/08/09 03:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes more mycellium means more growth points. Use at any time though.

Offlinemarkmckaytnt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11409455 - 11/08/09 04:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I found that after about a week of incubation that the LC starts turning to a yellowish tinge. No need to shake jars. Just take sterile syringe, suck up solution, squeeze back into jar. do this a few times then suck up solution and inoculate jars. Ive noticed that this solution sticks to side of jar a lot better and within 7 days you have about 80 percent colonisation. Works so quick that contams cant get a foothold. store excess solution in refridgerator for at most a month. hope this helps

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules