Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTellmemore
Mushroomhead
Male
Loc: PGH <PA>
My Shotgun tubs, what is the deal?
    #11334826 - 10/27/09 09:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Pics of the 3 shotgun terrariums i have going.

- All patched at 30-40% myc breakthrough of top layer, then put into fc.
- 50/50+ without oyster shells is the casing mix
- Used 1 teaspoon lime for every cup peat, 2 teaspoon gypsum for same.
- I use the lids to fan for approx 1 minute then i mist and put lid back on, this is done in the morning (b4 school) and at night (b4 bed usually) sometimes i do it 3 times a day.
- approx 2 inches of damp perlite in bottom of fc
- They have been in the fc for approx 7-9 days, (lost track)
-the smaller containers are clear, so i wrapped in al foil, half have no bottom casing layer, half do. approx 2 1/2 to 3 inch of sub, and 1/2" to 3/4" top casing layer. The ones that have a bottom casing layer its about 1/2"

Thats the first shotgun terrarium, both pietins are with birdseed spawn, done with 9er tek LC, of B+

And a close up of the further developed pie tin...

Thats the smaller containers, this pic is of the second shotgun terrarium as well *to not confuse* half without bottom casing layer, half with.
- also as you can barely see, there is another pie tin, its just not as developed so i didnt take a pic of it.

Thats the 3rd tarrarium, the small casings, the one on the left i just recently put in there.. The rest have been in there about a week..
-also there is yet another pie tin on the other side of the fc out of camera view.

Basically i just want to be refreshed in the knowledge I'm not screwing up i guess.. it just always seems like i am, like somethings going wrong.

I did birdseed one other time, like 6 months ago when i first started, the grain stuck like a rock in a hardplace, and didnt fully colonize.
-That however DIDNT stop me from scraping out the colonized part and casing, and that casing yielded like 1 oz, from the pie tin.. i wish i was good at this lol...

--------------------
HAPPY LIVING < TELL ME MORE >

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefeelfunny
I am you
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: South
Re: My Shotgun tubs, what is the deal? [Re: Tellmemore]
    #11334843 - 10/27/09 09:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

looks good just give it more time i have a APE tub now that is on day 15 the agar i used to inocultae with has pins but the tub dosent.

--------------------
IF A CAT AND DOG CAN GET ALONG WHY CANT EVERYONE ELSE?
If the sky is falling, don't look up!  :abduction:

Feel Family Founder. :pm: me if you are tired of hearing, "Use the search function".

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

#11334852 - 10/27/09 09:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well clearly your trays are sitting on the perlite which is preventing your rH from getting where it needs to be. You need to raise up the trays off the perlite as high as possible.

I never had success using trays in my shotgun. I got so annoyed with it, I gave up and bought a greenhouse and put it in my closet. Have had zero probs since.

3 trays in the shotgun seems a bit too much.

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

OfflineTellmemore
Mushroomhead
Male
Loc: PGH <PA>
    #11334879 - 10/27/09 09:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

From what ive read so far

- The casing layer itself provides a good humiditiy level, plus the addition of the perlite should put it up in the 90's, however i would LOVE to get a greenhouse man...

- i have a nice filterless cool mist humidifier, just sitting there doing nothing...
-I dont know about your guys's walmarts, mine doesnt carry the plastic closets.. ill get it tho man for sure id like to, the tubs are messy, perlite is messy, its a hassle to mist and fan and mist and fan.. im a busy guy u know?

- i had tubs like that, which worked, with WAY less holes, im talkin like 15 holes around the TOP of the container, with perlite stuffed in them, and the trays covered the bottom surface of the plastic rubbermaid, and they frutied magnificiently, but i had them on the floor, which made them 1 flush wonders, consistently...
-I have all tubs on a plastic table, with half pint jars on all 4 sides of each, keeping the bottom of rubbermaids elevated from ground.

--------------------
HAPPY LIVING < TELL ME MORE >

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

#11334896 - 10/27/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well my friend... I got my greenhouse on eGay for like 19.99 and that included shipping. :wink:

Search ebay and you'll be amazed. It comes right to your door in less then a week!!! I put a drip tray under the greenhouse with perlite in it to grab extra moisture that drops from the coolmist and redistribute back to the gh.

All i was giving was my opinion on the trays in a shotgun. I had nothing but success with cakes. Once I started putting trays in, I had nothing but problems. I attributed the problems to the rH.

Just my 2 cents! :smile:

PM me if you want links for the setup I got. :wink:

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: My Shotgun tubs, what is the deal? [Re: Nuzzle]
    #11335373 - 10/27/09 10:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Give it more time.  The casing layer is only partially colonized.  You are correct.  The substrate will provide humidity just as the perlite does.  You replace that by misting.  Make sure you're giving them plenty of very bright light.  A few minutes per day of direct sunlight will often kick even the most stubborn mycelium into fruiting.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11335490 - 10/27/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

2" of perlite seems pretty thin.  I noticed a difference in RH% when I went from 4" to about 5.5"

--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale