Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHexum311
SmartNewb

Loc: NOYFB (new state)
EQ mycelim look different ?
    #1133513 - 12/11/02 08:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I am still a newb to the mycology biz, was wondering if anyone has had experience growing Equador strain. I have grown PF and Hawaiin, and their mycelium appeared similar (with slight noticeable differences) but the Equador cakes I just innoculated are looking noticeably different from the PF or Hawaiin. I really dont think its contam.. anyone know wtf is going on? as of right now I am just assuming that its a species difference. the rhizos appear to be a lot smaller than eother PF or Hawaiin strain, and slightly more off white. hmm. If anyone has any input, i would appreciate it! thanks a ton,
-Rhino

--------------------
"The shade is a tool, a device, a saviors seceret try... and look up to the sky..... but my eyes burn"
-Chino Moreno, the Deftones
peace
-Hex

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: EQ mycelim look different ? [Re: Hexum311]
    #1133521 - 12/11/02 08:19 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

they are all the same species, just different strains. i find some might grow at a different rate but they all look the same to me

--------------------

Offlinehsalf
bad O lover
Loc: not from around here
    #1133545 - 12/11/02 08:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

how are they "looking" exactly? Can you describe or post a pic? No "off-white" on my friend's eqs. Nice strong white color. Sure you ain't lookin at cobweb?

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1133554 - 12/11/02 08:36 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Did you do anything differently with your substrate recipe this time? The off-white color you're talking about sounds like it's due to a bit extra moisture.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Offlineshrooming4fun
mushroom eater
Loc: mitten
Re: EQ mycelim look different ? [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1133613 - 12/11/02 09:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

the only diffrence i ever noticed was pr, which have way more rhizos when casing and such

--------------------
You thought you brought your best lines but they couldn't touch mine
I rocked you in your knot hope you have better luck next time

OfflineHexum311
SmartNewb

Loc: NOYFB (new state)
    #1134200 - 12/12/02 05:48 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Nah its not cobweb, I have seen that before... I have a feeling it was some bad spores. This is my second batch that I innoculated, Both producing the same results. This time I went 100% to make sure that I eliminated all contam vectors. Used a pressure cooker, glove box gallons of lysol and alcohol, flamed the needle after every jar, wiped the needle with alcohol after every hole, you name it I did it. it serioulsy looks as if the syringe I ordered was just mold, not even mushroom spores. The stuff that is growing in there isnt emiiting a strong stench yet... I looked at it again this morning. It almost looks like tiny tiny rhizo's, about 1/10 the size of normal ones, and they are nearly the color of the substrate. They also seem to be growing in a circular pattern. Every jar is like this. Now I admit I am not perfect, so one or two jars being infected would be perfectly normal. But all 6 ? I used a pressure cooker, more than 45 minutes at 15 psi you cant mess with :smile:. So I dunno... Im baffled as usual :smile: while I'm at it... my friend owns a horse. Anyone know any good dung/hay recipes ? :P
-Rhino 

--------------------
"The shade is a tool, a device, a saviors seceret try... and look up to the sky..... but my eyes burn"
-Chino Moreno, the Deftones
peace
-Hex

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation