Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Balloons, Coir, Cracker, Gypsum, Nitrous Oxide, Scales, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLitCloset
hypochondriac
 User Gallery

what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween?
    #11334790 - 10/27/09 11:03 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

quick question that has a whole range of answers that can be right....

my girlfriend may do mushrooms with me on haloween. ive dnne my share of everything and truly anything. meawhile she has never tried a cigarette, weed etc. but she does like to get drunk and has tried suboxone. shes not a big fan of haloween but thats when we willll take them. most likley earlier in the day not at night. not sure if the weather will be good or not.

what dose should i give her? im thinking about a gram dry (10 grams fresh this time) but im not sure. i dont want her to eat too little and never have interest in them again, but i also dont want to have to put her under.

i have lots of alcohol which she loves. i have suboxone which she hates the taste of. may have ambien in time but im not sure. then theres the methadone. what would be best to give her (knowingly) if she starts to have a bad trip? suboxone usually makes her very happy. i worry alcohol could make it worst. oh yes i will have nitrous of course.

any one want to chime in? i dont want her to be miserable and i dont want to ruin it for me. give me some ideas.

thanks

btw fresh mushrooms, mostly likley eaten whole and downed with some oj.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCDClock
Stranger

Re: what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween? [Re: LitCloset]
    #11334805 - 10/27/09 11:06 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

How strong are the mushrooms? How strong of an experience does SHE want? Has she done any reading into the effects of mushrooms (trip levels, etc)

You should be asking her these questions first.

OfflineMcDude
Omerta
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Riding the spiral
    #11334832 - 10/27/09 11:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Start with the gram,give it alittle time. Then let her eat some more if that isn't enough. Why the daytime though? Yuk

--------------------

For cultivation troubleshooting/advice visit us here

As below so above I imagine. Drawn outside the lines of reason. Push the envelope, Watch it bend!

OfflineEdgeChaos
Still a stranger

#11334867 - 10/27/09 11:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Fist time with my girl was very similar to your situation. It was her first mind altering experience. We both dosed a gram and we spent the day in the park. She had a bumpy trip some up and downs but mostly it was good.

I would recommend the ambien if she starts to become terrified. A benzo like xanax would be preferable but ambien would be a good second choice.

P.S. daytime is the shit

OfflineOzzy_shroomer
Mystery Machine
Male User Gallery

Loc: Summer All Year
Re: what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween? [Re: McDude]
    #11334876 - 10/27/09 11:16 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

man every one is different but I'd say 2g's should dip the toes in but not to much

--------------------

OfflineDbb5
Male

Re: what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween? [Re: Ozzy_shroomer]
    #11334895 - 10/27/09 11:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

have sum trees with you. i kno she doesnt smoke but smokin can save a trip

OfflineMcDude
Omerta
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Riding the spiral
Re: what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween? [Re: EdgeChaos]
    #11334921 - 10/27/09 11:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I feel like I don't trip near as hard during the day. Everyone is different aye. About 7grams in me right now. I love the dark.

--------------------

For cultivation troubleshooting/advice visit us here

As below so above I imagine. Drawn outside the lines of reason. Push the envelope, Watch it bend!

OfflineSS32
Stranger

Loc: elsewhere
Re: what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween? [Re: Dbb5]
    #11334933 - 10/27/09 11:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Dbb5 said:
have sum trees with you. i kno she doesnt smoke but smokin can save a trip

Or ruin it.  If she doesn't smoke, she could get really paranoid and that might be the worst thing possible.

1g sounds good.  It's always easier to start small and add more than start out with too much and regret it.

--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

OfflineLitCloset
hypochondriac
 User Gallery

Re: what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween? [Re: Dbb5]
    #11334962 - 10/27/09 11:32 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

heh unfortuanetley when i moved from california i pretty much gave up herb as well as asssociating with other users. its too dangerous here.

i like the idea of day time because it feels safer. and it is. less chance of being hit by a car getting lost seeing demons etc, at least in my experience.

as far as what she wants. she wants crazy visuals i know it. she doesnt really understand the many other effects though ive tried to explain. so i want visuals to happen but i definetley dont want her to have a number 3. really she trust me so much that she has pretty much told me give me what you think is right.

i havent tried this "batch" yet. they are oak ridge frown on coir,verm,coffee,gypsum "cakes". i put leftover from a mono tub in a cup untill it started to fruit. they are still growing but of the good 7 that are there they are all at least a inch tall.

i dont have a scale, lost it recentley so im going to eyeball then use my home made scale (its suprisingly accurate) to see if the two numbers are close enough. heh. im going to dose first then give her some after i come up, incase they are very strong.

thanks again. love tripping on haloween

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #11335399 - 10/28/09 12:38 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

how is smoking weed too dangerous in california?

--------------------

OfflineLitCloset
hypochondriac
 User Gallery

Re: what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween? [Re: learningtofly]
    #11335999 - 10/28/09 02:33 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

"unfortuanetley  when i moved from california i pretty much gave up herb" -me

i left ca where i had a medical card etc. this state doesnt even allow medical marijuana and i got in trouble for something that was my roommates not even mine already since ive been here. major buzzz kill if i do say so...

well i just had a little talk with her. she wants to have a giddy care free trip... she didnt want to hear me lecture. so im going to involve alcohol or suboxone in it for both of us. hopefully that will help assuming there isnt too much alcohol.

Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
    #11336279 - 10/28/09 04:33 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:shake:
i don't like it man. first off i would definitely have her try mary first. if she doesn't want to smoke then cook it.
second, well you do what you think is best but i would not be mixing other drugs (other than weed) and especially not alcohol. just me though.
and as for dose i'd go with ~2 grams dried, although i would be very hesitant if you don't personally know roughly what the potency is.

i know when i have had others trip for the first time i gave them 2 and most were complaining that they didn't do enough.
on the other hand one of the most intense experiences i have had was from just over 2 grams. thats why i mentioned potency.

i guess i feel like if shes going to be drinking anyway its kind of a waste to have her try mushies for the first time

just my 2 cents though.
good luck in whatever you end up doing.

--------------------
My words, too, are only an echo; but there is no reason why I should not repeat what I have heard.                    :zombie5:
-Socrates                                                                Let the rabbits wear glasses!
:gd_icon::trippycow::gd_icon:

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween? [Re: zombi]
    #11336367 - 10/28/09 05:20 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Haloween? 1g.

Try marijuana first? It doesn't have much in common, and I find it easier to get paranoia from weed than from shrooms.

Here is my suggestion though, fuck gram weights.
Eat a shroom, wait, see how it feels.
Like it? Overwhelmed? Liking the overwhelming feeling? Would like more of it? Eat a shroom, wait, see how it feels, and repeat every 45 mins till you feel like you don't want to get higher anymore.

This way it comes on slow, and it is easier to let go once the first effects have come on, and thus where you would first have freaked out at level 3, now you can handle level 4-5. That is how I got to eat 7g on my first dose and LOVED it. It is the way to go, and as you get more familiar you can shorten the amount of time between doses, till you can confidently take the whole dose at once and sort of know what you are in for (you never really know, do you...)

I say shrooms are a perfect first psychedelic. Weed did nothing to prepare me for shrooms, in fact, it made me completely misunderstand them till I took them...

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween? [Re: The Centre]
    #11336414 - 10/28/09 05:42 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

^good advice

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Invisibletrip forever
Stranger

Re: what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween? [Re: CDClock]
    #11336474 - 10/28/09 06:25 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I would say weed. I think it's pretty dumb for a first-timer to do shrooms on Halloween.

--------------------

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

#11336779 - 10/28/09 09:42 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Why? IMHO it gives him room for an excuse if she gets a bad trip and blames it on him. He can just say: "I kinda had a funny feeling about doing it on Halloween, but I shrugged it off as paranoia... Maybe you should try it again on a different day, as long as it isn't friday the 13th or something..."

Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

Loc: 0high0 Flag
    #11336957 - 10/28/09 10:43 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

better undershoot then overshoot dosage IMO cause too much could totally ruin your Halloween especially if she's totally sober.  Keep some ambien and alcohol aside in case things get rough.  Alcohol especially on the comedown will comfort her if shes having a hard time.  and ambien will calm her down a shit ton.

id dose her at like between 1.2 and 1.5 grams.

edit: I just reread and realized you said she dosent like Halloween too much...with this you want to be careful she dosent get scared id stay in a comfortable place.  Like i.e. dont bring her to a horror house.  If you go outside it shouldnt be too bad if your in the suburbs itll just be a bunch of little kids running around.

--------------------

Edited by mockingbird (10/28/09 10:47 AM)

OfflineLitCloset
hypochondriac
 User Gallery

Re: what dose for first time, drug free, girl on haloween? [Re: mockingbird]
    #11338279 - 10/28/09 02:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

thanks for the input again!

i like the idea of eating more and more as she feels like it. the only worry i have is, proabl based on a myth.

ive always been told you should dose all at once with shroom or if you dose twice to do it in under an hour. something about them being weaker if dosed ontop of anoteer dose or something like that? ill look into it, it sounds lik bs, but at the same tim ei know tolerance exhist.

we will trip during the day so that haloween isnt a problem for her. the afterglow will be there at night and maybe she will actually learn to like my favorite holiday :smile:

ive never mixed anything with shrooms except my beloved opiates (use everdya, hard not to mix :wink:). so do you guys feel that alcohol takes away from the shroom experience a lot? i was hoping it would be good at lowering anxiety and such as long as you dont get drunk. but i really dont know.

OfflineSeeker_22
LysergicStormtrooper
Male

#11338469 - 10/28/09 03:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

2.5 grams. :yesnod:

--------------------
"Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain.  Fire."

Offlineswitchy85
Man, somethin ain't right here.
Male

#11338506 - 10/28/09 03:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

There's been some good advice in here, so here's my 2 cents. I would actually keep the alcohol around, and maybe have her get a little buzz before dosing. Now I say this with the assumption that she is a happy drunk; if she isn't then don't let her have ANY alcohol. I have a friend who drinks as his DOC, but trips, rolls, etc with us all the time. When he is having a bad trip one of the best things for him is beer or vodka. It tends to relax him and, most importantly, puts him in a place where he knows all the rules (if you catch my drift). If alcohol is her DOC then keep it around in case the shrooms are too overwhelming. Trust me, you can drink almost every psychedelic away (except for acid IME).
As for dosage I would seriously just stick to 1 gram and see how she feels. The first time you don't want to over-stimulate her or she may never want to do them again. She is used to very dulling drugs (alcohol) and over-stimulation can cause problems if never experienced before. Also, suboxone would possibly be the worst option to kill her trip with; try and get at least one ambien for her. I'm prescribed it (only way I've been able t sleep in years) and usually give 5mg to my wife after a trip so she can go to sleep easier and calm down from all the excitement.
Good luck and I hope she has a good time. Shrooming with your girl is one of the best trips ever.

--------------------
Penguins are so cool... laid back and relaxed.
Really, when was the last time you seen a mad penguin?

Free Stuff Thread

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Balloons, Coir, Cracker, Gypsum, Nitrous Oxide, Scales, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience