Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHumbled
Local Budtender
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Caespitosa Wrinklage- Pics [Re: ferrel_human]
    #11349548 - 10/29/09 11:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have seen that in one of my Bridgessi this summer's end. I brought it back inside next to a Flourescent strip and it bounced right back to normal.

The Peyote seemed to love it outside.

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
Re: Caespitosa Wrinklage- Pics [Re: Humbled]
    #11349676 - 10/30/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Just found this.  Hope it helps.

http://www.peyoteway.org/cultivation.php

Quote:

Shriveling

A common mistake novice growers make is placing the Peyote plant in a sunny Southern window. In overcast South Texas, Peyote is found growing under leafy scrub trees like Mesquite and Cat Claw. Peyote plants may shrivel if the sunlight is too intense. Peyote behaves more like a succulent than a cactus and enjoys the same lighting as Aloe Vera. Each growing environment is different and these factors need to be considered. For example, Peyote grows naturally at sea level, but at four thousand feet, we can grow Peyote in Arizona in the shelter of a greenhouse to protect from frost and under a shade covering because of our bright cloudless sky. Examine your light sources and observe whether there are long periods of bright sunshine that may cause the plants to shrivel or turn brown, or place some shade cloth over the window and see if your plants sigh in relief.

Peyote plants seem shriveled and look thirsty, but have been getting plenty of water. The problem may be soil-bound fungus, or root rot. This occurs when Peyote is getting too much water or the soil is too packed. This is a common and disturbing problem. Check the roots of the plant and if there is a whitish substance on the root, your plant has got it. Wash the roots thoroughly and let them dry in a shady, dry place. Let the plants air for several days before replanting in a dry sand and pumice mix. Don't water for at least one week. When you do begin watering again, use a water sprayer or a misting system to water only the surface of the plant. Recovery may take months, during which time you do not want to drench the soil. Light misting is plenty. When watering commences, water thoroughly as with any other household plant so that water is seen draining out the bottom and set aside for a week or so to completely dry out.

--------------------

OfflineHumbled
Local Budtender
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Caespitosa Wrinklage- Pics [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #11349767 - 10/30/09 12:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That sounds a lot like what my caesposita is going through. Looks like I have some nursing to do....

Thanks for that Mr. Mushrooms. Those are great tips.

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds