Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleChiefGreenLeaf
Loc: Earth, C1-30
Plant Medicine: Iboga
    #11334293 - 10/27/09 09:59 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

ya know guys I haven't been in here much over the past couple of months, but this last week I'd decided to pop in and see whats up. this forum is defiantly where I traffic most.

One thing that caught my eye and I found to be a bit off is the number of new threads relating to opiate addictions. now Ive never personally been hooked on opiates, just smoked opium twice or thrice with friends. I DO know however just from reading and whatnot that opiate addiction is EXTREMELY hard to get over.

probably because of the role opioid receptors play in our cognitive functioning. Sex, food, exercise, meditation, all of these increase our endogenous opioids, but what happens when we get too much? well the receptors start to get fried and become less plentiful in the brain. this keeps people from enjoying the above mentioned activities (and many more).

so this started as a reply, but I thought I would make a thread as to get more viewers, maybe reach more people

the whole point of the thread is beating opioid addiction with.......

iboga
iboga
iboga

this plant is magical
Ive read a lot about it and from what I understand it works in two ways (although whose to say that they aren't one in the same)

ok so it works by....

1) chemicals in the plant bind to opioid receptors and regulate their activity. so we don't get too much or too little, just the right amount. i could get into all the names but what good does that do an addict. this interaction with the opioid system is how serious addicts manage to quit virtually withdrawal free

2) iboga is a psychedelic. u will trip hard. probably harder then you've ever tripped in your life and this isn't all shits and giggles. from what Ive read, the experience goes something like this....
dose
after awhile one enters into a trance like state
this state intensifies to the point you must lay down
you then leave your body and start dreaming
the dreams are usually scenes from your life
for addicts the plant spirit would make them relive the agony their addiction has caused
the addict will experience the scenario from another persons view, say his mother or father
this bringing back of awareness to traumatic memories causes a huge emotional release
the addict feels terrible for what he has done
when he comes out of the trip
he feels remorse
He doesn't want to do H anymore

Here are some links about each aspect
chemical/pharmological
Spiritual (this link is really the most important I think)

I would like to wrap this up by saying that IMO, iboga is a spiritual healer. Any kind of addiction, denial, pathology of consciousness is brought into plain sight during the trip and this forces people to deal with their demons, face to face. It is a blend of pharmacology and a yet undiscovered spiritual quality of the trip that make iboga so gosh darn effective.

BTW
this is not a party drug and no it won't cure everything. the only cure for all that ails you is you.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being