Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecassidy416
Stranger
Shrooms While on prescribed medications?
    #11333256 - 10/27/09 05:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A few of my friends are planning on doing mushrooms this weekend at her house. I have never done them before, or any psychedelic in that matter. But I wanted to know if being on 200mgs of Lamictal and 60mg of Vyvanse will have an effect on the trip, Or should I just not take them for a few days?

Im prescribed the Lamictal for Bipolar Disorder, and the Vyvanse is for ADHD.

If you have any insight or experiences please tell me, because I have wanted to try tripping, and I figured mushrooms would probably be the best to start with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecassidy416
Stranger
Re: Shrooms While on prescribed medications? [Re: cassidy416]
    #11333376 - 10/27/09 06:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Any body?

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

#11333417 - 10/27/09 06:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeh i do.  I don't know about lamictal.  What kind of drug is it? 
If it is an MAOI I think the two could be a dangerous combo.

As far as vayvanse... I would definitely avvoid shrooming while it is active in your brain.  I have done that before and it is overstimulating and make your trip uncomfortable IMO.

--------------------
Solar Layering METHOD!!!
TO INFINITY AND BEYOND

OfflineWyomyco
Wanderer
Male

Loc: Rocky Mountain Region
    #11333426 - 10/27/09 06:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

First of all i wouldn't suggest goin off your meds. Also mushrooms have less affect when mixed with an SSRI. Now I'm not sure if those meds are an SSRI, but it just sounds like a bad idea to me.

You might want to wait till someone with more experience with these meds chimes in.

Just my two cents.

Offlinemataylor
Traveler

Loc: my/your mind
    #11333467 - 10/27/09 06:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

taking any psychedelic with bipolar disorder is always a large risk.  that may be more important than what prescriptions you are on. i apologize i have no first hand experience with the disorder but i know personally. My friend with bipolar disordered, however, went to the hospital on her first mushroom experience. In general though, always be cautious of drugs when mixing any drug with prescriptions such as MAOI's and anti-depressants.

--------------------
Dont take my demons away, my angels may flee too.

fuck it dude, lets go bowling.

Edited by mataylor (10/27/09 06:11 PM)

Offlinecassidy416
Stranger
Re: Shrooms While on prescribed medications? [Re: Supreme Slammage]
    #11333523 - 10/27/09 06:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's not an MAOI or and SSRI.
It's a mood stabilizer or used for convulsions.
In some cases its used for epilepsy but in mine its bi-polar.

OfflinenewshOne
searching
Loc: Hawaii Flag
Re: Shrooms While on prescribed medications? [Re: Wyomyco]
    #11333556 - 10/27/09 06:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have seen a few bad reactions from psychedelics being mixed with various meds, specifically a friend of mine who was taking bi-polar meds. If you dont end up having physical adverse reactions, you may just end up having a trip from hell, or no trip at all , or even a fantastic voyage. You must realize this is a extremely touchy subject as there are too many variables to consider.

Like others said, you may want to talk to a professional regarding your situation. Discontinuing your meds for weeks/months for psilocybin sure sounds like the way to go imo, but i am no doctor and do not know how deep your "disorders" go.

Personally, i believe nothing good, at least without consequences, comes with meds.

Back to nature we go.....

--------------------
Dont forget to stop and smell your flowers

OfflineSupreme Slammage
Time Traveler
Male

Re: Shrooms While on prescribed medications? [Re: mataylor]
    #11333558 - 10/27/09 06:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Wyomyco said:
First of all i wouldn't suggest goin off your meds. Also mushrooms have less affect when mixed with an SSRI. Now I'm not sure if those meds are an SSRI, but it just sounds like a bad idea to me.

You might want to wait till someone with more experience with these meds chimes in.

Just my two cents.

Quote:

mataylor said:
taking any psychedelic with bipolar disorder is always a large risk.  that may be more important than what prescriptions you are on. i apologize i have no first hand experience with the disorder but i know personally. My friend with bipolar disordered, however, went to the hospital on her first mushroom experience. In general though, always be cautious of drugs when mixing any drug with prescriptions such as MAOI's and anti-depressants.

Ok here is the thing.  I have experience with shrooms and SSRI's.  ANy SSRI is safe to take with shrooms or LSD for that matter.  It may lessen the effects for unknown reasons involving both drugs' effects on the seretonin system in your brain.  I have done it  on SSRIS and its fine.  You might need to take more than u otherewise would but I would reccomend starting out with the assumption that you don't so that you don't take to large a dose.  Your medication will be safe if it is an SSRI, but I believe there could be very serious medical problems if you take an MAOI and shrooms.  Avoid that combo.

About bi polar, I have several friends who are bi polar and have been fine with psychedelics.  You just have to understand that shrooming is a learning experience and its not all fun and games.  It has been very emotionally intense for me at times and sometimes unpleasent but if you try to understand why you feel like that and work through it can be beneficial.  If you have things about yourself or life that are bothering you, just know that on psychedelics you can't hide from those things.  You have to face them and any resistence will cause you to have a bad trip.  facing it won't feel freat at the time either but it can have its rewards.  If you are only taking shrooms for fun, be aware difficult experiences happen and happen more if you have personal issuus

OfflineMcDude
Omerta
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Riding the spiral
    #11333677 - 10/27/09 06:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I had a horrible panic/anxiety attack once while on LSD. Worst experience ever! Was 14 years ago and I still have severe anxiety. I take klonopin for it. I eat a bunch of them before I shroom so I'm crazy chill going into it. Not exactly the same meds,but if your prone to anxiety and panic attacks I would be careful how much you eat. Ease into it maybe,having a full blown attack while tripping is horrible.

I was using heavily for about 2 years before I had said attack. My ex was Bi polar and I know how prone she was to such things. Be careful,just my opinion.

--------------------

For cultivation troubleshooting/advice visit us here

As below so above I imagine. Drawn outside the lines of reason. Push the envelope, Watch it bend!

Edited by McDude (10/27/09 06:35 PM)

Offlinecassidy416
Stranger
Re: Shrooms While on prescribed medications? [Re: McDude]
    #11333743 - 10/27/09 06:40 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

McDude said:
I had a horrible panic/anxiety attack once while on LSD. Worst experience ever! Was 14 years ago and I still have severe anxiety. I take klonopin for it. I eat a bunch of them before I shroom so I'm crazy chill going into it. Not exactly the same meds,but if your prone to anxiety and panic attacks I would be careful how much you eat. Ease into it maybe,having a full blown attack while tripping is horrible.

I have anxiety meds as needed.
it's .5 of ativan and it is a benzodiazapine.
I'm not sure if benzos interact with them but they are good for anxiety.
I havent needed them in a while though.

OfflineMcDude
Omerta
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11333802 - 10/27/09 06:47 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The ativan is fine. Just look your others up and like someone said make sure they aren't an maoi inhibitor. They slow down the production of(forget the name) the stuff that breaks down the psylocin in your system. You trip a hell of alot harder if your on them. I hear of some hardcore people taking them just for that reason. I doubt its something you want your first time.

--------------------

As below so above I imagine. Drawn outside the lines of reason. Push the envelope, Watch it bend!

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
    #11334681 - 10/27/09 08:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

McDude said:

I was using heavily for about 2 years before I had said attack. My ex was Bi polar and I know how prone she was to such things. Be careful,just my opinion.

does the k pin effect your trip? how much k-pin do you normally take per day?

OfflineMcDude
Omerta
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Shrooms While on prescribed medications? [Re: porcupine]
    #11334988 - 10/27/09 09:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

porcupine said:
Quote:

McDude said:

does the k pin effect your trip? how much k-pin do you normally take per day?

The only way it effects it is making everything chill :smile: Some days I don't eat any,some days I eat 4 or 6mg. Just depends  I generally take about 3-4mg then eat around 7g or more when I shroom.

--------------------

Offlinecassidy416
Stranger
    #11347611 - 10/29/09 07:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

McDude said:
The ativan is fine. Just look your others up and like someone said make sure they aren't an maoi inhibitor. They slow down the production of(forget the name) the stuff that breaks down the psylocin in your system. You trip a hell of alot harder if your on them. I hear of some hardcore people taking them just for that reason. I doubt its something you want your first time.

Okay thanks.
Should I just not take the vyvanse that day cause Ive heard that it speeds things up or something?

OfflineMcDude
Omerta
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11349646 - 10/30/09 12:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I just read about that drug,looks like its a stimulant. Have you done any other drugs in your life? I would like being speeded out on shrooms. It would definately make me more social/talkative. Might be alot to handle your first time though. Prolly recommend not taking it,get the feel of the shrooms your first time. Make sure your all good at handling that before mixing things.

Most of all,just have a good comfortable surrounding. Some place you can chill and not have to worry about anything. Don't be trying to run around and do shit. If your with good friends and comfortable I'm sure you'll have a good time.

--------------------

Offlinecassidy416
Stranger
    #11353549 - 10/30/09 05:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well I've been smoking weed for a long time and I have wanted to try them but there never around.
The only thing that is making me the most angry is that yesterday I felt so sick so I went to the doctor and they said it sounds like swine flu and thhey put me on a thera flu thing.
Im kind of hesitant about it now because Im not sure what would happen with that medicine.

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
    #11353619 - 10/30/09 06:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Neither Lamictal nor Vyvanse should have any effect on your trip.

Offlinecassidy416
Stranger
Re: Shrooms While on prescribed medications? [Re: morrowasted]
    #11354405 - 10/30/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Now Since I unfortunately was prescribed tamiflu.
I'm not sure if it is safe of not.
It's a pill and I took my first dose just now.
I can probably skip it tomorrow if its necessary.

OfflineMcDude
Omerta
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11355212 - 10/30/09 11:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The tamiflu isn't going to hurt you. Stop stressing and enjoy your night :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies