Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central Florida
medical marijuana (research paper)
    #11333167 - 10/27/09 07:35 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i have a paper due tomorrow, and of course im writing it last minute. its not the actual research paper thats due tomorrow, its the personal narrative.

i pretty much have to write about why i chose this research question, and how i went about finding out the information necessary for the actual paper.

i chose to write my paper on medical marijuana. my research question is "Does marijuana actually have medicinal values?"

my questions to you are, should i write this narrative in a stoner's perspective (i have used marijuana for a long time and it has helped me through numerous things, etc, etc.) or should it be from a non-users POV. someone who is just interested in the subject, and doesnt necessarily smoke the ganj.

i dont really care if my teacher knows i smoke, in fact im pretty sure she already knows, so thats not the matter, but would it be graded differently by just POVs?

and my second question is, do you guys know of any credible sites that are pro-medical marijuana. one thats not on the first couple pages of google.

--------------------

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
-George Bernard Shaw

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Re: medical marijuana (research paper) [Re: Bozeman]
    #11333176 - 10/27/09 07:36 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

lol

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

OfflineModified_Evolution
Comfortably Numb
Male

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Re: medical marijuana (research paper) [Re: cortex]
    #11333195 - 10/27/09 07:39 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I'm sure you've tried norml, as well as cannibis culture by now. If not hit those up, they're pretty good.

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."- Bill Hicks

Offlinefatso
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA Flag
    #11333198 - 10/27/09 07:39 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

cortezthekiller said:
lol

--------------------

My old Papaver Somniferums var. Gigantum and my Passion Flower...

Offlinex Ju x
Aubergine Of The Sun
Male

Loc: Shpongleland, Canada Flag
    #11333245 - 10/27/09 07:47 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I'd say do it both ways if you can.

First start off with general facts about marijuana and the obvious reasons on how it helps some people. Provide facts that most people do not know about marijuana to get them interested from the "non-users POV."

Then go on to explain how it has affected/helped your live personally and give some personal experience as well. It will provide both research and personal aspects to the paper.

That's what I would do, anyways.

--------------------

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Re: medical marijuana (research paper) [Re: x Ju x]
    #11333566 - 10/27/09 08:19 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I say write it as a stoner.  Sure way to a prof. heart is to write a paper from a pot head about how awesome weed is.  Make sure you call it weed, grass, dope, or cheebah too, that will help.  Also, make sure you draw little pictures of pot plants and grateful dead steelies in the margins.

A+

--------------------

OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

#11334712 - 10/27/09 10:53 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

your  sarcasm is not appreciated. it is a serious topic, and a serious paper.

--------------------

"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one."
-George Bernard Shaw

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

#11334817 - 10/27/09 11:08 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

lol, take a joke man, this is the internet

:seriousbusiness:

--------------------

OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

#11335251 - 10/28/09 12:14 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

your joke seemed condescending to the fact that i would even pick that topic to write about. im not entirely sure how i came to that conclusion, but thats what i felt, and i was angered, slightly. angered enough to comment back on how unappreciative i was of your sarcasm. lol

--------------------

-George Bernard Shaw

OfflineModified_Evolution
Comfortably Numb
Male

Loc: Milwaukee, WI
    #11335580 - 10/28/09 01:07 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bozeman said:
your  sarcasm is not appreciated. it is a serious topic, and a serious paper.

In the very short time I've been here I've noticed that alot around here.

--------------------
"Today, a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather."- Bill Hicks

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

#11335670 - 10/28/09 01:21 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bozeman said:
your joke seemed condescending to the fact that i would even pick that topic to write about. im not entirely sure how i came to that conclusion, but thats what i felt, and i was angered, slightly. angered enough to comment back on how unappreciative i was of your sarcasm. lol

^exact reason i never post here in the pub

--------------------

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #11335742 - 10/28/09 01:35 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

cortezthekiller said:
Quote:

Bozeman said:

^exact reason i never post here in the pub

I agree 100% with OP.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #11335782 - 10/28/09 01:41 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Bozeman said:
my questions to you are, should i write this narrative in a stoner's perspective (i have used marijuana for a long time and it has helped me through numerous things, etc, etc.) or should it be from a non-users POV. someone who is just interested in the subject, and doesnt necessarily smoke the ganj.

If you're writing a research paper no one is gonna care what your personal interactions with marijuana are because you are not qualified to assess whether or not they are what has helped you medically.

Use:
Expanded Academic ASAP
CQ Researcher
Facts on File: Issues & Controversies
OneFile
etc

any large database of articles, then look up articles by Ethan Nadelmann (sp?)

I did one 2 years ago that was like ~20pgs on this same subject.

--------------------

Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

#11335852 - 10/28/09 01:55 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Quote:

Bozeman said:

If you're writing a research paper no one is gonna care what your personal interactions with marijuana are because you are not qualified to assess whether or not they are what has helped you medically.

Use:
Expanded Academic ASAP
CQ Researcher
Facts on File: Issues & Controversies
OneFile
etc

any large database of articles, then look up articles by Ethan Nadelmann (sp?)

I did one 2 years ago that was like ~20pgs on this same subject.

If I were writing this personal narrative, then I'd be honest about my use.  I'd avoid going on and on about my use though.  I also wouldn't try to soften any punches.  If there's bad, then show it to the light.  If there's good, let them know.  Good luck!

Fortune magazine had a rockin' cover article about med mj back in September.

--------------------
Let that which doesn't matter truly not matter.

OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: medical marijuana (research paper) [Re: youbreakyoubuy]
    #11335927 - 10/28/09 02:12 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

for those who care, this is what ive written. it other page and a half is just the process i went through to find the answer.

as i stated before, this isnt the actual research paper, this is the personal narrative.

and before you go criticizing, its community college. i put random spaces in between sentences so its easier for you to read.

Marijuana has been an illegal substance in the United States of America since the early 1900s. Many people look down upon those who use marijuana since it has been classified as a Schedule I Narcotic under the Controlled Substance Act (CSA) of the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).

In recent years, people have been convinced that marijuana can be used for medicinal purposes.  Does marijuana actually have medicinal values? If so, what type of values?

With President Barack Obama recently asking the DEA to stop interfering with state laws that have legalized the medicinal use of marijuana, and me being a recreational user for many years, I have increasingly become interested whether or not marijuana actually has medicinal values. I have also always been a supporter for the legalization of marijuana in general. Legalizing it medicinally would only be the start.

Over the years that I have used marijuana recreationally, I have realized that I have, in fact, used marijuana in place of medication to aid certain inconveniences such as insomnia, loss of appetite, and sometimes even depression.

Additionally, I have met several people who have stopped using medications prescribed by doctors after they had started using marijuana. Medications such as asthma inhalers, anti-depressants, and even prescriptions for those who have ADD and ADHD.

Following certain legalities, I was forced to stop using marijuana, and found it to be a lot more difficult to cope with some of the same problems I had been having before.

With this is mind, I do in fact believe that marijuana has at least therapeutic values, such as dealing with pain, depression, insomnia, etc. What I want to find out is whether or not marijuana has curative values, such as reducing the growth of a tumor.

--------------------

-George Bernard Shaw

Offlineyoubreakyoubuy
Monkey Mouth
 User Gallery

#11335943 - 10/28/09 02:18 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Looks good.  It sounds like you're going about this with a good head on your shoulders.  :thumbup:  Keep working on it until you hash out all the kinks.  Work on sentence structure.  For instance: "I do in fact believe..." is a little redundant when a simple " I believe...." would do.

--------------------
Let that which doesn't matter truly not matter.

OfflineBozeman
Magic Mushroom Hunter
Male User Gallery

Re: medical marijuana (research paper) [Re: youbreakyoubuy]
    #11335954 - 10/28/09 02:21 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

a couple extra words here and there add multiple lines when its double spaced. lol. thats why i chose simple vocabulary instead of big words that summarize a whole sentence.

im going to listen to what a college buddy of mine told me from now on
"play keep up instead of cath up" lol

--------------------

-George Bernard Shaw

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

#11336096 - 10/28/09 03:04 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Kidding aside, it looks like a good start.  If you want some constructive criticism (which is why I assume you posted this) I have a couple things:

I don't know how your instructor wants the paper, but I would include some cited references to strengthen your argument.  If you are going to use personal references (I have met several people...) make it sound like you specifically polled some people for the paper, even if you didn't, it sounds better then relying on your memory.

Also, I have always been taught to avoid rhetorical questions in papers, but again, that depends on your instructors style.

Good luck.

--------------------

Offlinezombi
chillosopher
Male

Loc: Boston area
    #11336442 - 10/28/09 05:51 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
My words, too, are only an echo; but there is no reason why I should not repeat what I have heard.                    :zombie5:
-Socrates                                                                Let the rabbits wear glasses!
:gd_icon::trippycow::gd_icon:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD, Medical Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Grateful Dead

Community >> The Pub