Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Sports Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
your good friend <3
 User Gallery

Loc: Pelican Bay SHU Program
I am ashamed of myself for abandoning baseball...
    #11333045 - 10/27/09 07:16 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not even much of a basketball fan and I'm more stoked for these opening games than I am for World Series. It's like a chore for me to watch baseball these days. What the fuck happened? I used to love baseball. Is it just because the season is just too fucking long or what? And is it normal for the World Series to spill into November now? That's gay.

--------------------
What is this? It is a prolate spheroid, an elongated sphere in which the outer leather casing is drawn tightly over a somewhat smaller rubber tubing. Better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football.

-John Heisman

"I didn’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was (positioned)," Newton told reporters in Charlotte on Tuesday. "It could have been contorted in a way. You say my effort? I didn’t dive down. I fumbled - that’s fine. That’s fine. We didn’t lose the game because of that fumble.”

-Scam Newton

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinerobbyberto
Fuck you
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: I am ashamed of myself for abandoning baseball... [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #11333078 - 10/27/09 07:20 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheFakeSunRa said:
And is it normal for the World Series to spill into November now? That's gay.

No, but it sucks ass. It's called the fall classic, not the almost fucking winter classic. It's because of the World Baseball Classic, I think. The WBC has got to go.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Edited by robbyberto (10/27/09 07:24 PM)

InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
your good friend <3
 User Gallery

Loc: Pelican Bay SHU Program
Re: I am ashamed of myself for abandoning baseball... [Re: robbyberto]
    #11333110 - 10/27/09 07:26 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/26/sports/baseball/26pins.html?em

I like the WBC. They just need do away with the faggy wildcard system.

--------------------
What is this? It is a prolate spheroid, an elongated sphere in which the outer leather casing is drawn tightly over a somewhat smaller rubber tubing. Better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football.

-John Heisman

"I didn’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was (positioned)," Newton told reporters in Charlotte on Tuesday. "It could have been contorted in a way. You say my effort? I didn’t dive down. I fumbled - that’s fine. That’s fine. We didn’t lose the game because of that fumble.”

-Scam Newton

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
Re: I am ashamed of myself for abandoning baseball... [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #11333120 - 10/27/09 07:27 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I went through something similar.  I just got sick of it.  I blame the retardedly long season...with games almost every day for every team.  Its just too much.

And the game itself is not really interesting.  It is safe to assume that everyone playing it is on steroids.  Add this to the hypocrisy that has existed in the way baseball has handled records and things in the past, its really just a joke.

I'm falling away from sports more and more in general.  There are just more important things that one can do besides watch sports all the time.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Sports Forum