Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Just found out an old friend of mine died in Iraq recently
    #11332881 - 10/27/09 06:54 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:thumbdown::frown:
dont know any details.  just that hes gone.  sux.
RIP Kieth  :heart:

--------------------

Big Gulps!  Alright!  Well,  See ya later!
And if i claim to be a wise man, well, it surely means that i dont know!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineVibes
Good Vibes
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Just found out an old friend of mine died in Iraq recently [Re: DeadPhan]
    #11332908 - 10/27/09 06:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry to hear about your loss man. :hug:

--------------------
:mushroom2:Good Vibes:mushroom2:

Offlinesamba_lightning
diminished 5th
Male User Gallery

#11332916 - 10/27/09 06:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry to hear that man, were you close or anything?
either way it makes you look at your own life and see how you take it for granted when something like this happens. RIP kieth! (keith?)

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz

#11332919 - 10/27/09 06:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

sorry man.

it really was a worthwhile war.

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: Just found out an old friend of mine died in Iraq recently [Re: dr_gonz]
    #11332989 - 10/27/09 07:07 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

right!?  bullshit man
we were close enough in high school.  same social circle.  mad blunt sessions and such.  last time i saw him was right after 9-11 actualy.  i saw him at 7-11 and he was tellin me how he was goin over there. 
its wierd.....i had my views and he had his.  he was righteous in his for sure, however i disagreed, his motive i would say was in the right place more or less, however uninformed he may have been.  we talked for a minute about it, and i wished him luck and all that.  i kinda had a premonition.  like i knew he wouldnt be comin back.  im close with his sister.  i mean, close enough, like we stay in touch online and such, and i see her around sometimes.  shes all married and has a kid so dont see her like i used too, but thats how i found out. 
why in the world are we still there?

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz

#11333012 - 10/27/09 07:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

everyone has a role to fill in this theatrical production called life. i suppose it could have happened no other way for him.

i hope he smoked some good hash over there before he died.

Offlinegillagin780
Stranger?

Re: Just found out an old friend of mine died in Iraq recently [Re: dr_gonz]
    #11334074 - 10/27/09 09:29 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

sorry dude i really feel for ya

OfflineDeadPhan
Male User Gallery

Re: Just found out an old friend of mine died in Iraq recently [Re: gillagin780]
    #11341041 - 10/28/09 09:12 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

turns out he was part of a crew that was sent to stop the flow of heroin from afghanisan.
altho i dont even agree with the war on drugs......he was still a friend and a realy good dude
and this just fucking sux!

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/green-beret-from-medford-killed-in-afghanistan-crash-1.1554920

Green Beret from Medford killed in Afghanistan crash
October 28, 2009 By MARTIN C. EVANS  martin.evans@newsday.com

Photo credit: Taylor Brickser | Keith Bishop, a Green Beret from Medford, was among the 10 Americans killed Monday when their helicopter crashed in western Afghanistan after a firefight with Taliban fighters.
An Army Green Beret from  Medford was among the 10 Americans killed Monday when a Chinook helicopter crashed in western Afghanistan during a drug raid on Taliban traders.

Staff Sgt. Keith Bishop, a 1999 graduate of Patchogue-Medford High School, was a member of a Special Operations team working to stem the flow of heroin-producing opium that helps bankroll the anti-U.S. insurgency. He joined in 2002.

PHOTOS: Keith Bishop and the U.S. War in Afghanistan

Bishop, 28, who lived with his wife, Maggie, near Fort Bragg, N.C., was among seven military personnel and three agents with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency who were killed in the crash. Media reports said at least 36 people were aboard the Chinook when it crashed due to poor visibility.

Bishop was the youngest of five siblings, said his brother, Stephen Bishop, 37, of Middle Island. His twin sister, Kim Scheller, lives in Patchogue. Two other sisters, Janice Bishop and Janeane Lindenfelser, have lived in Carlisle, Pa., as do his parents, Robert and Suzan, who moved there from Long Island in 2004.

"His courage was admirable and passion for life undeniable," Stephen Bishop said.

Members of the Bishop family gathered Wednesday at the military mortuary in Dover, Del., where Bishop's body was due to arrive shortly after midnight this morning, Janice Bishop said.

"He was our little brother," she said, choking back sobs.

A spokesman for the Defense Department declined to confirm Bishop's death, saying the department would not release information on any of the victims until the next of kin of everyone aboard were notified.
Matt Catapano, who grew up next door to Bishop in Medford, described his friend as quiet and steady, and said Bishop's death a tragedy.

"He was the kind of guy who stood behind you, no matter what," Catapano said. "You wouldn't even know he was there unless you needed him. This is not how it is supposed to be."

In all, 14 Americans were killed in two crashes involving three helicopters in Afghanistan Monday. October has been the deadliest month of America's eight-year involvement there.

Bishop was part of a mission in which seven U.S. troops and three DEA agents were killed. According to the Pentagon, the long-range, heavy-lift helicopter crashed at about 3:30 a.m. as it pulled away following "a successful operation against militants" engaged in arms and drug trafficking in the village of Darreh-ye Bum, near the border with Turkmenistan.

Dust kicked up during the helicopter's liftoff blinded the crew, and the Chinook struck a tall structure. The Pentagon said the aircraft had not come under enemy fire.

The crash came as President Barack Obama grapples with whether to send more troops to Afghanistan to curb a growing insurgency.

Obama paid tribute to the 14 killed Monday. "They were willing to risk their lives, in this case, to prevent Afghanistan from once again becoming a safe haven for al-Qaida and its extremist allies," Obama said.

In an e-mail message, Stephen Bishop said "people should know families are losing sons, daughters, brothers, uncles for what seems to be an unclear cause with an unclear plan."

--------------------

Offlinesixsystemz
neo
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over here!!
    #11341074 - 10/28/09 09:17 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry to hear that..

I have a few friends and family that are over there right now.

--------------------
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. -Albert Einstein

Offlineandrewss
precariously aggrandized

Loc: ohio
Re: Just found out an old friend of mine died in Iraq recently [Re: sixsystemz]
    #11341221 - 10/28/09 09:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

sorry man

--------------------
Jesus loves you.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub