Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Hygrometer, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

First Grow (pics) HELP!
    #11331844 - 10/27/09 03:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Can anyone tell me my shotgun fc on the floor with no holes on bottom will work??

BRF PF-tek cambo strain. Just birthed that 1/4 pinter 48 hours ago. Thought I'd share this to make sure all looks good to you guys.

2 inches perlite. 1/2 inch holes, about 10 on the big sides, 5 on the small sides and 2 on the top. I'm misting 4x a day, fanning 2x a day. The terrarium is in my closet on the floor, and i dont have a hygrometer. should humidity be good enough (theres condensation on sides).

(Before drilling holes and birthing):

Look alright?

Edited by CJCollin37 (10/27/09 08:06 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: First Grow (pics) [Re: CJCollin37]
    #11331859 - 10/27/09 03:49 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

it looks so lonely

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

Invisiblebadman
Male User Gallery

#11331866 - 10/27/09 03:50 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Looks lonely :sad:

Get more cakes in there.

OfflineFlorida
Soul Rebel

Loc: Florida
Re: First Grow (pics) [Re: badman]
    #11331916 - 10/27/09 03:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Only one cake?
Good luck though I will be starting up soon too.

--------------------

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

#11331918 - 10/27/09 03:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hehe i know :frown:

His fault for being the fastest!

The rest are almost done, ill be spawning some to coir in a week or so.

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

Re: First Grow (pics) [Re: Florida]
    #11331921 - 10/27/09 03:59 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Florida said:
Only one cake?
Good luck though I will be starting up soon too.

11 more on the way  :meanlaugh:

OfflineHarlz
Stranger

#11332180 - 10/27/09 05:04 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

should have waited and did them all at once, but other wise good luck

wait does your fc not have holes all over it? thats necessary. all six sides , that means the bottom and lid as well, if you dont do this you wont maintain an optimal environment.

--------------------
no longer with us

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

Re: First Grow (pics) [Re: Harlz]
    #11332336 - 10/27/09 05:36 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

whats the advantage of doing them all at once? theyre pretty far apart in colonization...

and no, only holes on the sides and 2 on the top. its sitting on the ground. i realize the theory behind the shotgun fc about it being elevated with holes on all sides, but theres not much i can do about this right now.

Offline2Cents
Mushie Friend
Male

Loc: PNW
    #11332395 - 10/27/09 05:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

CJCollin37 said:
whats the advantage of doing them all at once? theyre pretty far apart in colonization...

and no, only holes on the sides and 2 on the top. its sitting on the ground. i realize the theory behind the shotgun fc about it being elevated with holes on all sides, but theres not much i can do about this right now.

Quote:

CJCollin37 said:

and no, only holes on the sides and 2 on the top. its sitting on the ground. i realize the theory behind the shotgun fc about it being elevated with holes on all sides, but theres not much i can do about get a drill and just do it cuz your gunna be kicking yourself later if you dont :thumbup:

--------------------
Long live the Shroomery!!!

OfflineDamnskippi
Rookie
Male

Loc: I dont remember anymore.....
    #11332417 - 10/27/09 05:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

U need more in there cause they need to pollinate each other with spores or they wont fruit.

nah im messin haha.. the only reason I know for having more in at a time is they create a microclimate bringing up the humidity.. but then again dont u think it would even out?    like more cakes would bring rh up but when ur covering up more and more perlite that would lower rh.    maybe it just evens it out ???    idk im rambling

--------------------
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

Re: First Grow (pics) [Re: Damnskippi]
    #11332511 - 10/27/09 05:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

haha i was a little confused there for a sec damnskippi... :rolleyes:

but yeah, i hear about the increase in humidity with more cakes. i also thought about the other factor you mentioned. my only worry heres is that the humidity won't be right without the air flowing up from the bottom as RR preaches in his shotgun tek.

well, i'll see, this 1/4 pint is a test run.

OfflineHarlz
Stranger

#11332781 - 10/27/09 06:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Lol your gonna have lots of humidity issues, and contam issues if your fruiting it on the floor,

the first foot of air above the ground contains the most contaminants in the air, so get it off the floor, secondly you need to elevate your shotgun not only for better RH but also FAE air flows through those holes and brings moisture into the air as well, and if you waited to do them all at once you could dunk, roll and repeat as a group instead of individually, not really anything to do with micro climate, just that a few extra days in the jars while others finish wont hurt.

But oh well if you do a  half ass job your gonna get half assed results:shrug::bonghit:

--------------------
no longer with us

Invisiblebadman
Male User Gallery

Re: First Grow (pics) [Re: Damnskippi]
    #11333071 - 10/27/09 07:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Damnskippi said:
U need more in there cause they need to pollinate each other with spores or they wont fruit.

:lmafo:

Offlinemcyodus
GROW STUPID !!!!!!
 User Gallery

Loc: Fuckville
    #11333101 - 10/27/09 07:24 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I grew this one by it's self. Looks good now you just have to waite. But it's worth it, good luck.

--------------------
EAT sOME !! LIKE YOU WERE HUNGRY!!!!

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

#11333180 - 10/27/09 07:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Harlz said:
Lol your gonna have lots of humidity issues, and contam issues if your fruiting it on the floor,

the first foot of air above the ground contains the most contaminants in the air, so get it off the floor, secondly you need to elevate your shotgun not only for better RH but also FAE air flows through those holes and brings moisture into the air as well, and if you waited to do them all at once you could dunk, roll and repeat as a group instead of individually, not really anything to do with micro climate, just that a few extra days in the jars while others finish wont hurt.

But oh well if you do a  half ass job your gonna get half assed results:shrug::bonghit:

Fuck...

I knew all this, but I thought I could get by like this. Prob is i gotta remain discreet so its gotta stay on the closet floor (ik i probably just lost some respect). I dont get it... why is all of this necessary?? Like what about a monotub or any other terrarium without holes strategically placed like a shotgun??

I think I'll just buy the god damn hygrometer (even tho im fuckin broke..). And I'll get the terrarium a couple inches off the ground and put plastic or some shit underneath it, and drill holes in the bottom...

OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
Re: First Grow (pics) [Re: mcyodus]
    #11333191 - 10/27/09 07:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You need holes in the bottom because as the air comes in through the bottom, through the damp perlight, it wicks water vapors (Humidity) into the FC. Also, condensation is not a sign of adequate humidity, it just means the temperature inside the FC is warmer then the outside, thus robbing the air inside your FC of water vapors. Cakes generate there own heat. A cake is typically 10 degrees warmer then the air around it. You don't have enough holes in your FC so hot stale air is staying trapped inside. FAE is your friend, and the Shotgun FC is what you need.

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

OfflineHarlz
Stranger

Re: First Grow (pics) [Re: Boris]
    #11333218 - 10/27/09 07:42 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

For doing stealth Id say go with a monotub, theyre way less maintenance and you can store them usually wherever , maybe not the floor ,

and you just fan , mine get pretty humid themselves so I  dont mist too much and youre good

--------------------
no longer with us

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

#11333241 - 10/27/09 07:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

damn i shoulda done that from the start...

whats so different about a monotub that it gets humid, stays humid, and doesnt need a bunch of holes and what not for fae and humidity?

I realize i probably dont sound like ive done my hw, but i honestly read for hours almost everyday on here.. i guess i just dont get it all.

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

#11333290 - 10/27/09 07:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

And how would the "average man's terrarium" work with perlite but no holes on the bottom and stuff??? Its basically what i have except with some holes on sides...

OfflineBoris
Viking Warrior, of Valour
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: TX. Flag
    #11333312 - 10/27/09 07:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

A monotub is for bulk growing. You inoculate grain jars called your spawn, then once those are fully colonized, you bust it all up and spawn it to bulk substrate. Your doing PF-tek/BRF cakes, so you need a FC not a mono-tub.

Maybe look into a, "Poor Mans Pod" -Search engine*

--------------------
AMU

Terence McKenna Said:
"We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked moron consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world."

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Coir, Hygrometer, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation