Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: The Politics of Canada [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1136771 - 12/12/02 07:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

carbonhoots writes:

Are you really from the dominican republic?

I was born and raised in Canada. My father moved around a lot, so until I left home I got dragged around from province to province and territory to territory. I lived in Victoria and in Vancouver in 1962-63, and most of my survivng relatives live there. I lived in Ottawa from 1969 to 1987.

I moved to the Dominican Republic fifteen years ago, and have been a resident here ever since. My parents still live in Ottawa, and I visit them once or twice a year.

You speak about this like you work for the CD Howe Institute.

I just returned from a four week stay in Ottawa. The Romanow report was released while I was there, so I am more up-to-date on the current health care figures than I was a month ago.

I was going to address the rest of your points, but I see no need to add to what Evolving has said other than to say that I am not just speaking from any theoretical base when I analyze Canada's disintegrating health care system, I lived it (I suffer from Horton's syndrome) and I watch my parents, relatives, and friends live it.

I have every right to say that Canada's healthcare system sucks and that as each year goes by it sucks worse, because it DOES suck. Every massive report ever commissioned at public expense (at the rate of one every three years or so for the last two decades or so) has said the same. Canadian doctors and nurses don't need any report to tell them it sucks either; they know it better than the patients do. Even the politicians know it sucks, but most of them are too afraid of losing votes to say so in public.

Medical care is far too critical an issue to leave in the hands of politicians.

pinky

--------------------

Edited by pinksharkmark (12/12/02 07:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: The Politics of Canada [Re: chemkid]
    #1137773 - 12/13/02 06:32 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If you can hide behind the skirt of America and let her take the heat for the policies that you believe in too but are too afraid to voice and stand behind, then why not.......that is the easy way out.......the bitch, punk way out!!!

Who said Canada is doing this? Last I heard the bulk of Canadian citizens oppose the US led war on Iraq. Does that sound like hiding behind a skirt? Not to me. We've said what we think, and still America does not listen.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: The Politics of Canada [Re: Phred]
    #1137815 - 12/13/02 06:53 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Medical care is far too critical an issue to leave in the hands of politicians.

It's far too critical an issue to leave in the hands of HMO's, too.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: The Politics of Canada [Re: silversoul7]
    #1137900 - 12/13/02 07:32 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

It's far too critical an issue to leave in the hands of HMO's, too

In a free market, it isn't left in the hands of the HMO's. The consumers, such as myself, choose the organization which gives them the best product. Like I stated in an earlier post, I have several health insurance companies to choose from, some offer a variety of plans including HMO's and PPO's. I can also just pay out of pocket and play the odds myself. My wife and I have made the choice to go with a PPO and utilize a medical savings account. I have a choice of doctors and no restrictions on getting a second opinion. If I am disatisfied with service I may freely change doctors or insurance plans. My health care is not rationed, there are no waiting lists, I can 'shop around' for a procedure if I need it. When I reach retirement age, the money placed into my medical savings account that has not been used will have accrued compounded interest and will be available for me and my wife to use in our 'golden years.' Will government run health insurance give you that?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: The Politics of Canada [Re: Evolving]
    #1138407 - 12/13/02 10:10 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I'll admit that the American Health Care system is better if you have the money for good insurance, but if you're dirt poor it's much better to live in Canada.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: The Politics of Canada [Re: machineelf368]
    #1138471 - 12/13/02 10:30 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ive decide im going to move to canada sometime in the future when i have the money. i dont want to be apart of imperialism anymore and im sick of the war on drugs.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale