Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: 5-HTP, Melatonin, Valerian Root

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

life is boring when you cant sleep
    #11329790 - 10/27/09 07:45 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

I got to bed late as hell every night (around 2 or 3AM), and wake up early as shit every morning (got out of bed at 5:30 this morning), and i dont start work till Nov so i have done everything i can do around my house, my house is spotless, i have cleaned out every closet including my attic, and now i just sit around reading shit on Shroomery.  The only plus is I get to watch Saved by the Bell every morning.  I have seen them all but i still like watching them every morning.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Ports Flag
Re: life is boring when you cant sleep [Re: kechlesurf]
    #11329798 - 10/27/09 07:48 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

When i can sleep its never longer than 3-4 hours at a time. I really do think sleep is just a waste of time. I love feeling wide awake and rested, but it never works out that way.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #11329802 - 10/27/09 07:49 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Some people would love to be in your position so look at the bright side and enjoy it while you can.

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: life is boring when you cant sleep [Re: Kada]
    #11329816 - 10/27/09 07:54 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
When i can sleep its never longer than 3-4 hours at a time. I really do think sleep is just a waste of time. I love feeling wide awake and rested, but it never works out that way.

I'm the opposite, I think I have hyper insomnia which is, well the exact opposite of insomnia which means I sleep way more than the average person. I go to bed at 5 and wake up at 5. The least I sleep is 12 hours a day and up to 15 or more on really bad days. Although on days I have school which is only 2 days a week I will only get a few hours just cause my sleep schedule is fucked up.

I never really feel fully rested. It sucks cause its something I cant just change its an actual psychological disorder, I haven't been diagnosed by a psychiatrist but how could anyone deny it when they sleep as much as I do. I should probably go to the doctor and get some sort of sleep aid that would fix this.

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (10/27/09 07:58 AM)

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11329819 - 10/27/09 07:55 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

i love sleeping, i use to be able to sleep for a good eight hours, it does feel good waking up rested and refreshed, i wake up and im not tired, but i am sluggish, oh well, its life

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Re: life is boring when you cant sleep [Re: DeathCompany]
    #11329839 - 10/27/09 08:03 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

My wife keeps trying to get me to go to the doctors to get sleeping pills. I know i have a problem. Sometimes it drives me insane. I start hallucinating and can't think straight after a few nights of no sleep and only 3 hour naps once a day. I start acting like a crazy person.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

Live long and prosper.

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11329857 - 10/27/09 08:11 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

I understand not wanting to take pills, i hate pharmies, i never hallucinate or anything, that would suck, cause it doesnt sound like the good kind of hallucinations,

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#11329866 - 10/27/09 08:14 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah sleep deprivation can be a very intense experience.

What are your experiences with natural sleep aids like valerian, melatonin and tryptophan (or 5htp and the like)? I find tylenol PM works pretty good as well. Id imagine they would not do much to someone with sever insomnia like yourself I'm just wondering how well they would work. Maybe combing all or most of them would help.

Also whats your experiences with stronger prescription drugs like lunesta or ambien? Those are pretty damn strong substances that seem to get the job done for almost everyone. Ive never heard anyone with insomnia explain how well it works on them, I'm a little interested. If you haven't tried them I would find a friend with a medication and ask to try one of them out if you haven't already. Who knows if it works it might be worth the visit to the doctors office.

A good sleep schedule can really change how you feel. Spending so much time with a bad one, you tend to forget how well it feels to sleep in a healthy manner. Most people do not even realize how bad they are feeling.

And with that I am off to bed. I got to wake up at 8 or 9. :grrr:

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (10/27/09 08:15 AM)

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#11329873 - 10/27/09 08:16 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

It is never fun when you feel insanity creeping in. Sleep is the only thing that i need to be normal, but i never seem to be able to get enough of it. All night long i just feel like there are things i could be doing. I don't sleep until i pass out from sheer exhaustion. The bad thing is i take care of the kids during the day and work at night. I get off before 1am most nights and could get 7 hours, but i just don't want to go to sleep. I do, but i don't. It's crazy. I watch hulu, read books and post here. Until i feel that i have gotten enough of me time in i cant sleep.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#11329886 - 10/27/09 08:25 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
Yeah sleep deprivation can be a very intense experience.

What are your experiences with natural sleep aids like valerian, melatonin and tryptophan (or 5htp and the like)? I find tylenol PM works pretty good as well. Id imagine they would not do much to someone with sever insomnia like yourself I'm just wondering how well they would work. Maybe combing all or most of them would help.

Also whats your experiences with stronger prescription drugs like lunesta or ambien? Those are pretty damn strong substances that seem to get the job done for almost everyone. Ive never heard anyone with insomnia explain how well it works on them, I'm a little interested. If you haven't tried them I would find a friend with a medication and ask to try one of them out if you haven't already. Who knows if it works it might be worth the visit to the doctors office.

A good sleep schedule can really change how you feel. Spending so much time with a bad one, you tend to forget how well it feels to sleep in a healthy manner. Most people do not even realize how bad they are feeling.

And with that I am off to bed. I got to wake up at 8 or 9. :grrr:

Ive tried taking pm meds an all they do is make me loopy as hell while my mind just keeps on truckin along. It fights the meds almost like a game. I bet if i took real sleep medication it would help. I detest doctors tho. I have medical insurance but i hate doctors. I always end up owing doctors hundreds of dollars despite having insurance, and the bastards don't ever seem to help me with anything i see them for.

I have horrible nightmares when i do sleep. I lucid dream all night long. Sleep is never restful even if i do manage to pass out for 7 or 8 hours. Why can't i just sleep like a normal person damn it. I feel like blubbering like a baby i am so tired so often.  :cryariver:

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11329891 - 10/27/09 08:28 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

I found when i smoke and get nice and high before i go to sleep, i dont dream or i dont remember my dreams when i wake up.  Give it a try and see if it works for you.  Get ready to go to bed, and smoke it while laying in bed

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

#11329901 - 10/27/09 08:35 AM (8 years, 28 days ago)

When i smoke weed it just keeps me up. It kills any sense of being tired at all. It gives my brain a reason to be awake and not feel the pain of tiredness. It's like sleep is my enemy or something, and any reason to be awake stimulates my brain to fight it off.

I think i need to stop drinking caffeine altogether. Even in the mornings. I live for the shit.

--------------------

Live long and prosper.

Edited by Kada (10/27/09 08:41 AM)

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#11333656 - 10/27/09 08:30 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Have you tried taking benzos as a sleep aid. Those are pretty damn strong but the wont put you to sleep unless you lay down and try. The anti anxiety part might also get rid of those nightmares.

I love having nightmares when I lucid dream. I try and push for them(not all the time) by getting in the mind set. I start off with making it night time. I always wake up in my bed in my room when I wake up in a lucid dream for some reason. Then I just imagine really dark evil shit like theres something horrible around this corner and bam my mind creates something horrible, and its there. After a bit the experience starts to work more off of real subconscious/conscious fears. Its really fun to man up and confront your fears in a lucid dream environment.

This is  sort of off the main topic but I find it very interesting.

I did it so much they don't even bother me although every now and then I will get put in my place.For example Ill walk down my hall where theres a mirror that takes up the whole wall at the end.(makes my house look way bigger than it is in real life lol) Anyways this always happens in my dark dreams. I walk down the hall and theres me in the reflection only my skin is the shade of a dead person and I have dark eyes and I'm extremely angry/ violent. And as I walk closer the evil me gets closer as it should in a mirror only it screams and climbs along the sides of the walls/ceiling as I go closer as if it has a mind of its own. When I get right up to the mirror he will be right there. I just stick my face right up to the mirror to stare this evil fuck in the eye as he screams and drools and claws and pounds at the glass(well mirror) like hes trying to break it down and get out to murder me but he cant get out. This guy is always there in my nightmare lucid dreams. Although last time I tried I touch the mirror and it was liquid and I could see my hand on the other side as if it were a reflection.(reminds me of the matrix) I can walk into this alternate evil reality. I have yet to walk in and kill my evil self and see what else that side of my mind has to hide but next chance I will. It shall take some balls to kill myself I suppose.

Its funny cause I was thinking of how to kill him easy but since its my reflection he has what I have. I go in with a bat or a knife hes carrying the same thing which I would have to deal with once on his side. Lucid dreaming is so fucking cool. Straight twilight zone shit in our minds.

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (10/27/09 08:40 PM)

Invisible_myconaut_
INSULT RAMPAGE!!!

Loc: school library
    #11333671 - 10/27/09 08:31 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

exercise... volunteer work... new hobby....

--------------------
:dj:
:banana::superbanana::redbanana::bananamusic::celery::rastana::hitlerdance:
          :ass::paradisiscoolwhat:

Offlinefatso
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA Flag
    #11333702 - 10/27/09 08:35 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

kechlesurf said:
I got to bed late as hell every night (around 2 or 3AM), and wake up early as shit every morning (got out of bed at 5:30 this morning), and i dont start work till Nov so i have done everything i can do around my house, my house is spotless, i have cleaned out every closet including my attic, and now i just sit around reading shit on Shroomery.  The only plus is I get to watch Saved by the Bell every morning.  I have seen them all but i still like watching them every morning.

welcome to my world.  i have the same shit.  go to bed at 3 or 4 , wait a while to fall asleep, wake up a few times in the night(well morning), get up.  it sucks ass.  i can take 4 ambiens and still not fall asleep:shrug:  and i save my temazapam for the day cuz i have bad anxiety and try to only take benzos once a week or so.  melatonin doesnt work either.  the only thng that helps is a good indica and i havent even had weed in a few weeks.  ive just slowly been smoking all my hash(and theyre all pure sativa so they  dont help me sleep)

--------------------

My old Papaver Somniferums var. Gigantum and my Passion Flower...

Offlineclaraclairvoyant
well oiled machine
 User Gallery

#11333934 - 10/27/09 09:06 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

life is boring when ALL you do is sleep.
i don't sleep all the time, but i sleep way too much and still feel tired often. i can sleep 10 hours at a time and still have trouble getting out of bed in the morn.

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: life is boring when you cant sleep [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #11333959 - 10/27/09 09:10 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Im in the same boat as you. Its really shitty.

Do you ever wake up real late in the day and you feel like its just a waste to even get up at that point (and your still a little tired) so you sleep an hour or two longer. Then when you get up its practically night time and the feeling of the day being wasted is even worse.And then that feeling just makes the rest of your waking hours so depressing and pointless like you cant find any direction in what you do. UHHHH I cant stop the fuckiong cycle. I sleep 12 to 16 hours a day on average.

--------------------

InvisibleRationalEgo
Principium Individuationis

Loc: Boston
    #11333969 - 10/27/09 09:13 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Don't you like to read books?

Offlinegillagin780
Stranger?

Re: life is boring when you cant sleep [Re: RationalEgo]
    #11334041 - 10/27/09 09:24 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

I get horrible sleep and wake up early so i am usually tired and in a daze untill it gets late again

Offlineclaraclairvoyant
well oiled machine
 User Gallery

#11334064 - 10/27/09 09:28 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
Im in the same boat as you. Its really shitty.

Do you ever wake up real late in the day and you feel like its just a waste to even get up at that point (and your still a little tired) so you sleep an hour or two longer. Then when you get up its practically night time and the feeling of the day being wasted is even worse.And then that feeling just makes the rest of your waking hours so depressing and pointless like you cant find any direction in what you do. UHHHH I cant stop the fuckiong cycle. I sleep 12 to 16 hours a day on average.

Nah I usually don't sleep any later than 1 or 2 since I'm in school now plus a job. I've definitely had days/nights like that though and they're depressing as hell. Sometimes I go to bed "early" around midnight in hopes of being able to wake up around 8. But the full 8 hours just doesn't do it for me, if I don't NEED to get up that early I'll just keep sleeping til noon.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: 5-HTP, Melatonin, Valerian Root

Community >> The Pub