Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

Some questions about agar growth
    #11329715 - 10/27/09 04:54 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've got some questions.

1. How long until you can see growth on agar of Grey Oyster clones, Shiitake clones and really really old Oyster spores??
2. Does it matter that I didn't seal my petri dishes and just taped them shut?
3. Does it matter that I used a relatively young grey oyster fruitbody to clone?
4. Does it matter that the Shiitake I cloned was already getting a bit dry? Like almost 2 days after harvest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleratdog
wild capture trader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado mount. top
Re: Some questions about agar growth [Re: Kamek]
    #11329855 - 10/27/09 06:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

how do

1. my dear Little grass hopper i must respond to you 1st Q with a ? about what is growth. in its self growth takes time and is reliant on too many things. so patients is required when it comes to growth in order to deal properly with the amount of time involved for it to occur.

2. next time seal them with glad press and seal cut into strips. it breaths etc and your little buddies will like being able to breath.

3. younger is always better or at least 90% of the time. i have had grate success with young specimens to start with but i think age is of no matter when sterile tek is involved. the cleaner you are the more likely you are to succeed no mater the age of the subject.

4. its hard grasshopper to tell what one persons idea of dry is "its 20%rh here right now but if i said it was but crack cooling dry then well??? %rh" so it still could be ok. but in order to get the best results that any grasshopper would want then fresher is better.

not that if all i had was a dry old shroom and a jar with ager in it "you bet i would give it a try. shit i even tried with 20 year old spores once.

--------------------
some people just don't get it:spank:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11241796
so here is a video or two or three for you guys:rolleyes:

Offlinesolumvita
Q.B.E.
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Some questions about agar growth [Re: Kamek]
    #11331557 - 10/27/09 01:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Kamek said:
1. How long until you can see growth on agar of Grey Oyster clones, Shiitake clones and really really old Oyster spores??

for clones about 2-3 days and you should start to see fuzzy growth on the tissue and perhaps the start of mycelium starting to grow onto the agar.

Spores about 4-5days and really old spores i would start giving up  hope after a month of no growth.

Quote:

Kamek said:
2. Does it matter that I didn't seal my petri dishes and just taped them shut?

No not at all, parafilm works best for me i have used glad wrap and found it to be too cumbersome.

Quote:

Kamek said:
3. Does it matter that I used a relatively young grey oyster fruitbody to clone?

again, not at all, young ones are better than old and decaying

and no it does not matter that you used a 2 day old shiitake, fresher is best but it will still grow.

--------------------
One of these days all the answers will be revealed until then we learn from each other!

www.mushrush.co.za

OfflineKamek
Male User Gallery

Re: Some questions about agar growth [Re: solumvita]
    #11331615 - 10/27/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks. I am a lot more confident now that something might grow.

We'll see!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale