Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

The Octave of Energy
    #1132867 - 12/11/02 04:12 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

heres the octave theory by Robert Anton Wilson for those of you who arent familiar with it...:
The Law of Octaves was first suggested by Pythagoras in ancient Greece. Having observed that the eight notes of the conventional Occidental musical scale were governed by definite mathematical relationships, Pythagoras proceeded to create a whole cosmology based on 8s. In this octagonal model Pythagoras made numerous mistakes, because he was generalizing from insufficient data. However, his work was the first attempt in history to unify science, mathematics, art and mysticism into one comprehensible system and as such is still influential. Leary, Crowley and Buckminster Fuller have all described themselves as modern Pythagoreans.
In China, roughly contemporary with Pythagoras, the Taoists built up a cosmology based on the interplay of yang (positive) and yin (negative), which produced the eight trigrams of the I Ching, out of which are generated the 64 hexagrams.

In India, Buddha announced, after his illumination under the Bodhi tree, the Noble Eightfold Path. Patanjali subsequently reduced the science of yoga to eight "limbs" or, as we might say, eight "steps."

The game of chess appeared, somewhere in the East, with a grid based on 8x8 (64) squares.

Hepler discovered the laws of planetary motion serendipitously, while trying to make the planets fit into the Pythagorean octave.

In the 1860s, English chemist John Newland showed that all the chemical elements fall into eight families. Since Pythagorean mysticism was unfashionable at that time, Newland was literally laughed at and rejected by the Royal Chemical Society. In the 1870s, with much more detail than Newland, the Russian chemist Mendeleyev proved once and for all that the elements do, indeed, fall into eight families. His Periodic Table of the Elements, an octave of hauntingly Pythagorean harmony, hangs in every high-school chemistry class today. (The Royal Society later apologized to Newland and gave him a Gold Medal.)

Nikolai Tesla invented the alternating current generator which unleashed the modern technological revolution after a series of visions in which, among other things, Tesla "saw" that everything in the universe obeys a law of Octaves.

Modern geneticists have found that the DNA-RNA "dialogue" -- the molecular information system governing life and evolution - it transmitted by 64 (8x8) codons.

R. Buckminster Fuller, in his Synergetic-Energetic Geometry, which he claims is the "co-ordinate system of the Universe," reduces all phenomena to geometric-energetic constructs based on the tetrahedron (4-sided), the octet truss (8-sided) and the coupler (8-faceted with 24 phases). Fuller argues specifically that the 8-face, 24-phase coupler underlies the 8-fold division of the chemical elements on the Mendeleyev Periodic Table.

In 1973, unaware of Fuller's coupler - which I called to his attention later - Dr. Leary began to divide his 8 circuits into a 24-stage Periodic Table of Evolution (see diagram). Leary also began attempting to correlate this with the Periodic Table of Elements in chemistry.

The eight families of elements are:

Alkalis
Alkalines
Borons
Carbons
Nitrogens
Oxygens
Halogens
Noble Gases
The first four families, Leary argues, are terrestrial; that is, they are heavy and tend to fall to Earth. The second four familes are extraterrestrial; that is, they tend to float off into space. Similarly, he says, the first four circuits of the nervous system are terrestrial; their function is to control survival and reproduction at the bottom of the 4,000-mile gravity well in which we presently live. The second four circuits, then, are extraterrestrial; they will come into full play only when we live normally in zero-gravity - in free space.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblei am e goldstein
Your Friend

Loc: 4 Blocks from Ground Zero
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: spud]
    #1132932 - 12/11/02 04:40 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

--------------------
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.
3DSHROOMS is either clueless or the worlds biggest SCUMBAG
I lie and exagerate constantly... God Bless America!

Edited by i am e goldstein (12/11/02 04:41 PM)

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: The Octave of Energy [Re: i am e goldstein]
    #1132953 - 12/11/02 04:46 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

i know the instrument part is true...btw thanks for commenting on my avatar  :smile:

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: The Octave of Energy [Re: spud]
    #1132965 - 12/11/02 04:51 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Ahh good old deoxy. Interestingly enough I also saw a show featuring this on the discovery channel. It turns out i am e goldstein, is even more right than he knows. According to the show not only are musical instruments and "nut spacing on bridges" based on the law of octaves or one of it's components, but also are bodys correspond perfectly with this law, in addition the matematics of this law can be applied to virtually all architecture produced by humans. I wish I remebered the math exactly. I'll have to try and find the info.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Edited by 3eyedgod (12/11/02 04:54 PM)

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
Re: The Octave of Energy [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1132985 - 12/11/02 04:59 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

Maybe the show wasn't on the discovery channel. Can't find any info on their site

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Anonymous

#1133018 - 12/11/02 05:18 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

There are also 8 basic colors in the visible spectrum.  :ooo: 

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: The Octave of Energy [Re: ]
    #1133237 - 12/11/02 06:42 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

and there was that show "eight is enough"..... :grin:

sorry, I couldn't help it....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

Edited by upupup (12/11/02 06:43 PM)

Anonymous

#1133623 - 12/11/02 09:20 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

And don't forget Bode's Law!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1133677 - 12/11/02 10:08 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

I browsed an article in New Scientist recently which was describing how some physicists believe 8 to be one of the key numbers. - Cant remember exactly what it said as I didtn fully understandi it.

Long live RAW! :grin: 

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: The Octave of Energy [Re: ]
    #1133706 - 12/11/02 10:39 PM (15 years, 10 days ago)

There are three spacial dimensions, three primary colors, and three primary emotions (fear, love, hate)

Maybe a being that existed in four dimensions could see four primary colors, and have four primary emotions.  :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineBlowMiNose
Some rise, Somefall, Some climb

Loc: The Dirty South...
Re: The Octave of Energy [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1135408 - 12/12/02 01:13 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

me confused spud

--------------------
***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: The Octave of Energy [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1135537 - 12/12/02 02:16 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

Love is to hate as fear is to embrace... Maybe a being in four dimensions could "embrace" objects in a way that they became One.  :smile: 

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

Re: The Octave of Energy [Re: BlowMiNose]
    #1135603 - 12/12/02 02:40 PM (15 years, 9 days ago)

har har

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology