Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

Loc: mi casa
glove box inoculation q
    #11327632 - 10/26/09 08:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hello everyone, I'm very new to this (my first time actually) and I've done lots of research and read multiple posts and other documents. I'm following the PF Tek along w/ Let's Grow Mushrooms video and will be putting the inoculated cakes into a shotgun terrarium. My question is (since the video and the Tek show two diff. things) when I have my jars in the glove box, do I leave my tyvek cover on, or do I remove prior to putting the jars inside the glovebox? Again I did do a lot of back and forth reading/watching and I really don't want to mess up as I only have one syringe that I'm working with. Any suggestions, I'm actually going to be inoculating very shortly here, I'm just waiting for my jars to cool down........Aaaaah please help. LoL.

--------------------
i'm here to grow and learn, all constructive criticisms are invited to better the cause. ^_^

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: glove box inoculation q [Re: hippie138]
    #11327661 - 10/26/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

what are you using for injection ports

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflineHumbled
Local Budtender
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: glove box inoculation q [Re: Slimz]
    #11327669 - 10/26/09 08:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You are talking about the micropore tape or what?

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

InvisibleSlimz
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: glove box inoculation q [Re: Humbled]
    #11327710 - 10/26/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

show me pic of your jars

--------------------

Best Thread Ever ! ! !

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

#11327743 - 10/26/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I actually am using the tyvek envelopes. I wasn't positive on which type of tape name it goes by in the store. (I know I'm a dork) but the video and Tek both show tape as the filter. I did take pics of the items I'll be using, they are in my profile under my journal....I'm still kinda just figuring out how to use this site better actually.

--------------------
i'm here to grow and learn, all constructive criticisms are invited to better the cause. ^_^

Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

#11327755 - 10/26/09 09:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you slimz and psilocelium.

--------------------

Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

#11327767 - 10/26/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This is a picture of the envelopes I'm using, prior to cutting them into circles the size of the lid.

--------------------

Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

#11327782 - 10/26/09 09:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The only reason I'm using the reg. mouth 1/2 pints was because when I went back to the store the wide mouths were out of stock. Also I'm not positive if this info will be helpful, but I don't have a PC just yet and just had taken my first batch of jars out of my kettle I boiled for the last 90min. fyi

--------------------

Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

#11327895 - 10/26/09 09:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Or can anyone reading this maybe point me in the right direction, again I only have the one syringe and don't want to waste it if I can help it. Thanks again for all of you who respond.

--------------------

InvisibleSlimz
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11327932 - 10/26/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ok you need inoc ports..

drill a hole in the lid like 1/4 to 3/8 and stuff it with pollyfill

then use 2 layers of tyvec UNDER the metal lid.

the pollyfill stuffed hole will be where the syringe goes in and punctures the tyvek 

flame the needle and the whipe it with an alcohol soaked paper towel. to cool it.. stick it in through the pollyfill and peirce the tyvec. then inject your spores into your jars

obviously you have to fill the jars with your BRF and the sterilize them..

make the lids FIRST then load up jars with BRF then sterilize with the lid ON .

the tyvec and poly fill can handle the heat ..

let the jars cool then follow the above directions for inoculating..

confusing enuff for ya??

--------------------

Best Thread Ever ! ! !

Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

Re: glove box inoculation q [Re: Slimz]
    #11328028 - 10/26/09 09:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Slimz, well I had gotten the holes in the lid mixed my BRF w/ verm and mineral drinking water. the mix is 1c BRF, 2c verm, 1c water. (the water i found didn't need the full cup.) & since I don't have a pressure cooker what I did was lined the bottom of my kettle w/ jar rings and one piece of foil followed by another layer of the rings and boiled w/ steam for 90min. I had taken them out of the pot to cool I'd say about a good solid hour-hour and a half ago (for the first set of jars, the second set came out around 6:30pm). So that's why I was asking, I totally appreciate the help and I'm gonna re-read what you just posted. If any of the info I just gave you changes anything please let me know. I was hoping to inoc. my jars tonight, but if I have to wait til tomorrow I will. (If the jars are ok to sit over night?)

--------------------

InvisibleSlimz
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11328041 - 10/26/09 09:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

jars are OK overnight.. but im still not clear on what you are using for an inoc port.. a pic of the jar in its current state will help.

--------------------

Best Thread Ever ! ! !

Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

#11328061 - 10/26/09 09:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Oh and also, what kind of a store can I find this polyfil at??? I was trying to get everything set up before I received the syringe, which it didn't work out that way. So what ended up happening was I real fast went through the Tek and video and gathered what I could find as soon as I could. LoL which wasn't probably the best idea, but I also had come across a cool home made alcohol lamp. (since I couldn't find any mention of a store or link to purchase one at.) Again thanks for all of your help and decent reply rate!!!! You are my life saver right now! ^_^

I'm gonna get my camera and load the pics to my pc so I can send what it looks like to you. Just an FYI, the holes are kinda funky cuz my b/f helped me make the holes w/ a 1/4" drill bit. LoL a lil overkill yes, so if you recommend I make new lids please feel free to let me know I have plenty extra since I bought a couple extra lids & rings just in case.

--------------------

InvisibleSlimz
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11328063 - 10/26/09 09:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

wallmart .. its in pillows and stuffed animals..

--------------------

Best Thread Ever ! ! !

OfflineDeeGee
Insert Title Here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sunny Southern California Flag
    #11328091 - 10/26/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You can get polyfil at Michaels or Tall Mouse

The tape is:

You find it at Target or Wal-Mart

EDIT: Yeah, Wal-Mart should have polyfill too. One stop shop

--------------------
DG
:plur:

Edited by DeeGee (10/26/09 09:54 PM)

Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

#11328206 - 10/26/09 10:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

this is a pic of the holes in the lid....and I'll also post other pics if needed.

--------------------

Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

#11328221 - 10/26/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanx DeeGee and Slimz. Any info I can get to help is always much appreciated. And thanks for not making fun of the little noob. LoL. that's funny kinda reminds me a saying someone's a boob.

--------------------

OfflineHumbled
Local Budtender
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11328460 - 10/26/09 10:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's good man. I only do one port for inoculation, but that's just me, I have never actually done BRF and Verm that I can remember. I started this hobby at 18 and am now 23. What a haze of tripping, drinking and fine ganja smoke! It was a blast!

Enough with my rant though. You are doin just fine man. Keep it up and you will have mushrooms poppin out your ears!:crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2:

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_

Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

#11329024 - 10/27/09 12:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanx Psilocelium! Your words are very relieving, you have no idea! I don't really know anyone on this site, is it possible to maybe add you as a friend somehow? At least if that's ok with you. Since I'm new to the site I started a journal on my profile page, if you want to check it out. I'm going to be updating it sometime tomorrow or if I don't fall asleep after writing in my personal grow journal. & I like to consider myself to be the kind of person who if someone helps me out along the way, any outcome I get I share. So let me know whatcha think. ^_^

P.S. that's funny you say that your 23, I'm actually 23 and just starting! LoL, except I'll be 24 in june of this coming year.

--------------------

Offlinehippie138
Stranger
Female

#11329033 - 10/27/09 12:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

P.S.S.

You don't have to call me man, I'd prefer dude if you'd like since I'm a chick. LoL  :jointsmile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures