Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsychedelicious
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

CAN vendors have slow...
    #11327763 - 10/26/09 11:07 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Can vendors have slow colonizing spore batches?

For example, if I had two syringes of spores from the same vendor, with the same date on them (so probably from the same series of prints) .. is it feasible that they could all be relatively slow colonizers?

If the above is true, is it possible that later spore syringes (made from different prints) would be faster colonizers?

Sorry, just trying to narrow some things down. I appreciate it!

--------------------
<metatron> i dont think the surface area of a mushroom is quite ideal to administer psychoactive compounds anally

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male

Re: CAN vendors have slow... [Re: Psychedelicious]
    #11327824 - 10/26/09 11:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think colonization depends not only on the strain or even batch (which may or may not be a difference, or maybe a difference just for growing, or maybe something else entirely, all depending on who you ask), but also (and probably mostly) on the conditions it's in (temp, GE, RH), the substrate being colonized, etc. etc.

--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

Offlinefundamentalchair
Stand up
 User Gallery

#11327832 - 10/26/09 11:14 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

If you are doing a multi-spore inoculation, you could have differing colonization speed within the same syringe. Depending on what genetics get a foothold first, some may colonize slower than another.

There are many many variables to colonization speed, and it may be difficult to hold them all constant within a single grow, let alone two separate events.

--------------------
semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit

Sclerotia FAQ... If ya ain't got any stones, grow some.

Will work for Laetiporus sulphureus culture/spores (or any other Laetiporus actually), :pm: me.

My Trade list.

Ghetto Tek: Auto FAE & Light

OfflinePsychedelicious
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: CAN vendors have slow... [Re: fundamentalchair]
    #11327849 - 10/26/09 11:17 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Don't take this as rude - but I wasn't asking about that. I was simply curious if it is possible to have syringes from the same batch of spores end up being prone to slow colonization.

I'm asking this completely isolated from temperatures, spawn, moisture, etc, etc.

--------------------
<metatron> i dont think the surface area of a mushroom is quite ideal to administer psychoactive compounds anally

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #11327873 - 10/26/09 11:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Spores are variable, yes.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: CAN vendors have slow... [Re: Doc_T]
    #11327957 - 10/26/09 11:31 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Vendors have nothing to do with colonization speeds.. spores are spores and when injecting thousands of spores into a jar (like when you inject with a syringe) you are rolling the dice..

temps and moisture content play a gigantic factor in colonization speeds as well..

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

Offlinefundamentalchair
Stand up
 User Gallery

Re: CAN vendors have slow... [Re: Slimz]
    #11328126 - 10/26/09 11:59 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

If you are doing a multi-spore inoculation, you could have differing colonization speed within the same syringe.

Without starting from identical genetic material (which is a given in a MS inoc) you will have the possibility of different speeds of colonization even if you had 2 jars that were carbon copies of each other.

If you can't get 1 syringe to give you 100% repeatable results, what in the hell makes you think that 2 syringes purchased at different times wouldn't have differing colonization times?

--------------------

Will work for Laetiporus sulphureus culture/spores (or any other Laetiporus actually), :pm: me.

My Trade list.

OfflinePsychedelicious
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

#11328261 - 10/27/09 12:19 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Because that isn't what I said.

What is happening is slow mycellial growth in optimal conditions, from two different syringes from the same vendor which were from the same print/date, over a wide variety of jars.

Both grain and LC solutions are colonizing slowly, in more than one instance, from these two syringes. If it was just the grain jars, I'd be more focused on my grain tek - but my grain tek is to the letter, and I know my grains moisture is good. Temps in the 74-81 range.. etc.

But my LC solutions also takes forever to start clearing up and consolodating with myc.

Different mediums, same results - so I'm trying to determine if the source of the syringes' spores may be the common denominator.

--------------------

Offlinesgaltair
Aspiring Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Loc: Gainesville, Florida, USA
    #11328349 - 10/27/09 12:32 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychedelicious said:
Don't take this as rude - but I wasn't asking about that. I was simply curious if it is possible to have syringes from the same batch of spores end up being prone to slow colonization.

I'm asking this completely isolated from temperatures, spawn, moisture, etc, etc.

You have to keep in mind what fundamentalchair was saying though. That in a single spore syringe there can be several different characteristics. One syringe can have spores that will grow fast, others that will grow slow. What actually occurs depends on which genetic actually succeeds. So even if you isolate from all those variables, you still have to take into account the variation that is present from spore to spore.

But if the sponsor took spores from a slow colonizing specimen then it may be more likely that the majority of the spores produced by said specimen would colonize slowly.

--------------------
"Zydrate comes in a little glass vial..." Repo! The Genetic Opera

"Measure what is measurable and make measurable what is not so."
Galileo Galilei

"When the veil falls
All will be made manifest
And the warriors of the ethereal
Will be our only defense"

~~altair~~

OfflinePsychedelicious
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: CAN vendors have slow... [Re: sgaltair]
    #11328511 - 10/27/09 12:55 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Indeed - I just wanted to focus the topic on one very narrow possibility, for my own reasons, without getting onto too broad a path - no offense intended. I have indeed seen the results of this variance in colonization speeds from MS - one of my jars went a LOT faster than the others did - the others are literally crawling along at the slowest pace you can imagine.. but one jar took off very nicely (average for most others though, but fast for mine!).

However, it slowed down a great deal near the top.. this happened on some other jars which got black pin mold - they ate up the jar after I shook them and then stopped at the top, and then I saw little black pin mold hairs.

So I shook this jar, and if it recovers - great. If not, well, I know what happened. Then my only hope will by my LC..

--------------------

InvisiblePsilocelium
illegitimately literal Latin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ----_---_--_
Re: CAN vendors have slow... [Re: sgaltair]
    #11328540 - 10/27/09 12:59 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I find that certain strains go more rapidly than others. For instance, the P. Menace strain I have I count on to be done colonizing within a week of first signs of growth. Pulls through every time. I got that print free from P himself.

On the other hand, I just got a Malabar syringe from Sporeworks. That thing took like 5 days just to show growth in an LC. It is Day 5 of colonization and there are about 15- 20 nickel sized spots of Myc. in the jars.

I paid good money for that one. I really only know a strain when I have grown it for a while. Lots of variables there.

--------------------
_-_--->My Trade List<---_-_
Visit Us at The Earth Garden!

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: CAN vendors have slow... [Re: Psilocelium]
    #11328550 - 10/27/09 01:01 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yeah as i said n MS, its a crap shoot

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflinePsychedelicious
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: CAN vendors have slow... [Re: Psilocelium]
    #11328582 - 10/27/09 01:05 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psilocelium said:
I find that certain strains go more rapidly than others. For instance, the P. Menace strain I have I count on to be done colonizing within a week of first signs of growth. Pulls through every time. I got that print free from P himself.

On the other hand, I just got a Malabar syringe from Sporeworks. That thing took like 5 days just to show growth in an LC. It is Day 5 of colonization and there are about 15- 20 nickel sized spots of Myc. in the jars.

I paid good money for that one. I really only know a strain when I have grown it for a while. Lots of variables there.

Yeah, it's taken about a week for these to show growth in an LC from BOTH syringes (of same strain, dated same creation date) twice.. two different LCs. Slow results. I'm gonna take a step back from these Ecuadors and try a Chitawan LC and see how quickly that goes. Maybe that will be more aggressive.

--------------------

Offlinefundamentalchair
Stand up
 User Gallery

#11332442 - 10/27/09 05:51 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Because that isn't what I said.

Are you reading anything that I typed?

To answer your question as simply as possible: Yes, you can have 2 different syringes from the same vendor from the same print from the same everything colonize at different speeds assuming that all other factors are held constant.

The point I was trying to make is that you can see the exact same difference within a single syringe, which meets all above criteria and exceeds it.

If you ask if your car will be able to drive over 60mph, me answering that it won't go over 40 answers your question.

--------------------

My Trade list.

OfflinePsychedelicious
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: CAN vendors have slow... [Re: fundamentalchair]
    #11332829 - 10/27/09 06:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

YOU are the one not reading. I am not asking if two syringes from the same batch can both lead to varying colonizing speeds. I am asking if two syringes from the same batch can both lead to SIMILAR colonizing speeds.

As in, two syringes, from the same spore batch, on the same date, having spores which all tend to be slower colonizers than say, another batch made on an earlier date, or from another set of shrooms, etc.

Not variance, which you keep harping on.

SIMILARITY.

PS - It's alright though, my question was already touched on by someone above.. so it's a moot point. I'm going to try my albino a+ and chitawans and see if they colonize quicker than these Ecuadors have.

--------------------

Edited by Psychedelicious (10/27/09 06:47 PM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
    #11332864 - 10/27/09 06:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

or from another set of shrooms, etc.

Not variance,

That's the variance.
Maybe from the same print, maybe a different print of the same strain. Maybe from a different strain that was mislabeled.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisiblemyceleus_rex
seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: alized
    #11333514 - 10/27/09 08:15 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Psychedelicious said:
I am asking if two syringes from the same batch can both lead to SIMILAR colonizing speeds.

Yes.

--------------------
Cervantes' sclerotia thread    Citric's self-healing lid tek  Agar's Grain LC  Breaking Up Spawn Jars

World's Ugliest Cat?

If ignorance is bliss, why aren't there more happy people?

Invisibleambargh
 User Gallery

Re: CAN vendors have slow... [Re: myceleus_rex]
    #11333562 - 10/27/09 08:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Babies can come out retarded... it's not the doctor's fault who delivered them. It's genetics, blame the parents.

--------------------
"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.." - Douglas Adams

ambargh's easy agar

Invisiblemyceleus_rex
seeker
Male User Gallery

#11333608 - 10/27/09 08:23 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

As to date? It's all a crapshoot. From one well mixed syringe, you may get more equalized rates and faster/slower rates than the next syringe, then again, maybe not. To get real consistency, you need to isolate genetics.

--------------------
Cervantes' sclerotia thread    Citric's self-healing lid tek  Agar's Grain LC  Breaking Up Spawn Jars

World's Ugliest Cat?

Invisiblemyceleus_rex
seeker
Male User Gallery

#11333646 - 10/27/09 08:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

...and vendors can only sell spores. to get genetic consistency, they would need to sell myc culture-- A BIG no-no. GOT IT :grin:

--------------------

World's Ugliest Cat?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation