Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSS32
Stranger

Loc: elsewhere
How important is the consolidation period?
    #11327735 - 10/26/09 11:04 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Here's the deal:  the rest of my jars are finally 100% colonized, but they've taken well over 12 weeks to get there.  I'd like to get them in the FC, and was wondering how necessary the week wait after colonization is in the grand scheme of things.  I've really been waiting the past week or two for the myc to cover the bottom.  I'm using the taller 1/2 pint jars BTW, not the short fat ones.  I'd be willing to bet in the time they've been sitting, the myc has found its way through the middle.  I know, I know, patience is key....but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinek4ge
Dread Head
Male User Gallery

Re: How important is the consolidation period? [Re: SS32]
    #11327792 - 10/26/09 11:10 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

If you put them in the fc now, they will take the week anyway.

Might as well keep them in the jar where you know they aren't going to pin and you don't get all antsy and paranoid.

--------------------
All posts by this user are not to be taken seriously.
Seriously.

OfflineSS32
Stranger

Re: How important is the consolidation period? [Re: k4ge]
    #11327819 - 10/26/09 11:12 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

That's the thing, the few that I have birthed were at 100% and I took them out a day after because they started pinning in the jar.  None of these show signs of in-vitro pinning, yet, and I'd like to avoid it if at all possible.

--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

#11327842 - 10/26/09 11:16 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

You might wanna check your recipe to make sure your ratio is right. Also watch your temps. Spikes or drops in temp during "incubation" will cause long delays for full colonization.

Also, make sure your ordering your spores from one of the sponsors at this site. If you order elsewhere you could be getting shitty spores.

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

OfflineSS32
Stranger

Re: How important is the consolidation period? [Re: Nuzzle]
    #11327910 - 10/26/09 11:25 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

done, done, and done.  Followed the recipe exactly, kept them in a steady climate, and I ordered from a sponsor.  I'm not sure why this particular batch took so long to colonize.  I knocked up some more jars a couple weeks ago with what I had left and they're off and running like they should be.

--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

OfflineNuzzle
Misunderstood
 User Gallery

#11327945 - 10/26/09 11:29 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

What strain did you go with? I know I have had my Amazonian and Redspore started the same time. Same exact conditions... Redspore JUST started to colonize about the time my amazonian was getting finished colonizing. Maybe some how your not sterilizing properly and there is some bacteria battle going on?

--------------------
:hi:**If you have any spare spore prints lying around, and your feeling 'giving' drop me a PM** :dancer:

OfflineSS32
Stranger

Re: How important is the consolidation period? [Re: Nuzzle]
    #11327972 - 10/26/09 11:33 PM (8 years, 6 months ago)

Strain is PF classic.

I use a glovebox, wipe the entire area with alcohol, spray the inside of the box with air sanitizer, flame sterilize between each jar, and wear a long shirt/gloves.  I'm fairly certain sterilization isn't the issue. 

The only thing I can think of is temperature being just a little too low.  My house stays ~72, but that still wouldn't explain why the first round went so slow and the newer ones are going as they should.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation