Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, Magic Flight Launch Box, Salvia, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFoolishDemon
Sober tripper
Male

Loc: ۩
Salvia/DMT while sick with the flu?
    #11326617 - 10/26/09 08:19 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

I've read up on marijuana not really being too fun while sick with the flu but no easily found posts have revealed to me whether anyone has tried DMT or salvia while sick.  May I please be enlightened good sirs and ma'ams as to how such a journey would play out?

Edited by FoolishDemon (10/26/09 08:21 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Salvia/DMT while sick with the flu? [Re: FoolishDemon]
    #11326638 - 10/26/09 08:23 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

idk about that. i had the flu about 5days ago, and i felt a shit load better after :vaped:

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

OnlineSellith
The False Dawn
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Void Flag
Re: Salvia/DMT while sick with the flu? [Re: Salomon]
    #11326676 - 10/26/09 08:30 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Pot is alright whilst sick, I prefer it over paracetamol and other pills and whatnot.

Mushrooms seem to "miraculously" cure my illness.

I don't have any personal experience with the lady or with DMT whilst sick though.

--------------------

Invisiblemrkite210

Re: Salvia/DMT while sick with the flu? [Re: Salomon]
    #11326690 - 10/26/09 08:33 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Salomon said:
idk about that. i had the flu about 5days ago, and i felt a shit load better after :vaped:

QFT.

Smoking isn't good if you have a fucked up throat, but vaporizing or edibles only make things better. I would personally stay away from salvia but would do DMT if I was feeling up to it.

--------------------

InvisibleAquaKet
RC Connoisseur

#11326933 - 10/26/09 09:14 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Personally I would hold off on both DMT and Salvia.

Weed is actually very nice when you're sick, just don't smoke so much that it really irritates your throat even more.

Get well soon! :tripping:

--------------------
relax

...but that was many years from now and, i hope from here on out
i always seem to want to shout your eyes are like a cup of tea, ascend into the sun with me...

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet
 User Gallery

Loc: Bizzaro World
Re: Salvia/DMT while sick with the flu? [Re: AquaKet]
    #11327069 - 10/26/09 09:36 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

I had a flu with vomiting and all last thursday.  I don't know why but felt compelled to smoke some DMT.

After smoking about 80mg I had quite the interesting trip.  I felt something show me what was causing my being sick.

After the trip cleared up my physical symptoms of being sick almost disappeared.  About 6 hours later I started feeling nauseous again. After a good night sleep I was back to my old healthy self the next day.

I really feel like smoking DMT had a positive effect on my getting better faster.  I even was feeling good enough to eat a shit load of acid friday evening :laugh:

OfflineSpaced_Cowboy
Stranger

Re: Salvia/DMT while sick with the flu? [Re: FlusH]
    #11327230 - 10/26/09 10:02 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

I enjoy marijuana with a sever cold, but i do cough up a lung if i rip anything to fat which is pretty anoying

Offlineneutroncore
Stranger
    #13813184 - 01/19/11 11:40 AM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I had a bout of flu this week which left me sick for 4 days, I have a lot of commitments this week and could not afford to be ill. Last night I started feeling worse too, glands swollen, sore throat, no sign of improvement. I do tend to recover quite quickly from illnesses, but I have had glandular fever and scarlet fever in the past, and doctors tell me this could make it harder to recover from illnesses. Some people in my village are extremely ill with the flu right now, and are finding it hard to shake off.

I was reading about NK (natural killer cells) being bolstered by Delta Opioid agonists:

"These data suggest that delta opioid agonists are broadly immunomostimulatory (House RV, Thomas PT, Bhargava HN, 1996)."

Also, I read about the Influenza virus having its growth inhibited by Pyrazole type compounds:

"Pyrazole compound BPR1P0034 with potent and selective anti-influenza virus activity (Shih SR et al, 2010)."

Salvia Splendens contains several structural congeners of Salvinorin A, and a series of semisynthetic derivatives, some of which are structurally similar to pyrazoline, according to this article:

"Synthetic studies of neoclerodane diterpenoids from Salvia splendens and evaluation of opioid receptor affinity (Fontana et all, 2008)."

Although weak as a Delta Opioid agonist, its potency as a Kappa Opioid agonist with some Delta effects might somehow contribute to inihibiting the ability of my flu cells from replicating. I thought that it might also help due to the various other purportedly known medicinal benefits of the herb.

This is of course very tenuous in terms of science, going almost entirely on gut instinct.

I used some of Daniel Siebert's Emerald Essence tincture - about 50ml, mixed with about 80-120ml cold water (I'm not sure whether the hot water recommended in his accompanying leaflet which came with the Essence is vital or simply to assist in avoiding the burn from the alcohol in which the Salvinorin A is suspended). It did burn a little, but even getting the pure juice on my lips wasn't anywhere near as bad as some chilli adventures I have subjected myself to. I found it hard to keep the mixture in for more than 12 minutes, as I produced too much saliva - perhaps this could be avoided somehow, I haven't researched this as yet.

I also used a Volcano Vaporizer with some enhanced leaf (also from Daniel Siebert - regular strength, and a little 60x extract - I do not know if this is true standardised extract, but it is one I have used for some time. It's Strawberry flavour and quite nice :smile:

In order to get the typical pins and needles, familiar to the experience as it ramps up towards visionary, it takes from experience, for me, 3 bags with a balance of about 1/3 of what I would typically use to fill a hemispherical gauze in a water pipe / bubbler, (a full gauze of 60x extract generally is more than enough for a full out of body experience / other dimensional full on experience - which I always do in a dark room, while listening to deep forest!) along with one leaf crushed into small pieces. The Volcano is set on the maximum setting of 9, which is about 226 degrees celcius. If Salvinorin A vaporises at 270 degrees celcius, then it might explain why it takes some time before the herb is vaporised by the lower heat. It builds up if the herb is left on the heat between bags, and eventually it definitely works. This is not very efficient however, and there is the possibility of the herb vaporising or hitting the right temperature without the bag being attached. It might be best to simply keep the heat on, and just remove the herb between filling the bags until effects are felt.

I finally smoked the contents of the Volcano hopper in my bubbler, which resulted in a mild visual effect, and some cranial pressure. I had a continued headache and pressure for about an hour.

Having swallowed the Emerald Essence mix, the alcohol gave me some burning / heartburn / gastric reflux / burping and stomach discomfort.

I thought all this would be worth it if the Salvia helped affect the flu symptoms.

My mind was clear for the first time in days, the nausea of the flu disappeared and I felt quite relaxed. All aches and pains from the flu which were hanging on, seemed to go, aside from the headache which seemed more obvious - I associated this with the usual headache which can accompany smoking Salvia. I had an increased fever and still felt very ill. I took 2 Night Nurse pills, which each contain Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide 7.5mg, Promethazine Hydrochloride 10mg, Paracetamol 500mg. I slept soundly.

I woke up this morning feeling a real clarity, which I associated with the flu departing. Fever was gone - all symptoms were gone, aside from some tiredness and a general head cold feeling. Even the swelling glands and sore throat which came on last night have gone. I feel massively brighter today, I'm going to take it easy but have been up and about all day, doing web design work, taking phone calls, helping my parents (my father suffers with dementia) and generally feeling a bit more normal. Definitely able to deal with the day almost as if I haven't had flu.

Whether the flu was on the way out or not, if Salvia helped, this deserves further research.

For the record, since learning the correct way for me personally to take Salvia, I have been compelled to stop smoking, regular drinking, etc.

Offlinejuloxx
Superjail Inmate

Re: Salvia/DMT while sick with the flu? [Re: neutroncore]
    #13813427 - 01/19/11 12:53 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

The fact that your even thinking about doing DMT sick shows that your not ready for it.

--------------------
"My mind is my glock, Keep my 3rd eye cocked."
-Method Man

OfflineEywa_devotee
Goddess Worshiper
 User Gallery

Loc: Middle of Nowhere, Wiscon...
Re: Salvia/DMT while sick with the flu? [Re: juloxx]
    #13813616 - 01/19/11 01:38 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

Don't smoke dmt with the flu as you may get bronchitus. You can use ayahuasca, and it will get rid of the flu ironically.

--------------------
"Love one another." "To Love is to know me." "Love is the Law, Love under Will." "In Compassion, all sorrows end." Regardless of the Master, the message is the same- Choose love and you shall live, Choose Fear and you shall die. Help bring peace to this Earth: Love one another, and serve others before yourself.

Offlinelurkmode
Stranger

#13814579 - 01/19/11 04:39 PM (6 years, 9 months ago)

I've done both while sick and it made no difference. You really don't think about stuff like that while tripping the light fantastic.

It was more of a distraction than anything beforehand. more specifically I took aya that day and had the sniffles pretty badly. It was just a small problem. Maybe I had gotten used to it by the time I dmt>salvia'd

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, Magic Flight Launch Box, Salvia, Vaporizer

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience