Home | Community | Message Board

The Best Salvia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Pink Floyd, Shpongle, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMr Wobblehead
WizardExtraordinary &Absolute CocoaSlut

Loc: They tell me it's a hospi...
Trip Report: Syrian Rue and Cocoa-Shrooms Too!
    #1132551 - 12/11/02 02:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I had my first go at the SR last night.

FUCK!

I started by taking 10 grams of SR, ground it in the mill and added it to 250 ml of water and a table spoon of lemon juice.  brought to boil and then put it in the blender.  Whizzed it up and put it back in the pan and boiled it gently for a further 5 mins.  Strained through a very fine tea strainer into another pan. 

The grounds were used like this twice more so that i had three lots of juice in the final pan.  I simmered this down from the 750 ml to 210 ml.  I then took 70ml of this and mixed it with a tablespoon of organic maple syrup and drank it down.  Not too bad actually.  In effect I had about 3 gram of SR juice.

half an hour later i was getting quite wobbly.  It was a very strange feeling.  Not quite here not quite there.

I then made up some cocoa-shrooms using water instead of soya milk as i didn't want to do any soya with the SR.  I added a spoonful of the maple syrup to the cocoa instead of sugar - much nicer.  I used 15 grams of fresh EQ's and 3 grams of crispy dried ones ground up and blended into the cocoa.  Drank that and went and lay down and listened to Sheila Chandra.

This has to be the strangest trip i have ever had.  For the next five hours i kept coming up and coming up, the trip just kept building and building as it felt like the SR wouldn't let any of it escape.

I feel that normally when one trips on shrooms the body is breaking down the psilocybin all the time, so there's this continuous draining going on.  But with the SR this doesn't happen.  All the thoughts and ideas keep building on each other.  But at the same time it feels ever so slippy, like you can't keep hold of any of it, sort of like a nice oily mental massage.  The term slippy-trip came to mind and fitted the situation perfectly.

It was very much like a normal shroom trip is liquid and it slowly drains away, but with the SR the trip is frozen and nothing drains away and you just slip and slide around on it like on ice.

The visuals were well fucked up.  Everytime i moved my eyes it was like an earthquake.  I could clearly see the tear fluid on my eyeballs, and everytime i moved this just shuddered and the whole vista went to shit.

Anyway, the trip kept on building for about five hours, and then it felt like the bottom just collapsed out of it.  Like the ice suddenly melted, the trip turned back to liquid and poured away.  Like i said it had been building and building and i'd been getting higher and higher and then it all just disappeared and left me stranded.  The whole thing just collapsed in on me.  It was like having a vacuum implosion inside your mind and it just sucks everything in.

I've done some serious fucking tripping in my time, but i have never felt emotions like i felt these.  This was totally wrapping off the end stops.  One moment it was so totally beautiful, the next i was totally immersed in complete sadness, then total joy, total misery, total understanding and total confusion.

The initial five hours had been so easy to deal with, so interesting.  The energy this mix had given me was amazing and i had used it to the full.  But at the last minute it was like the bogey man turned up and demanded his payment for my five hours of my brain party.  This chaos lasted for about two hours.  I was locked inside this mental rollercoaster ride and he wasn't going to let me get off until he felt i had paid up.

I'd had a bad day yesterday.  I had an application for Judicial Review thrown out, and basically i'm getting fucked over by the so called british justice system.  It seems to me that only those who can afford justice can have it.  Because i'm disabled and live on state benefits i'm not entitled to a fair hearing (so much for human right legislation - that only applies to them with money also).  A lot of the chaos at the end of the trip was caused by my anger at the way i'd been fucked over.  Pink Floyd's - The Wall sprang to mind.  They build these walls to keep us in, and down, like fucking cattle, and they sit up in their castles and mock us.

I have to admit that after i got of the roller coaster i felt good.  I'd had no where to direct my anger all day and this two hours just let it all go in one mental maelstrom.  Cried a lot laughed a lot and smiled a lot.  An amazing experience.

Anybody ever listen to Moonchild by Celtus when they're tripping?  Now that's a beautiful song.  It bought up so many beautiful memories.

So the million dollar question....

Will I do it again?

Oh yes.  Definitely.

I certainly would not recommend this stuff to people who are not very experienced in the art of tripping.  This is not something to rush into.  It's like the craziest shroom trip with a couple of extra dimensions to deal with.  I would not advise moving about while on this.  Go to the bathroom when you begin the trip and then just lie down till it's over, otherwise you'll end up face butting the floor.  Like i said this is slippy and quite disorientating.

But for those of you who are very comfy with your shrooming, i would thoroughly recommend a journey down this road.

Good night. :wink:   

Edited by geokills (12/19/02 07:19 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblezeta
Stranger

Re: Syrian Rue and Cocoa-Shrooms Too! [Re: Mr Wobblehead]
    #1133421 - 12/11/02 07:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

That was very interesting. Thankyou  :smirk:

OfflineMightyQuinn
Eskimo
Loc: United States
    #1134678 - 12/12/02 08:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah that's a nice report guy.

The added dimensions you were talking about there I would pretty much agree with you on from my experience- and if you take the harmala by itself at a heavier dose say around 5-10 grams you get into some real slippy tripping of a particularly odd character...

--------------------
everybody's gonna want a dose.

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

Re: Syrian Rue and Cocoa-Shrooms Too! [Re: MightyQuinn]
    #1135120 - 12/12/02 11:50 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'll definitely give the rue a go on it's own sometime.

Is it as hectic coming down off it on its own as it is with shrooms?

InvisiblePenroc3
hypno toad
 User Gallery

#1152585 - 12/18/02 06:16 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

rue is a MAOI right, can you tell me what that dose i know it keeps certin drugs going in your brain but what would it do if you took it by its self??

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

Re: Syrian Rue and Cocoa-Shrooms Too! [Re: Penroc3]
    #1153244 - 12/18/02 11:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I used 1/3 of the 10 grams with shrooms. The rest i did on its own. It's not very pleasant on its own at that dose. IMO. Very sickly feeling. But maybe that was caused by something i had eaten.

If you're going to do it on it's own i would suggest about 6 grams and don't eat anything for about 8 hours before hand and drink only water. This is just a suggestion, you might still throw up without eating.

I personlly wouldn't go above 3 grams again, and it's not effective on its own at that dosage.

All i can say is try it and see. As long as you follow the things not to eat with it rules, then i can't see any real problems other than nausea at a dose of around 6 grams. Or you could always try smoking an extraction.

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1153290 - 12/19/02 12:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

ya shoulda been listenin to some shpongle :-)

actually, that was a very good trip report. i heard chocolate is bad on maois tho... but mebbe im misinformed?

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

InvisibleMr Wobblehead

Re: Syrian Rue and Cocoa-Shrooms Too! [Re: SnuffelzFurever]
    #1153371 - 12/19/02 02:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

From what i read chocolate is only a concern if taking it a lot. It's a don't do a lot of thing rather than an avoid at all costs thing. And i only used two spoons of cocoa to make the shrooms up, so i wasn't kicking the arse out of it or anything.

Maybe a some of the strangeness of trip could be put down to the cocoa, but there wasn't any bad physical effects like headaches or anything.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Pink Floyd, Shpongle, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports