Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedog man
biologicallyengineered

whats the problem?
    #1132242 - 12/11/02 10:08 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

there has been an obvious discrepency in the mycelium growth of 12 PF tek jars. the substarate is identical (verm/brf), as is the incubation (82). of the total 48 inoculation points, about 45% look like the second picture. these jars were all inncolated about 12 days ago. i shook the syringes b4 each individual innoculation and used significantly more than the recommended 1/4cc per point to avoid what has happened. my question is, given that the conditions were idential, what factors could have caused this disparity?

this jar was innoculated with the same exact B+ syringe as this jar:

same exact substarate and conditions, but mycelium growth has not increased for almost a week.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: whats the problem? [Re: dog man]
    #1132303 - 12/11/02 10:29 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

If the incubation conditions and substrates are indentical for both jars then one jar was probably injected with more viable spores than the other.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
    #1132324 - 12/11/02 10:37 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

happens to me sometimes also, did you make your own syringe or did you buy from someone. i know where my mistakes lie when i make syringes, i never let the spores sit in the syringe for the recommended 12 hours. i give them sometimes less than an hour and the same thing you got going on happens

Offlinedog man
biologicallyengineered

Re: whats the problem? [Re: MickyFinn]
    #1132411 - 12/11/02 11:09 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i bought em and wish i didn't, at least from that particular vendor. but, if i did in fact make some mistakes which caused this, i wish i knew what they were so i wont do it again. iv'e been reading alot of posts and other information and cant find a logical explanation for this, other than the syringes i ordered were at least partially defective.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
    #1132426 - 12/11/02 11:13 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

lift the lid off of one of the ones that didn't work and smell it...report back....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineTheHobbit
Pot Head Pixie

Loc: the Oily Way...
    #1132443 - 12/11/02 11:20 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

They don't colonize at the exact same rate across the batch, even though you'd pretty much expect that. I have a pink buffalo that literally just sat there for a month, all I saw were moist spots where it was innoculated, and now the little bugger's goin' strong....the variables under consideration here are the concentration of spores per injection (which inevitably vary), and the degree to which the jars were tamped, which can slow things down, both if you tamp too much or too little (which i think was a problem with the aforementioned pinky). Give 'em time, you'll probably be pleasantly surprised.

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #1132564 - 12/11/02 12:18 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

thats shitty!
At least you got a few good jars out of it :smile:

Offlinedog man
biologicallyengineered

Re: whats the problem? [Re: upupup]
    #1132599 - 12/11/02 12:31 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

>lift the lid off of one of the ones that didn't work and smell it...report back.... <

i just checked it and it smells normal; like musty BRF.............almost all of the jars that ive had problems w/ have not shown any signs of contams; one of the jars which had mycel growth showed a blackish/brown contam and was promptly discarded.

hey hobbit, what do you mean by "tamped."

im still trying to figure out how i could prevent this from happening in the future (at least to this extent). would using freshly ground brown-rice (as opposed already powdered BFR) provide a better chance for more ofthe innoc. points to develop? i suppose i t couldn't hurt. do you guys think that something was wrong with the syringe solution? thanks for the help

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #1132780 - 12/11/02 01:43 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

By "tamped" he means how hard the substrate was packed into the jars. Did you just spoon it in and seal it up, or did you fill it the way one might load up a favorite smoking implement? Filling it up, smashing it down, then loading up more on top... If that was the case it might take longer for it to colonize fully.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1132855 - 12/11/02 02:09 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think it was tamped down to much if the rest of the jars are doing so well. I put my money on the actual spores themselves. Doesn't sound like you did anything incorrectly.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: whats the problem? [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1132907 - 12/11/02 02:34 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Dont lift the lid up just keep them, case them, and start new ones.

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags