Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Toronto Psyparty!!
    #11323531 - 10/26/09 12:48 PM (8 years, 25 days ago)

I posted this in gathering forums, but will probably get more views here.

Quote:

Shakti Collective is welcoming the cold winter months with a special, one of a kind talent coming to Toronto for an exclusive extended DJ set he prepared just for us!

D-NOX *extended dj set!*
[Sprout Music, Electribe, MPDQX / Germany]
http://www.myspace.com/djdnox

This guy is German. He really is, trust me! Looking at his tour calendar, you wouldn`t know it. Because D-Nox spends more time abroad, captivating huge crowds worldwide with his genre defying sets between Techno, Electro and Progressive House, than in his motherland. About 95 percent of the time he is busy somewhere between Mexico, Israel, China, Australia, Russia, Japan or God knows where. Often playing in front of 20,000 and more party-goons at the most renowned venues. Has this man forgotten about his roots, neglected his heritage? Certainly not, but D-Nox is simply one of the top Export-Acts of his own country. How did this come about, you might ponder? Well, let me tell you...

This more than eager youngster already started spinning 12inches way back in the days, 1992 to be precise. He was instantly consumed by the first wave of Techno-Music that hit Germany at the time. Within a couple of years D-Nox had landed residencies at some of the elite clubs of his region; The Poison Club 1994-96, Ratinger Hof 1995-97, Area Code 1996-2000 and Evosonic Radio 1997-99. Basically never being out of a residency job for more than a few months. Of course simultaneously stirring up numerous top notch clubs such as the Tresor, Tribehouse, Ultraschall and the Aufschwung Ost. His intimate interplay between the electrified audience and himself is the reason for his immense popularity as a deejay. Preferably long sets with countless ups and downs are his trademark, toying with the hungry crowd for several hours, before finally dropping the party-bomb on them.

After gaining enough experience and musical know-how over the last decade, D-Nox decided to also pursue other goals. 2000 was the year he landed a job as an A&R for Tatsu Records. For the next 48 months the talent agent was active spotting the next big unsigned thing. But being the hack that he is, D-Nox started is own label called Sprout Music. Just a short period after which he also started the sub-label Plastik Park. This chap was practically breathing in music 24 hours a day.

His greatest accomplishments as a producer where yet ahead of this already extremely experienced know-it-all. The project D-Nox & Beckers was introduced to the electronic-community. Tracks such as Jetlag Slave (Baroque, UK), Seven Hours (Electribe) and Memory Cell (in cooperation with David Amo & Julio Naves from Spain) where all incredibly successful 12inches. All reaching the number one spot on Beatport, the international top download webpage for all electronic producers. The debut album had to ensue. 2007 marked the year of the LP Left Behind, which was once again released on the label Electribe. All new and original tracks were written and recorded for the longplayer. Instead of simply positioning one song after the other, D-Nox & Beckers intertwined all tracks with each other, giving the listener the vibe of a live DJ-mix. Left Behind was especially auspicious in Japan and Brazil. The first single Shanghigh was another enormous breakthrough track for the dynamic duo. Minilogue and Patrick Zigon remixes will be released shortly. Aside from their own productions, D-Nox & Beckers are highly sought-after remixers. Minilogue, Tocadisco and many well-known artists are among the musicians they have worked with.

The radio-show D-Nox In Demand is just another document for this mans ability to mesmerize millions. Regularly D-Nox presents the latest in electronic beats to the masses.
The audience is listening, one could certainly say. Not merely in his native land, but the entire world. Wake up Germany, D-Nox is right around the corner!!!

http://www.ektoplazm.com/events/shakti-d-mension-drift/

Shakti collective hosts psytrance parties in the city, and although I've never heard of this dj the description is promising- and I've never been let down at any of their parties before.
Not sure if any shroomerites already check out these parties but I never miss any- people in the area who want to have a full power night of dancing and great vibes should come check eet out.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Toronto Psyparty!! [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #11323696 - 10/26/09 01:22 PM (8 years, 25 days ago)

I'd go if I lived near Toronto.

Psytrance parties are so much fun.

--------------------

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #11323921 - 10/26/09 02:03 PM (8 years, 25 days ago)

Is Ektoplazm going to be there?

I saw him at a psytrance party in the states earlier this year. He did an AMAZING morning set into the sunrise!

--------------------

Invisibleshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Toronto Psyparty!! [Re: RobMarley420]
    #11327616 - 10/26/09 10:49 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Likely he will be there, but he is not playing a set it seems. He goes by the name Basilisk I believe now, ektoplazm is just his psytrance netlabel.

But.. last Friday was his first party with his new label, drumlore. It's gonna focus on the more progessive/minimal/techno elemements- with psytrance roots o'course. If the morning set you saw him play is anything like the ones I saw him play this year, than that sound is what this new label will have.
He dumped a 2hr+ set on us for his label opener (time ceases to exist at a psyparty so I'm not sure how long exactly)- Drumlore 1 blew me away AND liquified me. Drumlore 2 is coming up sometime around Dec 12, and I can already barely contain myself.

I have been pleasently surprised at just how amazing Torontos psy scene is.

--------------------

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

#11327646 - 10/26/09 10:53 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

I've got a buddy that might be interested who lives in Toronto, I'll link him here.

--------------------

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: Toronto Psyparty!! [Re: Wapakz]
    #11327675 - 10/26/09 10:57 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

sounds like a right good bitchin' time:thumbup:

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Invisibleshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Toronto Psyparty!! [Re: Salomon]
    #11328672 - 10/27/09 01:22 AM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Ahha! I found where Basilisk is playing, the week before! Looks like I am gonna be having nearly my fill in psy in a couple weeks.

Saturday, November 14 09
10pm-7am Location tba
but not much more info yet.

Quote:

Ektoplazm and Gelatinous Beats join forces to bring you.....

FILTERIA: LIVE SWEDEN

Srpritual Trance wizard Filteria, merges the trancendant sounds of classic Goa trance with the finest modern production to produce an intensely high powered, yet exquisitely beautiful sound. Crystaline melodies and mystical soundscapes to take you into the warmest depths of your heart, the outer reached of space, and the infinite expanse of your mind. Come join us for a night of trancendance and transmutation. Ignite the light within and dance!

Basilisk
Quivering Virgin
Sidra
Nocturnal Beasts LIVE
Sinister Warlocks LIVE

Artwork: The Contraption and Saccidananda shall be unveiling a new series of u.v. murals, to fully immerse our tribe in an alternate state of reality.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub