Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Required rH range for Mycobag Colonization
    #1132213 - 12/11/02 11:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Alright I'm really brain-dead and tired from studying for finals, and I'm a bit worried about my mycobag. I have it growing in a shoebox, but the rH right now is only about 30%. It has been 4 days since inoculation. I'm starting to see some condensation on the inside of the bag. I've been keeping it fairly hot in my apt., since the heat is free. But anyway, my question is this. What do you think about a very small dish containing a very small amount of wet perlite being placed inside the box? I know that humidity doesn't need to be that high for mycobag colonization, but I think it would be better if it was high than if it was low. Then again, what do I know? Well I hope this post isn't retarded, cause right now I certainly am. Thanks a lot for your help, and please remember my mental state before you bash me.

--------------------
ha

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Re: Required rH range for Mycobag Colonization [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1132885 - 12/11/02 04:20 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Skikid? Anyone? I just need to know if it would be detrimental, cause if not I'm going to go for it. I think I should do it sooner rather than later so that my substrate doesn't dry out. Just tell me if you think it's going to hurt please.

--------------------
ha

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Required rH range for Mycobag Colonization [Re: shroominbloom]
    #1132910 - 12/11/02 04:35 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

checkout the grow logs for a time table to base your growth on. RH shouldn't be a factor just as long as its not 0% rh and robbing the bag of its humidity. you should be fine with or without the perlite. if it makes u more secure about it then put it in there :/

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlineshroominbloom
i have arrived

Re: Required rH range for Mycobag Colonization [Re: socratesmind]
    #1132929 - 12/11/02 04:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, thanks a lot, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't going to cause big problems because although I have a humidifier running in the room, it's a big room and I can't seem to get the rH above 30%. Anyway thanks a lot for the response, I appreciate it.

--------------------
ha

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation